Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Also cancel the "Julius Thomas to the Dolphins" shirts

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/833726854301368323

A 7th in next years draft. Why fuckin' bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Would he still fit? I'm not sure what his best role is in a 4-3

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Another thing - The rumored amount for Kenny Stills is $12m per year.

If that is true, bye Kenny :-/

Much like Clay, will be very sad to see him leave, but $12m is not something we can an afford

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Would really like the Dolphins to make a run at Hightower if they're not going to bring back Stills.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Kalli posted:

Hightower will not be $8m per year, he will likely be around or a bit north of Kuechly's $12m a year (he's not quite as good as Kuechly, but that's also a 2 year old contract).

Yeah. FA prices this season are crazy

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
gently caress's sake

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I thought athlete charities were the classic way of covertly funnelling money to capped players?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I like how quiet Twitter is right now. Makes me think it's gonna get crazy in a couple of hours.

Are people allowed to announce deals now, or is it all just quiet tapping up.

Also who should I follow on twitter for football that isn't insufferable?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

wandler20 posted:

There's a good list in the OP. Except Jason LaCanfora. gently caress that guy. He's beyond insufferable and almost always wrong.

Oh, duh. Thanks!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I wonder if this is the CB we were rumored to be after in a trade.

We have this lightly used Matt Moore...

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

89 posted:

Alternatively,
Byron Maxwell (I heard he was good this year), and let's not speak his name

Eh

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Agreed. Kinda expect the Dolphins to try the comp picks route again this year. If Stills gets >$10m and Branch gets $8m, that could be a 3rd and a 4th if they can manage to avoid ufas to full the rest of the roster.

I'm just curious who they might be targeting, given the numerous holes and lots of cap room even after extensions for Landry and Alonso (and hopefully Sims)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I think we will be slow movers in free agency. Like maybe one bigger signing and then a bunch of bargain hunting.

The mantra repeated by the front office and Gase is, "We aren't going to be the team that wins free agency anymore. It doesn't work."

Agree again. I'm just not sure who they'd go for. I mean, if Stills is getting $10m and the top guards are getting $9m, I'm totally fine with throwing $12m at hightower and signing 3 bushrod style canny vets at guard.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The team's also been quite public about their intention to build the team by paying the people on it rather than bringing in pricey free agents.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839574046052335616

way too much

Hopefully the guaranteed isn't high

Argh. Would be funny if he gets more than Kenny

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

One name that keeps coming up for Miami to sign as a guard is Mangold.

Totes up for this, assuming he's not broken.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Holy poo poo

Cooks and Gilmore on the patriots is unfair stop it

I'd love Nick Mangold at RG. Rumor has it he's been a friend of Tannebaum for a while so we should have the inside track. He's got versatility and it seems 7 a year gets him

Very down with that price.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

That's a lot of money.

Sad that Sims is leaving, but Fasano and Timmons both feel like good moves.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Seriously bummed about Abdul-Quddus :(

Dude was good and cheap

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I like this William Hayes trade a lot. We desperately needed an edge guy who was stout against the run and getting him + a seventh for our sixth is very palatable.

If we can tie up Timmons, Allen and either Bushrod or Mangold, we'll have had a quietly very good free agency.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Since the 2011 CBA have any restricted free agents actually been signed to another team and traded for the pick? I know immediately after for the next couple of years there was a lot of transparent collusion with low round tenders. I haven't paid as much attention the last couple of years so maybe that's changed.

Otherwise Butler's staying on the Patriots for another year. It might make sense to give up the pick but teams have mostly just used it as a way to avoid paying players for a little longer.

Can't remember exactly how or when the Wes Welker trade happened, but I think he counts?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Hogan didn't cost a pick.

And Welker was in 2007.

And now I feel old :(

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

If we get Timmons and Mangold I'm really happy with our FA spend.

We signed Larsen apparently. Rumor has it we're agreed to principals with Nate Allen

This will free up a lot of paths for our draft. I expect heavy DE and LB moves by us, also some secondary help.

Yeah. Would leave us with a viable (if not brilliant) starter everywhere and able to go pure bpa on the draft.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Apparently Ted Jansen's agreed $9M over three years with the Dolphins, which sounds just the ticket.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

Meh. Can't believe we haven't released Misi yet.

I've no problem believing they'll hold onto Misi till the draft, just to make sure they don't get caught without enough bodies.

How come Pittsburgh hasn't made more effort to keep Timmons?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Who is Kony Ealy and why does that sounds like a fake name?

There was an African warlord who got memed somehow called Kony

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Dolphins are idiots. How did Mike Tannenbaum get a second GM gig?

Eh? The only vaguely dumb thing they've done this offseason is overpay Andre Branch

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Kalli posted:

If anyone cares, Barnwell has been analyzing and tossing a grade up for each pick as they happen: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx2017FAgrades/bill-barnwell-grades-big-2017-free-agent-deals-nfl

The A's he's handed out so far are Alshon Jeffrey and Prince Amukamura, while the D's are Reshad Jones, Matt Kalil, Malcolm Smith, Robert Woods, Kenny Stills, Kyle Juszyczyk and Andre Branch which is gonna make the Dolphfans mad.

Eh.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Nate Allen is apparently a Dolphin for 1yr/$3.4m. Seems reasonable I guess, but I hope we get someone better in the draft.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

As long as we don't draft Peppers in the first I am happy

What've you got against peppers? Versatile super athlete seems to be the in thing at the moment

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Sorry we only stock up on gritty, hardnosed, students of the game up here in NE

Plus Gronk

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Jabrill Peppers is an awkward pairing with Reshad Jones. I don't trust Peppers to play that much single-high, so you're ultimately in a position where you're asking your $12m a year ultra-safety to cover for him... all so he can fill a role that your $12m a year safety is one of the best in the league at.

Dolphins I think are better off looking for a single-high safety. It sucks that the Patriots re-signed Duron Harmon because that would have worked out well.

Fair enough. I assumed they'd draft him if they felt he was bpa and figure out where to play him after that. I can't imagine he'd end up as a conventional FS, more a wierd nickel guy.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

He has always maintained that he would play QB and I'm certain he would be drat good at it. Not sure if he'd be better worse or equal to Cam, but I think their game would be very similiar.

If his football iq is as high as his basketball iq he'd be Brady-esque

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Haven't the Browns already knocked?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, I'd hold onto him for this year and take the comp pick when he goes elsewhere. If someone's dumb enough to offer you a 1st or high second, great, but otherwise I'd be all in for this year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

I'm so sorry Giants fans.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

As a guard?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hurry the gently caress up and accept the trade Rams

I wonder what type of contract we'll give him. He's young and playing fantastic. 5/65/30?

Where are you getting this from out of interest? I've not come across any rumours regarding him or Mangold.

I just don't want to get hurt again :ohdear:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lots of smoke that Miami and Poe reached a one year agreement.

Fun!

Though that presumably means no Johnson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Is he the guy from the giants?

I keep hearing about some giants DT. A lot of smoke it'll be a year prove it but a lot of people think Poe wants a 2 year. Miami wants a 1 year so they've got the option to let him walk for the comp pick

No, the rams corner. You're thinking of Hankins

• Locked thread