Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs signed CJ Spiller.

So uh, that's a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

schweens posted:

If KC is interested I would hope Romo would go there. Couldn't ask for a better coach than Andy of the teams listed. Denver's roster is good but Romo might be a little turned off by them having a rookie head coach.

They may have to pick up a receiver for him to sign. Is Brandon Marshall realistic for the Chiefs?

They have Tyreek Hill and Jeremy Maclin.

That said, I don't want fragile-rear end Tony Romo.

The Chiefs need to draft a QB with the intention of letting him sit behind Alex for a year. If that new QB can actually start this year, then great, but we're not gonna luck into a Dak Prescott situation.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

Enjoy going up against Khalil Mack/Aldon Smith/Bruce Irvin/Dee Ford/Justin Houston/Joey Bosa twice a year

Yeah, the AFC West probably isn't the place for an injury prone old man to play QB.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Berry is going to get tagged unless they sign him in the next two days. Looks like Poe will hit the open market and get overpaid. Good for him.

Our D-Line is still stacked and Poe was a non-factor last year.

I don't believe we'll really target any high dollar free agents, although I could see us grabbing a couple 2-3M a year guys off the scrap heap once the initial rush is over.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Countdown to "seems like a lot more franchise tags this year"

should be much closer than "Man, is it just me or are there way more torn ACLs this year"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

OK so pay berry before the next safety gets 5 for 65

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

who is going to give AP a ridiculous contract, because that's what he's after.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wait, does this drive Jamaal Charles' value down a bit? Stay for less Jamaal!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Romo and AP to the Broncos

you really wanna prove the defense can drag anyone into the playoffs

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Wasn't that disproved this year?

I assume most Broncos fans are also Trumpers, double down on a falsity even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Like believing in Alex Smith :v

I would imagine a lot of Chiefs fans are also Trumpers, yes. Living here can be hell.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I hope the Titans go after Poe to team with Jurrell Casey and then pick up either a FA LB or CB before the draft. Don't see the value there with any of the WR options. Love to see us offer a contract to Berry but it looks likely he'll get tagged.

At the rate beat writers are going, Berry may get signed and Poe may grab the tag. I don't want to keep Poe at what he will cost us, but I hope someone overpays him because he's a pretty good dude.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/836644811973230592

welp, his cap hit is probably less than 5M this year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We knew it was going to happen. I'm hoping they're letting him test the market and bringing him back on the cheap.

Failing that, I hope he gets PAID. (he won't :()

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

One door closes, another opens :unsmith:

That is the only place I'd be happy to see JC that isn't the Chiefs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I hope KC takes a run at Hightower even though he will probably be too expensive, ILB is a wasteland right now

That's what I was thinking, but the space cleared by declining to keep Foles and cutting Charles will be immediately hoovered up by tagging Poe because of course we're going to trip on our dicks in some way.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I agree wholeheartedly.

But that doesn't matter, because hurr he scores touchdowns, please dorsey don't do this.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I mean if Dorsey was going to make decisions based on fan favorites Jamaal Charles would have been extended to lower his cap hit.

I don't think he'd be acting on a fan favorite. He's clearly a coaches favorite too, given his motor and his use at the goal line.

I just don't think he's worth 14M.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

I have no idea who is out there that can replace Derrick Johnson.

Maybe...maybe his Achilles will just heal.

The other one kinda did.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

where will revis play safety next year?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

His talent was on a flight the spun in over the sea of Japan.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Rapaport and Schefter say the Chiefs aren't expected to franchise tag Poe.

Wonder how much he'll command with a new deal wherever he ends up?

Not 14m a year. He needs cash but his back....

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Trumaine Johnson got tagged, now the highest paid corner in the NFL

Give it a couple weeks

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They just read "not that far off" which seems like a bad way to start a paragraph the directly contradicts that sentence.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/838839227328643075

what? how

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Timby posted:

I think it was more "how does a player in this day and age not have an agent?"

he likes to negotiate hilariously bad contracts for himself that are basically one year rentals with an option that won't get picked up because he's a dumb baby who doesn't want to pay an agent.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Who needs a quarterback, or receivers, or a GM who does anything?

:psyduck:

Dan Snyder flew too close to competence last year and his wings have melted.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I mean, the Chiefs are pretty happy with Fisher, but he was in the impossible position of being an OT from a small school being the number 1 pick.

He's got quite the contract now. Glad we at least with him over Joeckel.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

you guys ready for some legal tampering?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

True. Gonna go check some Incarcerated Bob tweets to get my fix!

This account's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @incarceratedbob's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

wtf

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I have identified the missing piece in the Chiefs defense........his last name rhymes with "despite our"

I don't get it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

It's a very bad rhyme with noted MLB prospect Deshone Kizer is all I can come up with.

hm

https://twitter.com/MarcSesslerNFL/status/839187123169210368

uhhhhh

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Dont'a Hightower would be a great fit in KC. Having a ILB that can blitz effectively will give Sutton another tool to work with

man how do you pronounce hour

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

What are you a dirty Jayhawk? :argh:

It's either Jayhawks or Bushwhackers.

I had to march in uniform in Bushwhacker days parades, before I knew what they were.

holy poo poo that was messed up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

e:^^^ Yakov is actually a relationship counselor/speaker as well who would come and give serious talks about taking care of yourself and your relationship to the military. So yeah, his schtick is hacky, but he's a legit cool dude.

Grittybeard posted:

I have, or rather had, family in Nevada (that's Ne-VA-duh) Missouri. I need to ask them how long this has been a thing and if they've attended.

e: They're the side of the family who swear we're related to Jesse James and are incredibly proud about it

I'm sure I've met your family (and probably hate them)

kiimo posted:

I can't tell if this reminds me more of Branson or Silver Dollar City

edit:

I recently drove through Versailles, MO. (that's Ver-sails)
When I lived in Jefferson City, the locals told me that pronouncing it the correct way (rather than Ver-sails) was how they know you "ain't from around here."

You guys heard of El Dorado Springs?

Hint, they don't say that correctly either.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

I'm sure Yakov is a great guy I'm just saying he ain't no Shoji Tabuchi, or like my grandpa used to say, the best jap fiddler you ever seen.

fuckin branson man.

I went to Silver Dollar City 12 times one summer. My parents were determined to make those season tickets worth it.

I loving hate Branson, and I didn't appreciate that period in US History enough to give a poo poo about Silver Dollar City when I was that age.

For content, I'm trying to figure out who the Chiefs could splash sign. I mean, who knows what happens in the next couple days. A Maclin/Colquitt restructure? Cut?

Hightower? A cheaper version of Maclin's production?

A NT?

I dunno.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dang. That's a good deal.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cairo Santos got an original round tender.

Dan Sorensen got a 2nd round tender.

Albert Wilson gets nothing.

um how can Marshall do this:

https://twitter.com/BMarshall/status/839504794293309442

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rapsheet thinks that the signing of Hoyer means they won't trade for Cousins.

Uh....why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think Mike Silver said if he was betting that he'd bet on Cousins to the Niners. Nothing 100%.

I think that he also had the caveat eventually, meaning that even next year would count.

Pretty broad.

• Locked thread