Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Sataere posted:

They absolutely have a plan. Whether it's a good one is another story, but I am on board. The difference in talent and depth before Pace started and now is huge. Our roster is a lot better. Too bad the coaching is mediocre.

I don't understand why Cutler is viewed from a different lense than his peers.

QB Ratings
Cutler -- 85.7
Manning -- 83.7
Flacco -- 84.5
Newton -- 86.1
Smith -- 85.3

All the other QBs have been to Super Bowls. All are considered good enough to win a Super Bowl with. But the narrative is that Cutler is what was bringing the Bears down.

All while having a carousel of offensive coordinators and a bunch of garbage defenses. Only twice since Cutler has been there have the Bears had a top ten scoring defense.

I know quarterback rating is a dumb metric, but is Cutler really significantly worse than Eli or Flacco?

(Having said that, he needs to leave Chicago. There's is nothing he can do to salvage what's left of his career here)

Where do the stats on this chart come from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Doesn't actual free agency start in like 2 days though

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Every year in free agency all the beat writers say my team will spend. Every year they're wrong. Why do I believe them

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Gettleman stop eating and sign someone to protect your qb you fat gently caress.

I think we're gonna grab kalil.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

So what's the deal with Aaron Williams? Worth a tire kick for a team that needs a safety?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

fsif posted:

He's a great starting safety, but he's a bad hit away from retirement if he's not outright retiring already. Put his availability, health wise, in the same category as Tony Romo.

So you're saying he'd be inexpensive...

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I didn't know that contract dump trades were even legal in the NFL. Although I suppose after this year they probably won't be.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why wouldn't they be, and how would you enforce this?

Same way Roger enforces anything: unevenly and arbitrarily.

And the NFL doesn't need a reason. Spirit of the game or some nonsense.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

They signed cyprien didn't they? That's not nothing...

Edit: The Titans, I mean

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hahahaha

Brock is totally the guy who acts like he dumped her meanwhile he sends texts every other night

No it's the opposite. He's playing the victim here

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Jesus Christ Vikings, you... You shouldn't have did that

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

He's going back to the pats though?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Apparently someone wants to trade for Tre Boston. Please gettleman, don't let this go to waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Derek Anderson!

unless he only gets one play because you're arbitrarily punishing your actual starter for a stupid dress code violation. Then he'll throw a pick six in protest.

• Locked thread