Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Philly Brown to Buffalo.

He's a gritty undersized receiver who runs good routes and has some decent top end speed but just isn't big enough.

Grimy would be more suitable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Stop trading with them, goddammit.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

A done deal

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/841751316351332353

He's such a good dude and I'm legit excited to see what he can do in that offense :)

Indeed, he looks very "good"

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

Yep, there it is. You're the guy. Way to go, buddy.

Try not to take yourself too seriously. It'll do you some good.

I haven't been very impressed by him the few times I've seen him play, but he'll likely have a chance to produce in the Pats O because everyone does. IIRC, he's shown flashes as a receiver out of the backfield, correct?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If Glennon's getting a shot, then why not McCarron? Besides, wouldn't he know Hue's offense?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Iodised QQ posted:

Cool, some initial reports had it being north of 17 a year. Cheaper than vernon.

Wonder if it is structured in a similar way with a low year one cap hit to give them some flexibility now to make another move.

So how did he play last season? I'm at work so I can only get away with watching so much YouTube

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Kalli posted:

Yeah, an old running back that was retired last year is going to be like a swap of 7th round picks level of compensation.

The league really overvalues draft picks, and considering he was hurt his last season, the Hawks really shouldn't expect to get anything in return.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

A whole lot of people severely overrating Sherman

E: This discussion is unnecessarily crossing over threads.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 6, 2017

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Late here, but the same folks making GBS threads on Luck are the same who are down on Romo. It frustrates me that so many people don't understand how the team concept could affect an individual's performance - let along one whose influence is as ubiquitous as a quarterback's.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Those numbers hint at what I've always thought: Cutler is slightly better than Eli. Jay had a poo poo oline for an eternity, and really bad teams for the majority of his time in Chicago. His career reminds me of Romo's excluding that the latter was able to work through all the bullshit - which is an exception for nearly all QBs.

That's why Romo is great, Cutler is good, and gently caress you if you disagree.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

At the same time, lol if you expect any loyalty from an employer in tyool 2017

Time to drop some knowledge on you fools. If you feel the need to hold back on teachings then you either a) work for a poo poo employer and need to leave, or b) have been scarred in the past and don't know how to be a good leader

The whole "protect your job" is an ancient approach which only brings about minimal benefits (specifically for yourself). You're better off elevating your team/department/company as a whole and use that to negotiate why you deserve to be an even bigger "influencer" on the company.

Additionally, collaboration makes for a good team environment, and everyone thrives when they're succeeding. It would reflect really well upon you.

What you're doing is contributing to, or creating, an environment of secrecy and betrayal. If you are withholding teachings to those under you then you are literally betraying them since one of your responsibilities is their development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm happy as gently caress at my job but I also know that's rare. Also, I'm underpaid as well but not by much. I've got a plan to make up for it though.

• Locked thread