Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

Spices on the way out:

how many times have we said this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/864560092787736577

hail satan

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Trump is going to throw Pence under the bus next isnt he

that would be infinitely more stupid than anything else he could do right now

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

:confused:

What the gently caress 'Progressives' have you been talking to?

the cspam trump thread i guess

lol we're reading this thread all the time, that sucks

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

"aw shuckabee" *injects cheese foam into white matter*

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it kind of helps that a number of people who post in this thread work in government or are similarly associated :ninja:

I am the shadowman, creeping in the digital darkness when the sunlight of truth has blinkered out.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

etalian posted:

It's really bizarre how weirdos like Greenwald are so fixated on USA is bad rhetoric they don't seem to realize that Russia is also bad.

Congratulations! You have walked through the front door of the tankie conundrum! This poo poo is the loving worst!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

trump promises to fix healthcare by making housecalls every week and televising it nationally

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

quick someone go work in the white house and get sessions fired, this is the perfect opportunity to save america

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Oh sure, words lawyering.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Dolash posted:

I think the Comey and Russian Intel Leak stories both have the weakness that the President is technically allowed to do both of those things even if the worst interpretation is true. Trump is free to declassify anything even if his reason is "I feel like impressing some Russian ambassador" and he's free to fire the FBI director at any time even if his stated reason is to stop an investigation into himself. He's basically said as much already about both stories so I don't know why we're even still going through the motions of investigation with memos and testimony to confirm what Trump says freely in an interview, those are actions for an administration in denial which this is not.

The problem is that the check or balance that's supposed to discourage a President from doing these things even if they technically can is purely whether Congress will move on them, which they won't, because they don't care compared to getting a big fat tax cut. They barely need any cover at all, they can just keep saying it's "troubling" and endure the national humiliation because their voters are locked in and they're going to make so much money that it doesn't matter what polite society thinks of them. There is no endgame, no meaningful leverage against a united Republican government and no way to break that unity regardless of what Trump does.

They're basically just national entertainment at this point, a spectacle that shows every day how hollow the institutions and structures of American government are by not actually leading to any action. Our tolerance has gotten so high that what should be an administration-destroying scandal of incompetence will die down after 24 hours, because we're inured.

sir this is a bank, rob us or leave

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

anyway, what the hell is this

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/864623878492098561

the mind of a senator

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh god damnit please don't let Sessions/Pence escape conviction

Bear in mind, there's still that earlier point about Sessions/Rosenstein and the Comey memo.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

TwoStepBoog posted:

lol there's a huge storm going through omaha and it's about to hit my house
don't know if a tornado touched down, but it's crazy windy and hail
WISH ME LUCK GUYS

godspeed goonmeister

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

bizarrely correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

nuts to this i'm going to sleep. please don't wake me if the bombs drop!

• Locked thread