Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Charles Robinson's Twitter has some good info on what some guys are expected to get if you're into that kind of thing. Says Pryor might get as much as Alshon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Charles Robinson's Twitter has some good info on what some guys are expected to get if you're into that kind of thing. Says Pryor might get as much as Alshon.

no wonder he refused to sign with the browns, jesus

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's a ton of money and not that many free agents worth a drat, so I can understand money being ridiculous.

That said, I refuse to believe any Mike Glennon rumors because come the gently caress on, he lost a QB competition to Josh McCown.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

That said, I refuse to believe any Mike Glennon rumors because come the gently caress on, he lost a QB competition to Josh McCown.

Counterpoint: Lovie Smith

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

There's a ton of money and not that many free agents worth a drat, so I can understand money being ridiculous.

Bears McCown may have been the best stretch of quarterbacking this lousy team has had.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Counterpoint: Lovie Smith

don't bust on Lovie, the man who is about to hitch the Fighting Illini to the comet of one Jeff George Jr.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Bears really shouldn't have fired Lovie after that 10-6 season. It hosed up both the Bears and Lovie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
mike glennon looked awful when he played.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears McCown may have been the best stretch of quarterbacking this lousy team has had.
When you have peak Forte in the backfield plus Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey to huck the ball to...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

At this price, the Bears would unironically be better off keeping Cutler for another season

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Josh. McCown is neck and shoulders better than Mike Glennon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Still better than Osweiler

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Apparently the Eagles are open to trading Chase Daniels......

....and Jordan Matthews 😳

Which, I could see a scenario where they peg Jordan Matthews as not as productive as they would hope. But he's also on his rookie deal and has almost hit 1,000 yards in a couple of seasons in an offense that he is the ONLY WR capable of anything. Albeit in the slot.

Unless the Eagles plan on installing some good vet in the slot, I dunno....but Matthews is gonna command a large contract next year around $10-$12 million probably.

I dunno.

89 fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 6, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Still better than Osweiler

Man, even Jared Goff is better than Osweiler.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

mike glennon looked awful when he played.

His numbers are fine. I'd give him a high money short on guarantees front loaded deal and give him a year to see what he is. I'm not committing to him long term though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

don't bust on Lovie, the man who is about to hitch the Fighting Illini to the comet of one Jeff George Jr.

sounds like someone's upset about losing the hat in perpetuity

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs resigned William Gholston which is a very smart move.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

My guess is that contracts that are offering Glennon $14-15m "per season", if they exist, are effectively for one season with no guarantees beyond that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

My guess is that contracts that are offering Glennon $14-15m "per season", if they exist, are effectively for one season with no guarantees beyond that.

I'd give him that.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
who is the last receiver as good as jeffrey to hit the open market under age 30?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

who is the last receiver as good as jeffrey to hit the open market under age 30?

Maybe Vincent Jackson?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah Jackson's probably the closest recently. I don't believe he's anywhere near the player Jeffery at his best could be but Jeremy Maclin was coming off a 1300 yard year when he went to FA if we're just looking at stats (although that was easily the best year he ever had).

Without the benefit of hindsight maybe Mike Wallace :v: It sounds dumb now but he was considered a big get at the time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

everyone blamed Tannehill for Mike Wallace's decline well who's laughing now

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

89 posted:

Which, I could see a scenario where they peg Jordan Matthews as not as productive as they would hope. But he's also on his rookie deal and has almost hit 1,000 yards in a couple of seasons in an offense that he is the ONLY WR capable of anything. Albeit in the slot.

Unless the Eagles plan on installing some good vet in the slot, I dunno....but Matthews is gonna command a large contract next year around $10-$12 million probably.

I dunno.

I don't like the idea of trading Matthews, he's the best receiver they have and seems to have been building a good rapport with Carson.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah Jackson's probably the closest recently. I don't believe he's anywhere near the player Jeffery at his best could be but Jeremy Maclin was coming off a 1300 yard year when he went to FA if we're just looking at stats (although that was easily the best year he ever had).

Without the benefit of hindsight maybe Mike Wallace :v: It sounds dumb now but he was considered a big get at the time.

Yeah, those two would definitely qualify as well. Could also probably add DeSean Jackson, though technically he wasn't that highly thought of when the Eagles cut him for being a gang banger.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

89 posted:

I dunno.

this is really dumb

Matthews is being misused as a #1 when he's not

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mastershakeman posted:

Pryor a bunch of times

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

everyone blamed Tannehill for Mike Wallace's decline well who's laughing now

You mean the Mike Wallace who just had over 1,000 yards in Baltimore last season?

Or :thejoke: ?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Volkerball posted:

Pryor a bunch of times

At least he finally is going to get a payday.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flikken posted:

At least he finally is going to get a payday.

Good, he was running out of memorabilia to sell

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If the Browns don't resign Pryor that would send the absolute opposite message to a team trying to rebuild by keeping good players.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

You mean the Mike Wallace who just had over 1,000 yards in Baltimore last season?

Or :thejoke: ?

His Baltimore stats are similar to his Miami stats. He's the same guy.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
When was the last time a team let a young, healthy, rising potential-franchise-QB hit free agency? Just wondering how unique this Redskins gently caress up is

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bigass Moth posted:

If the Browns don't resign Pryor that would send the absolute opposite message to a team trying to rebuild by keeping good players.

This is driving me nuts, like sure I don't think he's worth tag money but drat, pay him to stay. He can't be asking for an Antonio Brown contract right? Right?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He wants to test the market and see if anyone wants to put him in at qb

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

When was the last time a team let a young, healthy, rising potential-franchise-QB hit free agency? Just wondering how unique this Redskins gently caress up is

I literally can't think of one. Brees wasn't healthy and had been replaced. Even after researching it I'm not sure there are any others - every other moderately successful QB signed in free agency I can find wasn't really wanted by the previous team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

evilweasel posted:

I literally can't think of one. Brees wasn't healthy and had been replaced. Even after researching it I'm not sure there are any others - every other moderately successful QB signed in free agency I can find wasn't really wanted by the previous team.

Tyrod Taylor is about as good as it gets if you include young and healthy there recently, although he was completely unproven so might not count for the question.

I swear there was a searchable site for historical free agent signings but I can't find it right now. Spotrac is ok but only goes back a few years.

e: If you want to go way the gently caress back Len Dawson was traded then cut before signing with the Chiefs, but that's another case of him being completely unproven at the time. I'm sure there are plenty of guys like that, especially early on. But an actually highly productive player under 30 with no physical problems I'm drawing a blank on.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 6, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

His Baltimore stats are similar to his Miami stats. He's the same guy.

He didn't sniff 500 yards last season amd his production dropped every year in Miami.

Also his catch rate noticeably increased in Baltimore.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Vinny Testaverde is the best I can think of. He was on the upswing and Tampa let him walk after his first contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sean10mm posted:

He didn't sniff 500 yards last season amd his production dropped every year in Miami.

Also his catch rate noticeably increased in Baltimore.

Uh no it didn't lol he went from 4 to 10 TDs in year 2

• Locked thread