Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

like i can understand people voting for him because hillary just refused to acknowledge half the country. what i will never get is anyone that thinks he's some sort of strongman and not just a thin skinned bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I watched the whole thing and I'm not nearly high enough for this

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Why is this place called the suck zone now?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

deadgoon posted:

i keyed a college student's car, under the assumption that they did not vote straight-R

sorry if u were a college republican, whoever u are

Keying someone's car is like one standard deviation away from inviting them over to gently caress your SO while you watch from the closet

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Squizzle posted:

be the suck you want to see in yr zone

I am become suck

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Squizzle posted:

for all his badness as a potus gwb was a fan of Obama from back as far as the 08 campaign and ive always found that charming

idk i feel like gwb was one of our worst presidents but ive found him weirdly disarming as a person, its a personal problem i have

That's kind of Bush's shtick tbh

He's a total motherfucker and was dancing on strings for a literal heartless ghoul but he's definitely someone you could have a beer with

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

murked by dragon posted:

how is this guy's seizure lawsuit going?

Iirc he needed actual proof that he had epilepsy and afaik being afflicted with "Massive loving Dork" syndrome isn't good enough in a court of law

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

trump doesn't even have that :sad:

I spent this morning trying to figure out literally any way to connect with trump and like him but he can't even eat a steak right. The only way you can empathize with the dude is if you're just as toxic, miserable, and hateful as he is. Like I bitterly disagree with then, but I can at least have a tiny ounce of respect for at least one thing people like Kasich, Graham, and McCain have done.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Phi230 posted:

What went wrong to allow our nation to have complete choads be so influential

Eichenwald being influential and not just low hanging fruit for hot takes is a little much

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

sociopathy's long been an anglo-saxon protestant virtue ever since their kind invaded plymouth rock

I mean granted but God drat there's not a single redeeming thing about him

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

I'm not looking forward to the knock down drag out against Cuomo in 2020 ergh

It's definitely going to be Booker. What the hell soapbox are they going to stand on if their candidate is a white male?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Th....they liked Obama... right? - a profusely sweating Tom Perez in 2019

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I'm looking forward tomorrow to:

- Conservatives whining about liberals not being polite to trump
- liberals being polite anyways because they ~respect the office~
- more squizzle posts

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Solarin posted:

there's basically nothing a democrat can do that would be out of bounds as far as I'm concerned. To bad they have no idea how to properly bully people

Idk if most of the democrats in congress being loving dorks is because the centrist hackery the dems are comfortable with only attracts spineless needledicks or because the people that reliably vote dem just want an extension of their incredibly boring selves in positions of power

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nichael posted:

I think what's important is this. On the off chance Democrats get their poo poo together, and get a genuinely funny, bully-candidate for 2020, you're going to see about eight billion lovely think pieces from Salon or Vox or whatever saying "Why it's important not to sink to their level!" It is absolutely crucial that the left, as a whole, ignore these completely. The Democratic platform of 2020 should literally just be "suck it donny, you putin-cucked peeboy"

We cant even get a consensus on punching people who think the Holocaust is a good idea and you think liberals are going to tolerate someone who makes a SWEAR at the PRESIDENT???

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Slamhound posted:

The only democrat who could be relied upon to be as big a dick as the republicans, emailed that dick to a constituent, then got canned, then sexted with a 15 year old and was one of the many straws that broke abuela's back.

That's kind of implying the republicans have dicks. They're spending most of their time running from geriatrics in town halls and getting dunked on by 5 year olds.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nichael posted:

this poo poo's so easy to do and it's hilarious that dc as a whole hasn't realized this is who we are and what we want. decorum, substance, policy, discussion are all dead. the candidate needs to make america laugh first and foremost, preferably by being an rear end in a top hat. what's amazing is, it's really easy to out-rear end in a top hat donny because he's a delicate hothouse orchid

"oh nooooo! the effeminate daddy's boy billionaire is simply too tough for my liking!" -- dc establishment

I mean as soon as we toss politeness out the window we'll probably be asking ourselves why we need a bunch of polite dorks that don't actually stand for anything and then the dems reap the whirlwind that they managed to delay with Obamas once-in-a-lifetime charisma

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Ramadu posted:

what is this real

30% of america cant vote lmaoooooooo

Minors + felons + poors checks out

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

euphronius posted:

He hasn't been to NYC since his wife left him

I almost feel bad for her considering she's pretty much trapped in trump tower except for when trump needs a photo op

Emphasis on almost

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Also all of this pining for "OBAMA DID A BAD THING" is definitely coming back as soon as a D is in office. You expect Trumpsters to gain some kind of self awareness or something?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

It's gonna be p hilarious when Ryan feels comfortable enough to try and sneak in some of his randian garbage literally nobody wants and trump drops him like a hot rock

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Just to confirm, Trump can badmouth Obama all he wants at basically no penalty to anything he cares about right?

Trumps already pissed off literally everyone that Blame Obama doesn't work on

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Just had my first coffee (with milk) for day crew and I'm currently thinking about how absolutely comical things will be in Washington for the lame duck session if the dream scenario happens (trump is spiked into the ground by a firebrand progressive and a dem party harnessed by the dirtbag left)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

on another subject, is there any reason why journalists and their associated media outlets haven't begun boycotting spiceys conferences? just don't even bother trying and just make him completely illegitimate in a brietbart echo chamber... It's not like anything of value will be missed.

~*access*~

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Gringostar posted:

:laffo:

holy poo poo are you loving dumb

either that or he's trolling

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

lmao at the anime nazi trying to look tough.

tbh if i didn't know anything about 4chan i'd be pretty worried about getting death threats from 4channers

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Anyone else see him look at the one black dude for half a second and immediately walk away

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

There is only one sex and that sex is TRUMP!!!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Manchin is the only democrat that was applauding

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:lol: morning joes goofy rear end

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

triple sulk posted:

i hope none of the dems clap all night

Manchin's clapping whenever he can

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Cruz has been stress eating

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Winkie01 posted:

Good on the dems for having a guy no one gives a poo poo about instead of ruining someone's career like Rubio and uhhh...jindal I think?

it ruined jindal's purely because it made people actually pay attention to who he was and what he had to say

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

Beshear is wayyyyy too polished. They should've put someone that rebutted with facts, but was ANGRY and occasionally off script.

This is like, the worst response they could have given. I'm from Kentucky, and I like Beshear well enough, but who is this meant to appeal to?

liberals who are currently terrified that the left is knocking on the door and want their party back, probably

(i didn't watch the rebuttal)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Squizzle posted:

GORILLAS DID YOU SEE THE PICTURE

i did :kimchi:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Agrajag posted:

i like this is literally the DNC's strat. we need the white rural coal miners!

its par for the course since the DNC is almost entirely a boutique identity politics party. they don't know how to do anything else

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

no one cares about the response you morons

i haven't had my daily BAD DEM rant yet today, i would like the floor

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

the floor is granted, Mr. Gorilla.

the dems are going to, once again, joust meaninglessly after a demographic without even considering that they want anything more than empty platitudes. i swear to god there's going to be a yokel version of the fight song without understanding they could have both the yahoos and the woke coalition if they actually fought for things like higher wages and better social programs. futhermore, i

*falls through trap door to dem thread*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Montasque posted:

My big take away from the Dem response to Trump was that they are a party of olds.

I know the Republicans had goof balls give the responses to Obama, but at least they used it as a platform to test out their younger bench.

its literally what happened during the election in reverse. they're going to spend most of their time chasing after white rurals and just assume that they have urban voters on lock because what are they going to do... vote for trump?

• Locked thread