Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Blitz7x posted:

Is it possible that the Hoyer to SF is a smokescreen by SF to force Washingtons hand on Cousins? 🤔

I don't see why they would, Cousins himself is the best leverage SF has in their pursuit. Just because they signed Hoyer, doesn't mean they wouldn't also still want Cousins; Hoyer's reportedly only a 2 year deal, and they can afford two QB contracts in the short term.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Worst case scenario SF rolls with Hoyer for a season and picks up Cousins next year when Washington refuses to pay him $40M for a third franchise tag.

Ideally, but this is still Jed York's 49ers, so the worst case scenario is Shanahan and Lynch being fired next year, Jed taking over personally as GM and Skip Bayless gets brought in as head coach with an eight year contract. Also Bowman's other knee is shredded in a freak snowboarding accident during the offseason, and every high priced FA they sign this year "retires."

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Please don't post fake reporter Twitter accounts.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Blitz7x posted:

When you're a bad organization, good free agents don't visit unless you pay out the rear end

But drafted players HAVE to play for you

Source: Raider fan

Kind of? AJ Jenkins, who was technically on the 49ers for two years after being drafted by them, never actually played for them.

Just spent all his time trying to bulk up.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

ribtstu posted:

is kirk 49er yet

Check again in 2018.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

Best case scenario: Kyle bombs badly in SF and is fired as York struggles to be even more toxic than Haslam, the Texans hire him at OC and Kirk signs with them

Probably also the absolute best 49ers fans can expect.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shangri-Law School posted:

I hope Lang works out! :lol: Seahawks line.

Nick Mangold Sebastian Volmer John Sullivan Top-SPARQ-rated UDFA D-line Conversion will solve all their O-line problems, have no fear.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

I'm sure he's a fine human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Yeah, they basically looked at what the Browns did this past season and said, "hey, we can do that!"

• Locked thread