Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Brandon Marshall and Mike Evans sounds p cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know a guy that's such a Bills super fan that you can't tell him that anyone on the Bills did anything wrong. A bills player could have a murder sacrifice on the field during warmups and he'd try to explain it away.

He RAILED against Kaep. I would love to Kaep to go to Buffalo and continue to kneel just so I could see the mental gymnastics this guy goes through to walk back what he's said and explain away what Kaep is doing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Has it been mentioned that Josh Gordon filed for reinstatement on March 1st? If it's approved, I'm guessing the Browns just release him, but I wonder how many teams would take a shot at him on a "prove it" deal.

quote:

"Josh is living with me and is in the best place mentally that he has been in dating back years before entering the NFL," Michael Johnson said. "He has taken the proper steps to treat his issues and has followed a very strict protocol that the league and our team here has laid out for him.

:siren:"He's also in the best shape of his life:siren: and feels even better than he did when he had his breakout year in 2013. This will be a special year for Josh and we are all very proud of the way he has taken the necessary steps to turn his life around."

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 3, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs. But I think the Bucs should sign every available WR.

Same page

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Michael Corleone posted:

No hot tweets, but here are his 'rumors':

http://ibnsportswrap.com/nflRumors.php

Draft Outlook: Looks like Tampa Bay is all over (RB) Christian McCaffrey at #19 overall, outside chance (RB) Dalvin Cook slips and Bucs would have choice between the two.. Reuniting Cook & Winston seems interesting to say the least. Wild Card Selection : (WR) John Ross has Bucs scouts very interested.. imagine DJax with Ross & Evans

FA Focus: DeSean Jackson to Buccaneers (WR) could be wrapped up pretty fast once FA starts, both parties like the idea of teaming up, now just need to agree on term and $$$ :: Some interest in Adrian Peterson (RB) still no word on how serious TB will get with AP's camp. Another need is (DL) Calais Campbell is one target ' Chris Baker will also get look

gently caress that to like...all of it except Campbell and DeSean.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

First I've heard of us linked to McCaffrey. I'd be down with Cook but I'm a homer.

I think it's more that I don't want to spend a 1st round pick on a RB that's not a generational talent. I'd rather spend it on the defense or OL and get Kamara or someone in the 2nd.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I'd be shocked if they took OL before the fifth. They seem happy with what the have.

I'm fine with any D besides LB or TE/WR.

Eh you can never have too many OL, but yeah maybe I'm thinking too much about taking one in the 1st. Either way spend it on D in the first and wait on RB for later rounds.

Also please don't sign Peterson like NFL network seems to want to happen so bad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Underhis current contract Tony Romo would be the highest paid player in the NFL next seasom

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I will never stop laughing at you dill weeds if Glennon ends up being good

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iodised QQ posted:

A guy called into Mike Francesa today asking about guys like DJ Fluker and Chance Warmack as possible helpful additions to the Giants or Jets offensive line.

Francesa cut him off and said that those players don't exist and are probably just names of the caller's friends.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/status/839573562939826176/video/1

How do I get into sports radio?

This guy says, in the same breath, that he doesn't recognize the names and that the caller made them up and then also says he couldn't understand what the names were. So which was it? And why didn't he ask the guy to repeat the names?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Krispy Kremepie posted:

Excuse me, have the Buccaneers of Tampa Bay made any moves or are linked to any?

Only thing that really has any steam is them being interested in DeSean Jackson, nothing of substance has come of it though.

And I guess the Glennon stuff if you even really want to count that but I wouldn't.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got curious about the Glennon numbers and started thinking about what they really meant.

The Salary cap for 2017 is $167 million. I'm going to round up Glennon's 2017 salary to $15million and forget about the other two years because math is hard.

Glennon's salary in 2017 is only just below 9% of the total cap.

To compare:

Andrew Luck is just over 14% of the Colt's cap. ($9 million/year difference)
Aaron Rodgers is 13% ($7 million/year difference)
Matt Ryan is 14% (9 million/year difference)

Brady has that weird deal with the Pats so I didn't do him.

Ultimately the point is that at the face of it, yeah the $15/year sounds like a lot but it's really not. 5-6 years ago it would have been but with the increases to salary cap and teams ability to spend more money, this is what's going to continue happening with unproven guy like Glennon.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
DJax and Evans make me feel funny in my special place.

Now if only the Bucs could find a RB...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

What happened to muscle hamster?

I honestly forgot about him, he was such a non-factor this year between his injury and suspension. He's also suspended for first 3 games of next season.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Compared to what? heh

Mike Glennon

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Imagine thinking Glennon was your savior lol holy poo poo

Cutler is a god compared to him.

where has anyone said this?

I'm sure there's some Bears fans somewhere trying to justify it but I've only seen this as a "we're moving on from Cutler and this is probably the best we can do right now" move.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
DJax gettin' paid

$12m/year

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know when the Hard Knocks team gets announced? I read through a couple articles but they all seem to be about potential teams, not when we should know.

Would love to see the Bucs on there for selfish reasons

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
According to several reliable sources the Bucs won Free Agency so watch out fuckers

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Excuse me sirs but the very reputable and always correct news outlet ESPN says that the Bucs won

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/16499/bucs-9-7-season-helping-them-become-winners-in-free-agency

Says it right there in the link - "winners in free agency" - I don't even need to read the article. That's so helpful.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

Bucs raped free agency like Jameis raped that lady.

According to the posts in this thread they only allegedly raped free agency.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When was the last time a high profile player for player trade was made? Like no picks or anything, just straight up player for player

e: found this list while googling and it doesn't give the answer but how the hell is the Ricky Williams trade not on this list?

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000336962

Which led me to this article, that really outlines how hosed up that trade actually was:

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/4/17/5623840/nfl-draft-saints-ricky-williams-mike-ditka-trade

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 16, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Imagine Sanchez winning the job and Glennon having to ride the bench again after thinking he was going to be the starter.

Poor guy

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He didnt go to college, he's just really good at NBA Jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The joke is you're a janitor. Good self burn. You're not even a main janitor. You're the guy that cleans the trash out but has to have a superior come unlock the bin for you.

• Locked thread