Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Details on the Amendola paycut:

quote:

Amendola receives $100,000 in the form of a signing bonus.

His base salary of $1.25 million in fully guaranteed.

He has a $50,000 workout bonus.

A total of $300,000 in per-game roster bonuses can be earned ($18,750 per game).

His maximum compensation in 2017 is $1.7 million.

His new cap number is $3.041 million, down from the $7.791 million it would have been in his original contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko/status/856669407971602432

Nov 6, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

How does no one with any power at ESPN see that he's clearly senile and everyone just makes fun of him/doesn't watch the poo poo he's on unless a stupid twitter clip is up?

I think at this point it must be to drive twitter mentions or something.

Nov 6, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don't know why everyone is so hard on a dude who started 2 whole games. Every time someone suggests trading Jimmy G to Cleveland, I think of Matt Cassell, who started basically a whole season.

As a Browns fan, I will be forever angry if they give up the farm for Jimmy.

He smelled Tom Brady's jock strap once.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I actually agree with this.

Eh disagree. One is a very limited player who is somewhat damaged goods. The other is possibly capable of playing in a complex, modern NFL offense.

Nov 6, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Pick any QB that will be drafted in this year's draft and you have a player who is possibly capable of playing in an complex, modern NFL offense. Both Kaep and Garoppolo have actually played in games, but Kaep has way more experience, has proven he can actually win football games, and has done so on a team less stacked than Garoppolo.

So they're both basically solid backup QBs for any NFL team, but as a backup, Kaep would be a far better option - just due to his experience - than Garoppolo.

Kaep can win: in a system with a good offensive line, some weapons, a great defense on the other side of the ball and a smart coaching staff that crafts an offense to fit his strength and weaknesses. But any mediocre quarterback would also succeed in that environment. Look at Alex Smith in Kansas City, or on the 49ers in the Harbaugh years. I really think Kaep does not have the skills mentally (can't read a defense) or physically (can't throw touch passes, can't throw deep anymore) to run a complete NFL offense. He's not even a good choice for a backup because you can't just plug him in and run the same offense if your starter goes down.

I'd take a somewhat unknown Garoppolo over Kaep hands down.

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Pats fans never scared to publicly jerk each other off over Matt Cassel Mark III

Do you do anything besides post strawmen?

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Oh, I'm sorry, is it illegal to make fun of this every couple of weeks back-and-forth earnest defense of an outrageous trade for a guy that's played 2 NFL quarters worth of snaps?

No one is earnestly defending trading a bunch of picks for Jimmy G. So I'm not sure who you are talking at when you say we're all jerking each other off. Maybe you're mad at Bill Polian.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 25, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lol, this entire page is in large part Pats fans defending Jimmy G. How he's better than Kaep, better than all of the options available in the draft. In an odd coincidence, almost all of those posts are are from Pats fans, carnale

I mocked the Bill Polian trade suggestion, but said I think he's a better option than Kaep, in a vaccum. Which is hardly outrageous. Kalil (pats fan) disagreed with me, TheChirurgeon basically agreed. Literally no one said he's better than all the options in the draft. Anyway, this is enough posting about posting.

Nov 6, 2002

You guys should stop beating around the bush with these jokes.

Nov 6, 2002

Barnidge is 31 already, dang.

Nov 6, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

Cutler would have owned on the Texans. Glad they have a bad GM.

You have a roster that's playoff ready.

There is an above average veteran QB interested in playing for your team.

Instead you reach for a raw QB prospect.

You are a professional NFL General Manager.

Nov 6, 2002

Volkerball posted:

That's just passer rating though. Look how many 4,000 yard seasons Eli has compared to cutler. Hell, Eli almost cracked 5,000 once. Cutler could never generate offense like that. gently caress his efficiency stats.

Passing yards is a garbage stat.

Nov 6, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They'd be dark horse Superbowl candidates with a good team.

To play devils advocate I can understand a little why they made that decision. The Texans have spent much of their existence getting burned by free agent quarterbacks who turned into pumpkins. Maybe after the latest debacle with Brock and then the failure to sign Romo they felled compelled to draw a line in the sand and draft a quarterback.

Nov 6, 2002

Nov 6, 2002

And not having people who can cover for you on sick days or vacation is the worst. My wife left her current position recently at DHS because of this very problem. Constantly getting screwed out of vacation time is no fun.

Nov 6, 2002

That is like a strategy right out of a Dilbert comic. Sataere is your real name Wally by any chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Volkerball posted:

Sataere got fired from there.

We're still trying to find the key to the thread's mens room. Dude hid it somewhere because it's important.

• Locked thread