Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, I didn't drop this game because of difficulty reasons, never got that far. No, I can't wait to see the shambling corpse that is the XP engine and the magical issues it brings to newer computers.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

krisslanza posted:

Why. W H Y.
If you didn't know about this ahead of time, and thought to plant some berries "in advance" you'd just go and throw away an extremely limited resource suddenly. Does the creator just hate Berries or something?

Throw stuff at the wall until it sticks game design. While other games have rigorous QA stuff, this game probably just had the designers toss those trees down and then forget about them entirely.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Give me a random lottery and I'd be up for that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Why is zapdos fire now

gently caress

It's also fighting! :allears:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

But what does that have to do with s'mores?

Pokemon Uranium Wiki posted:

Name origin
Smore may be named for s'mores, perhaps due to the fact that s'mores usually contain a fire-toasted marshmallow. It may also be derived from smoke.

:iiam:

It was probably just a cute sounding name.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Alas, poor PUSSYMASHER, you were too good for this poorly coded world.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Whirlwind can bounce it out if it tries to boost.
Skar doesn't easily win, but it stalemates hard and robs it of momentum, which can be almost as good.

Edit I gently caress around with RPG Maker a lot, so there's all these little design decisions in games like this that just loving baffle me. If they're digging hard into custom coding, why are there such basic 'this could be fixed super simply' issues like not being able to get kicked back to a Pokemon center when you lose? If they're just running off the pre-built scripts, why did it take a full team two years to make?

TL;DR I am very upset about free fangames about technicolor dogfights.

If I remember right, when Tie lost, he got booted back to the pokemon center, not a full reset.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I thought I saw a reference to a Hero type in the last update?

I will be honest, I think "nuclear" would be a cool pokemon type, but it's Pokemon Uranium, so it's done poorly.

Also I'm not sure what happened...Dick went to the power plant, fought a murderbot, and passed out after learning nothing?

He also activated a ~mysterious~ machine.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Hell, when Tie gor frustrated and power leveled his Pokemon to the 90s, he was still getting the business from non-super effective attacks from Pokemon in the 50s and 60s.

Wasn't that mostly due to the weird "take extra damage if your Pokemon is holding an item" bug?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm surprised no one talked about Tie and the absolute hell he went through trying to beat this gym. I think there was a solid couple of hours dedicated to trying to craft up a way to beat the metal dragon at the end. Everything else on Sheldon's team was easy but Tracton kicked his rear end multiple times over.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Hmm... what if the first thing I asked strangers was what gender they identified as? Made things a bit more inclusive and modern. Would that help?

By the way, what's your name again?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Imo there's no such thing as to many LPs of any type. You should really :justpost: that.

Got to agree. People want to see Pokemon Reborn and how poo poo it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh man, that was so quintessential fourteen years old. I'd love to see more. :allears:

• Locked thread