Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Still better than Osweiler

Man, even Jared Goff is better than Osweiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, I misread his stats and included his garbo Vikings season with his Miami seasons somehow. :haw:

You have to wonder what inexplicable decisions in the Vikings FO led to that signing.

"Hmmmm... we have a deep threat WR with a catching radius smaller than the thermal exhaust port on the Death Star. You think he'd be a good fit with Teddy "Black Alex Smith Minus the Athleticism" Bridgewater?"

"Fuuuuck... why not?"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

waah posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo o oo o

Please let us have him back for the approximately 9 healthy games he will have.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mcmagic posted:

It's not impossible that Glennon could make a lot of people in this thread look foolish.

I didn't know he was contagious.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 7, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

waah posted:

Needs a Brazzers watermark

:doh: You're totally right.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Underhis current contract Tony Romo would be the highest paid player in the NFL next seasom

If he's off suspension Josh Gordon will be the highest, paid player.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Apparently Adrian Peterson is interested in the Seahawks because he's still close to Darrell Bevell

Cool, the last ex-Vikings skill position player worked out so well for Seattle

It would be pretty cool to have AP follow in Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens' footsteps by retiring as a Seahawk. I'm happy to have him. Got him in the nuts once, I noticed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

AP and Frank Clark on the same team is definitely a thing I'm not dreading, not in the least.

The more lovely people we have on the team, the harder Angry Doug plays. :shrug:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cash Monet posted:

I thought he meant white receiver.

You mean a flanker?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
If DeSean becomes a Patriot I will finally be ready to believe he is a member of the crips.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:pray: Romo to Houston and a fantastic Super Bowl Run. I want to see Brady's farewell season end with a blowout loss to Romo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Santheb posted:

I'm also gonna miss Cousins too :( Been my guy since I was drunk in a bar and watched him beat Wisconsin on a Hail Mary.

I was sold on Cousins since that game too! :hfive: I think I even wanted him to Seattle.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Kirk cousins is probably going to get the biggest contract in NFL history

Kirk

Cousins

I think Kirk Cousins getting that makes more sense than Flacco.

FizFashizzle posted:

GM: why did you leak this to steve smith?

Assistant: he.... I'm sorry. I fell down the stairs. That's all. I fell down the stairs.

Lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Iodised QQ posted:

A guy called into Mike Francesa today asking about guys like DJ Fluker and Chance Warmack as possible helpful additions to the Giants or Jets offensive line.

Francesa cut him off and said that those players don't exist and are probably just names of the caller's friends.

https://twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/status/839573562939826176

How do I get into sports radio?

Reposting this in the journalism thread :stonklol:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

Nobody is missing Parm's gimmick.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

bigmcgaffney posted:

I will miss Calais and his punt blocks, 6'7" frame, and gentle off the field demeanor. His days were numbered the moment they traded for Chandler Jones and doubly so when they drafted Nkemdiche. He's a great guy though. Didn't the Jags pick up Malik Jackson last year too?

Tony Jefferson was good too, but there was no way he was going to get paid in AZ what he can get elsewhere, they have a billion dollars tied up in the secondary between Pat P and Mathieu.

Calais is a favorite of mine as well. Lots of classy players there. Too bad your coach is a dipstick.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Ours wears a kangol hat and doesn't believe in concussions, yours chews gum and doesn't believe in 9/11, and they are both like 70

what I'm saying is the NFC West owns

The NFC West does own, but Arians is a dick to his players. Sorry.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

89 posted:

Hey, did you guys know that Alshon Jeffrey is a Philadelphia Eagle? :iamafag:

Did you guys know thatttt? :iamafag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prgm4eKq6d4

He's going to make at least 2 million per game played with you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

Seeing that those reports about Lang already heading back from Seattle may be false. Apparently he doesn't even land at SeaTac til 11 PST.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/840252396844568576

Guess we'll find out what's true soon enough. I'll still be surprised if he signs, someone will bid higher than Seattle.

Getting Lang would be a huge step up for us. Russell is fantastic at escaping outside pressure, but interior pressure as well is just too much. With Lang and Britt holding up the middle, and hopefully Ifedi making strides in his sophomore year, the Seahawks will look a lot better. Plus it would be nice to have Rawls making contact at the line of scrimmage instead of before. Barry Sanders wouldn't have averaged 4 ypc the way they played last season.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

If they can sign him it'll be a giant deal for sure. Ifedi struggled last year but has tons of potential, it would make a world of difference to have a stable interior OL.

Of course, OT has been bad enough that I wonder if we split Ifedi out there if we get Lang. Ifedi seemed more comfortable there in college, and that's where we desperately need help.

Hopefully we can get a decent guard in the draft. I wouldn't mind moving Ifedi outside. I still thank Fant has loads of potential, and I'm willing to keep him at tackle, since Russell avoids that pressure the best anyway. I just want the interior solidified and Gilliam to never step foot on the field except for jumbo packages where he is an eligible receiver.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I worked with a guy who was 6'8" once. The joke was that we needed to hire a guy who was 6'9" to tell him what to do. I don't blame BOB for wanting to deck him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

This is amazing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Is Remmers really that much worse than Kalil? I thought he looked alright to good for at least a short period in his career. Kalil has always been poo poo, excluding his rookie year, right? I don't know enough about these two to form an opinion.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:lol: I really hope he's a Hawk now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

An Atlanta Hawk. He's short but can give them some fouls off the bench to rest their big guys.

That's fine, Dwight Howard would make a great RT.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm guessing the threat of going to the Jets didn't significantly move the needle on the Pats offer to Hightower. Now, he's trying the Steelers.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/841304028319494144

Yeah, like the Steelers are going to cash out for another teams linebacker. :rolleyes:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

I'm not Caste footballing, I just think there may be unconscious biases in NFL front offices that—in this one particular, very specific incident—may work slightly against undersized white players. They're still not top 20 players at their positions or anything, but Edelman was a 7th round pick and Chris Hogan languished on practice squads for way too long. They were definitely undervalued before Belichick.

Same for EJ Manuel imo. Hth. Kthxbye.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

WHOOPS posted:

I think Julius Peppers is more of a question mark to get in than Ware as far as how his off-the-field reputation might impact him. Ware seems like a lock.

Plus Ware played for the Cowboys and Broncos, so we know HoF voters will slob all over his nob.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

There are like 3 Broncos in the HoF

Terrell Davis just made it, so I'm leaning on that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Are you really saying that harrison is on the same tier as ware lmfao

He's better.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know how to play football yet.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Was Ware's time of dominance any better than Harrison's 5 years of dominating? I'm not under the impression Ware was better for longer, nor is he nearly as durable.

Doesn't Ware also sell out for the pass at the expense of the run? I thought Harrison was more well rounded.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

Obese-t mode.

This is actually pretty good

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

that dumb Ted Thompson signing Martellus Bennett to a really good contract while letting an perpetually out of shape poo poo running back walk.

Gotta make room for Christian McCaffrey!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Poe-Suh. :swoon: please kill Tom Brady.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

Can Rachel Maddow play left tackle

Yeah, don't even try putting her on the right though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

A place calles Pats Pulpit is less of a team propaganda arm than GC.

Pulling that off is a real triumph of the will on his part.

Is this a shot at my dog, Nietzche? Not cool.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm not sure why people always say this. It's like unfriending the really loving stupid people on Facebook, you know there's not going to be anything good attached to their name.

Avoiding people with opinions contrary to your own is a good way to end up in a weird bubble where you don't understand why everyone doesn't behave exactly like you and your friends.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I work in sales

My condolences.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

People who do stupid gimmick postings have nothing worthwhile to contribute though. Parm, Kawalimus, GC. You don't even need to read their posts to know what they'll say.

Thank you for leaving me off the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

He looked pretty good with Rodgers last year and a definite upgrade over Rivera. A solid B-list FA signing.

Does Jared Cook have a hot sister?

• Locked thread