Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Aww hell yeah, can't wait to post my farm when I get home. I always designed my crops around my current watering can and its worked wonders so far.

That said, the only real tip new players should know is: upgrade your watering can the day before it rains so the blacksmith can work on it during the rainy day and you get it back the following day. This way your crops won't miss a watering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've pretty much stuck to the same 6x6 design for a year but I think I can afford to expand now that I have the fully upgraded watering can. The issue is time, I don't want a repeat of ending my farm duties at like 4pm every day. Maybe another row of 4..

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

Can you craft sprinklers yet?

Yeah but I put them in my greenhouse so I don't have to worry about the crops inside. I guess I could rework my farm in such a way that multiple iridium sprinklers still allow the special epic 3x3 crop chance.. I think I will try something like that.

I'm also considering straight up selling all my chickens/ducks/cows/goats, demolishing the coop, and buying a bunch of pigs. Animals are awesome for midgame money earning but I'm way passed that and tending to them every day is a chore that I don't really do anymore.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My basic layout:

Got another 3x6 under the pond that you can't see.

Wine shed.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

emoji posted:

The more overlapping 3x3 tiles you have the better chance for Big Crop

Cool, I'll set something like this up to the left of my Manual Farm. I still like watering things and I really don't have anything else to do in the game so lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How do you make more of those crystal duping things? I don't think I have the restipe

Also, beautiful greenhouse god drat

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh gently caress i forgot I need to max combat/mining still, that's probably what it is. They're lvl8 IIRC..

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

X-posting:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:coffee:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm curious what the other farm layouts look like

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm rebuilding some structures since my initial placement was sloppy. I have one of those green alien huts built but I've never seen them come out, will they just automatically bring crops back or what?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If your grandpas ghost gives your farm the best rating at the end of Year 2 you get a pink cat statue that produces between 3-11 iridium ores a day or something crazy like that. It's more than enough for me to subside on without having to mine or fight things, which is literally the only weakness this game has IMHO.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Catberry posted:

Yes but by the time you get that. Most players will have been to the skull caverns enough to have almost all the iridium they need.

Not me, which is why I said it. Relax lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You can enable zoom from the options menu and just zoom all the way out maybe, tho I never tried that. Public trees grow back also

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

My crab pots kept getting filled with soggy newspapers and CDs so I stopped caring about them

Early in the game you get three crab pots as a reward for something, and I put em in the ocean just off the shore. There has never been anything in them and I stopped checking after a month. They're still there.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sorry for double post but my all pig strat is starting to pay off. Combined with the perk that sometimes doubles foraged items, I'm swimming in truffle oil. :D

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

my general trick to fishing is tapping the mouse button so that your bar never gets too much momentum. also, there are certain fish that are put into the game to essentially be uncatchable, so don't worry about that. and if you have a lake on your property it will have really lazy, easy fish by design, which is a good way to build the skill and get a larger catch bar.

do you have about milli on you right now?

I've been hovering around a million for a while now, give or take 50k in either direction. Last night I broke through to about 1.2m when my melons were ready. I'm gonna have to set up another sprinkler system to speed this up, maybe another pig barn. What I definitely need is another shed for casks. I still have over 900 beers and roughly 200 of each gold star cheese just waiting to be fermented.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I have one coffee bean plot and a few cranberries setup in my greenhouse. I keep the coffee for the townspeople and straight up sell the wine since I don't need to add any more to my beerlog.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fenced in my pigs to make truffles easier to find.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah but I was under the impression that quality doesn't effect the sale price of truffle oil?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's kinda lame but I still want it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Epic expansions happening in Fall 3, including more sprinkler farms, few more alien hut things, and an oak farm running down the center of it all. Need muh kegs. Also started my gem doubling farm, got like a dozen or so right now with 7 of them currently duping diamonds. I'm also planning on some kind of town square thing around the southern lake, still not sure what to do w/it but I got some stone floors and walls up for now.

Pics will come when I get the chance to clean it up properly.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I married Maru cos she's smart

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fall 3 Expansions

Oak tree farm:

Iridium expansion south: You can see where the old layout ended w/the gem & stone walkways on the right there

Currently working with 360 total plots, gonna have to greenhouse some starfruits this winter lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It doubles the base sell price

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bump_fn posted:

aged iridium starfruit wine imho

wine takes 2 full seasons to age, gently caress that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

He is and he deserves the bajillions of dollars this game made

Yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

the cellar is a cool idea, but by the time you can get it, it doesn't feel like it matters much. 3 seasons to double the sell price of something isn't that great.

The payout is great even for lategame, but fermenting anything takes way too long. I haven't played in a week or so but I kinda want to try a second file using a different layout.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Memories of an epic haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

What other good farm games are there? I'd love something like this on 3ds

• Locked thread