Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets are better off with Glennon than Cutler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cap hit of $9m and 0 dead money for a center that didn't see much of a dropoff when his backup was playing this year. Pretty much expected. Great Jet.

Probably has a couple years of above-average play left if he stays healthy.

I liked Nick a whole lot better before he started showing up at Trump rallies... He was a great Jet though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

I think the Jets are truly dumb enough to think Hack is the guy and it's gonna go just as we all expect.

#suckforsam

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hackenberg must have *some* tangible positives that got him drafted, what are they?

He's a big, tall kid who throws a nice deep ball in shorts and a T Shirt.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Hey he looked pretty promising his freshman year!

Then, uh, the other years happened.

He really wasn't even very good that year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If Cousins plays out the year on the franchise tag he's an unrestricted FA next year, correct?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

He's good enough that he SHOULD be picked up, but I'm not sure that anyone will.
I was just about to post this. If he's not picked up, it's 100% political.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/837038312875515906

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

why even bother living

I'd take him in rebuild year. Then they are go all out for Darnold or Cousins next year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

If you want Darnold just roll with the unholy combo of Hack and Petty in order to get us as close to #1 as possible.

I'm semi on-board with this plan.

I am too but they won't do that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Why are the Saints trading their best playmaker?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This won't end well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Why is this funny? The Jets are rebuilding and they have a bunch of young WR's they want to play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

The only way this works is if Bowles and Macc are given the time to actually rebuild. I have no problem with any of these releases or the impending Sheldon trade.

If they fire them after going 4-12 next year then they're clowns.

They should fire them for winning anything more than 2 games.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

schweens posted:

Came across these looking for news on Tyrod because I saw a report earlier that the Bills were leaning towards cutting him

https://twitter.com/LateRoundQB/status/837686191512293377
https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/837693108469006339

The Jets should be all over him, man

I don't really agree. He's fine but he isn't going to be a franchise cornerstone for the next 5 years. I'd rather the Jets tear it all down and not give him multiple years and a big guarantee.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Tyrod Taylor is a franchise QB.

How do you want to define that?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

That with an average team around him, he's good enough to get you in the playoff mix, and that with a good team around him, he's good enough to win a Super Bowl.

I think that is like one notch above what he is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a patagonian cavy posted:

he's joe flacco with worse coaching and supporting cast and before the Flacco hot streak. tyrod taylor is elite

I think I'd rather have Flacco but he's not much worse. I can agree with that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

mike glennon looked awful when he played.

His numbers are fine. I'd give him a high money short on guarantees front loaded deal and give him a year to see what he is. I'm not committing to him long term though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

My guess is that contracts that are offering Glennon $14-15m "per season", if they exist, are effectively for one season with no guarantees beyond that.

I'd give him that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

No one is paying Revis more than 6M this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I prefer the Jets start Petty/Hack than give Tyrod Taylor big money.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kalli posted:

Yeah, tender costs are:

1st = $4m
2nd = $2.75m
Original round = $1.75m

If you think he might be snatched the difference between a 2nd and a 5th is worth more then $1m unless you're slammed up against the cap.

He's worth $2.75M.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Washington football franchise are a bunch of morons.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's not impossible that Glennon could make a lot of people in this thread look foolish.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets, the lovely loving Giants' farm team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Fair point, but it would be nice to see 1-2 decent-sized names actually sign with the team this offseason.

Our luck has to run out eventually with the whole "sign the scrub squad and hope one of them works out" scheme.

LOL @ Luck. It's not luck pal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

I want to make a joke about how Marshall will be a positive influence on ODBJ's temperament, but Marshall hasn't gotten in trouble since his Denver days, right?

No, he just misses the playoffs every year which hopefully will continue.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Because pinning the Jets missing the playoffs on Marshall totally makes sense lol.

Actually they were a dropped TD by him away from making the playoffs in 2015.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Do you mean the Buffalo game where Fitzpatrick threw 3 picks and had a passer rating of like 43, and Marshall had 126 yards and a touchdown?

If he doesn't drop a TD it's a completely different game and the Jets probably win easily and don't have to throw the ball so much trying to come back in the 4th quarter. He was terrific for the Jets that season but that drop did in fact, happen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, being down by 2 whole points at the end of the 3rd really forces you to abandon the run, I'm sure.

Yeah, that's still hilarious. :laugh:

They should've been up 5.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

Imagine how much the 49ers are going to pay Cousins lol

If you can get an actual QB, it doesn't matter what you pay him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets and Niners in the Hoyer sweepstakes. :toot:

The Jets are going to be completely unwatchable this season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is no way Cousins is getting moved without a 1st changing hands.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would trade two 1sts including 6 overall for Cousins. I wouldn't even bat an eye we're so desperate.

If that offer is real, the Jets 2 this year and 1 next year can probably land him. Thats a no loving brainer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Interesting. I'll take an actual edge rusher for once.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/839544406101409797

Not bad. He's on the upswing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Oh my god those idiots are really going to do it

https://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/839546696174567425

Better there than here.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

With Tyrod off the market I'm back to the Watson or tanking with Hack options.

Watson would be a complete and utter disaster. They should be in full tank mode now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It would be SOOOO Jet like to go like 3-13 and get the No 3 pick in a 2 QB draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Tyrod is basically a less wealthy Kirk Cousins with Stockholm syndrome.

https://twitter.com/JaySkurski/status/839563764420718592

This isn't true. Cousins is much better.

• Locked thread