Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Definitely put more into blood and brain splatter budget. 7/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Those who go after Wick are like Icarus, flying higher and closer to the sun and then the sun shoots them in the head.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tenzarin posted:

Just how many times can his wife die? The next movie is gonna be John Wick vs his wife who was never dead because shes a member of the High Table. Was it the high table or high chair?

Think piece: Is Helen, John Wicks wife, the new Martha and Thomas Wayne of expository flashbacks?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 18, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gyges posted:

Due to the actions of Theon she is the face that launched a thousand bullets.

Glad im not the only one who thought this, pretty sure that's why they chose that name.

E;
Got a text from a friend saying the next movie will definitely reveal Winston is Wicks father. lol

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 18, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I wish I looked that good now. :swoon:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lord Lambeth posted:

Small quibble: Right after Wick's house got burnt, the scene with him standing in front of the fire looked really fake.

On the other hand it looked like a Renaissance depiction of something apocalyptic.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

You, that's what this movie was missing, more male gaze.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DuhSal posted:

Loved it. Thought it was better than the first one and I liked how they built on the world. I also appreciated how economical the dialogue was. No over done exposition while still getting every ounce of information out precisely.

Oh boy, Wick hanging up on Santino just like he did with Vigo when they start bloviating. :allears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tenzarin posted:

The non assassin's of New York's common folk are quite slow.

It was great how you could see some guys on the train were going to break up the fight between Wick and Common but decided better of it. Then everyone bolts as soon as the doors open up at the next stop. Did they recognize Wick? :allears:

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 19, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

WarpedLichen posted:

Loved the movie but the action definitely breaks the suspension of disbelief more than the first one did. Like others said, all the barely missed shots, the bullet proof suit jacket, and the overly calm civilians seemed too hammy to me.

The first part of killing the sister also felt too easy for an "impossible target."

The ones that screamed at the fountain as they undoubtedly hit bystanders or the ones that ran in terror the second the train doors opened?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Perhaps the Pope is king/grand master/pope/etc. of assassins?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

You deserve a coin for these posts. :wickcoin: ?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This movie had some amazing action but out of all the loving great things in this movie, the movie I'll probably think of anything anyone mentions this movie is the silencer fight with hundred of people around because it's the most loving ridiculous thing I've seen. Common and Keanu with these stone cold killer faces trying to kill each other while also camly walking down the train station. It was loving perfect

I'd like to see him being given a Continental. He'll be safe but he'll never be able to leave. Maybe he can make it dog friendly :3:

Wick becomes Hades and names his dog Cerberus.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Clipperton posted:

As long as we're making predictions, I'll say 3 ends with Wick killing off the entire High Table and getting shot like eight times in the process. Then he sits down at the head of the table, surrounded by bodies, and his dog comes and sits next to him. The End.

Did you just watch The 13th Warrior?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Samuel Clemens posted:

The ultimate punchline in the film is that everyone is vaguely aware and accepting of the secret society. Civilians try to avoid the fire fights, for sure, but they're not all that bothered by assassins killing each other.

Though that does make the decision to use a deliberately outdated system for handing out new contracts a little strange. Why worry about electronic surveillance when you're already in control of the world?

This is an excellent post.

Switchboard ladies have a really good union.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 24, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
One doesn't simply give Wick back his car and call it squaresies.

The branch of peace must be drenched in the blood of those who crossed me. -John Wick

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LegoMan posted:

I can't remember did he kill anyone in that opening? I remember a lot of beating the shits out of.

The guy he shot the knees off of probably bled out by the time him and Viggos brother took a shot of vodka in the office.

That's the most peaceful you're going to get from Wick.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I watched John Wick 1, and I loved it, but with reservations that will probably make me skip the sequels.

What I enjoyed about John Wick 1 was how ultimately nihilistic and unpleasant the subculture of badass assassins and crime lords was. This is most obvious in just how Wick just can't enjoy it, while almost everyone else is playing their roles with gusto. There's a sense of wrongness no matter how cool the action scenes are that makes it a relief to get out once it's over.

So a sequel seems like missing the point.

All that really is in John Wick Chapter 2, it's emphasized and punctuated hard with this song at the end that the bolded parts of your post just made me start playing it in my head , Plastic Heart - feat. Ciscandra Nostalghia (John Wick: Chapter 2 OST)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Nerf John Wick: https://youtu.be/9MrnAJsxL8c

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 19, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

nah, if anything he needs buffs after the end of this movie

(:haw:)

Oh. My God.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

JW1 was a huge left field surprise for a lot of people, and folks I know avoided it at first, some because they thought Reeves was washed up

Turns out sad Keanu just needed someone to give him a lot of guns, again.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Note also that it was the exact same part of Central Park where Winston had Perkins killed in JW1 after she'd attacked John in the Continental.

They might have gone easier on her if she hadn't shot Harry in the face.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Vampire camerapeople.
I know what you're thinking, "what about the cameras? Idiot. " Vampire cameras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Santino bloviating to Wick about his addiction and enjoyment of violence and death.
We are Wick. He's talking to us also.
:aaa:

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 26, 2017

• Locked thread