Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

Pats fans used to defend him saying he was nearly a thousand yard receiver if you counted the post season

He WAS surprisingly... alright... in 2014. Then he promptly fell apart and started dropping everything again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I disappear for an hour and I don't understand anything that's going on now other then all the fullbacks are off the market.

FizFashizzle posted:

Pats fans used to defend him saying he was nearly a thousand yard receiver if you counted the post season

LaFell is a fine 3rd option for an offense. Not good, but a fine guy to have around.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Is it possible that the Hoyer to SF is a smokescreen by SF to force Washingtons hand on Cousins? 🤔

That would be a pretty bad look for the org, but I can believe anything of Jed York

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Brandon Lafell was surprisingly good last year. As long as he isn't your first option he would be a good pickup.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I disappear for an hour and I don't understand anything that's going on now other then all the fullbacks are off the market.

LaFell is a fine 3rd option for an offense. Not good, but a fine guy to have around.

lol he's gonna be a 1 in chicago

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Blitz7x posted:

Is it possible that the Hoyer to SF is a smokescreen by SF to force Washingtons hand on Cousins? 🤔

I don't see why they would, Cousins himself is the best leverage SF has in their pursuit. Just because they signed Hoyer, doesn't mean they wouldn't also still want Cousins; Hoyer's reportedly only a 2 year deal, and they can afford two QB contracts in the short term.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 8, 2017

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Everything comes full circle

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Allbright is tweeting about the Dolphins possibly signing Cutler :haw:

I'm so down.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Santheb posted:

Everything comes full circle

He was on the Falcons last season

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Coldforge posted:

I don't see why they would, Cousins himself is the best leverage SF has in their pursuit. Just because they signed Hoyer, doesn't mean they wouldn't also still want Cousins; Hoyer's reportedly only a 2 year deal, and they can afford two QB contracts in the short term.

Worst case scenario SF rolls with Hoyer for a season and picks up Cousins next year when Washington refuses to pay him $40M for a third franchise tag.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Necks Grossman

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

I'm so down.

what

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

A guy called into Mike Francesa today asking about guys like DJ Fluker and Chance Warmack as possible helpful additions to the Giants or Jets offensive line.

Francesa cut him off and said that those players don't exist and are probably just names of the caller's friends.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/status/839573562939826176/video/1

How do I get into sports radio?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Adam Gase? :shrug:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Worst case scenario SF rolls with Hoyer for a season and picks up Cousins next year when Washington refuses to pay him $40M for a third franchise tag.

Ideally, but this is still Jed York's 49ers, so the worst case scenario is Shanahan and Lynch being fired next year, Jed taking over personally as GM and Skip Bayless gets brought in as head coach with an eight year contract. Also Bowman's other knee is shredded in a freak snowboarding accident during the offseason, and every high priced FA they sign this year "retires."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Iodised QQ posted:

A guy called into Mike Francesa today asking about guys like DJ Fluker and Chance Warmack as possible helpful additions to the Giants or Jets offensive line.

Francesa cut him off and said that those players don't exist and are probably just names of the caller's friends.

https://twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/status/839573562939826176

Reposting this in the journalism thread :stonklol:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

He was on the Falcons last season

Yeah full circle. He takes off his Falcons uniform after the Super Bowl, walks out of Falcons HQ, around it, back into the building, and inks his contract.

Turned his life around 360 degrees

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Iodised QQ posted:

Are you a loud mouthed rear end in a top hat?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
His producer/stooge with the pro "couldn't make him out Mike." Savvy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Iodised QQ posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/status/839573562939826176/video/1

This guy says, in the same breath, that he doesn't recognize the names and that the caller made them up and then also says he couldn't understand what the names were. So which was it? And why didn't he ask the guy to repeat the names?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Iodised QQ posted:

If the rumors are to be believed, helps to be a failed governor.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jonathan Chin

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Chance Warmack stinks

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Coldforge posted:

Ideally, but this is still Jed York's 49ers, so the worst case scenario is Shanahan and Lynch being fired next year, Jed taking over personally as GM and Skip Bayless gets brought in as head coach with an eight year contract. Also Bowman's other knee is shredded in a freak snowboarding accident during the offseason, and every high priced FA they sign this year "retires."

There's no way York can out-Snyder Snyder.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is that the guy who said women can't be coaches yesterday?

edit: yep not a good week

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

Is that the guy who said women can't be coaches yesterday?
yup

e: to be more accurate, he basically said that women are incapable of coaching men, especially on the professional level

e2: he also literally questioned how women would be able to walk up and down the sideline of a basketball court for an entire game while wearing heels

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 8, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

I'm so down.

Why?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And how tone deaf do you have to be to say that the day before the Day Without Women protest

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

sean10mm posted:

He might mean "free agency player" in the sense of teams that are big players in free agency?

Otherwise, yeah, there have been a bunch of individual players who were big-name free agents that got rings on their new teams.

This is what I meant, but I phrased if poorly. The list of names people brought up only illustrate my point though.

Revis - was cut, not a FA
Manning - was cut, not a FA
Talib - free agent
Ware - was cut, not a free agent
Woodson - free agent
Boldin - was traded, not a free agent

Most of those guys didn't impact the comp picks and good teams extend their own players and let the guys who are overpriced walk. It's how you stay competitive consistently.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839587626264969216

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

e: Ehud this is literally the third time today you have beaten me to the tweet post

Barf

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839587626264969216

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839574046052335616

way too much

Hopefully the guaranteed isn't high

It's a dumb position to be in, but it's probably the right move for the Dolphins to overpay Branch on a deal for a year or two to buy time.

They need to be four deep at DE and they've got Cameron Wake and nothing else- no depth, no developmental players. FA is pretty well barren, and there really isn't anyone else available who fits this defense- they're either undersized edge rushers(which isn't really the wide-9 thing contrary to popular belief) or they're guys who fill the Jason Jones of a guy who is going to move inside in passing situations(which the draft is also full up on)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

NE downgrading at TE. Good.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Guess Bennett will be signing elsewhere.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/839588147457626112

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cool, I'll take that as a TE#2, and as a trade, doesn't affect comp picks

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Ehud a few days ago: sucks that the Dolphins can't resign everybody

*it's always sunny in Philadelphia music*

The dolphin resign everybody

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

If the Eagles only wind up with Kenny Britt as their big skill position signing....

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

Ehud a few says ago: sucks that the Dolphins can't resign everybody

*it's always sunny in Philadelphia music*

The dolphin resign everybody

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Great, now he is going to finally stay healthy with the Pats

• Locked thread