Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Former Everything posted:

lol, there are two groups of people

1. those who have always known that; and
2. those who immerse themselves in RWM and not only do not know that now but will never know that

the outspoken passion you are seeing across the country is not repubs suddenly becoming informed, lol
It's still crazy that this passion didn't exist in November.

Solarin posted:

1) tell people their hatred and fear are very good and patriotic
2) lie to everyone at all times
aim their hatred and fear at the right places

Internet Webguy posted:

*watches an inspector gadget cartoon*

"we could benefit a lot by adopting that guy's strategy"
i mean, that dude's awesome so no poo poo

eonwe posted:

i never heard her give a good answer on the coal thing and I was reading about stuff every day

so at least I would have liked to hear what she had to say more about this. like really drive it home
I honestly can't remember specifics anymore. I just know that Sanders and Clinton both gave decent answers on tons of subjects when pressed. They got no coverage because of the aforementioned bings and bongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

i think its an open question what happens when donald trump emphatically does not bring back the coal jobs and it in fact gets even worse

probably they just vote republican and blame people of color but who knows

I mean, you answered yourself. Donald will blame the Democrats, brown people, and cucked Republicans (Lindsey! :ohdear:). He'll then win in 2020. And 2024. And 2028.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

and will be succeeded by Kushner, first of his line, to lead us to the great era of Shadowrun where-in we all get eaten by bug spirits
Nah, Eric Trump 2032 :swoon:

Gringostar posted:

if a democrat/progressive lies there will be a million news stories attacking them about it

if a republican/fascist lies right wing media won't touch it
Democrats are held to much higher standards than Republicans (likewise, minority or female candidates are again held to even more standards). I think the best way to deal with this is to reject the social contract that those standards matter, like Donald does.

jBrereton posted:

weird that if one side prides itself on being the educated and honourable side it is held to a different standard when it goes off the rails

lol please

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Solarin posted:

actually a very good point. I think if a new labor movement on the left is going to gain power it has to focus and rally around already widespread hatred of big international business, corrupt politicians and media controlled by wealthy business interests.

this is all poo poo that people of all political beliefs hate deeply but get wedged apart by the culture war/immigration/islamophobia poo poo

Right. Hate is a really great way to get people to vote, and it's only unethical to exploit it if the targets don't deserve it (such as hated towards minorities, homosexuals, and the poor). Aiming it towards actually terrible politicians, the profit-driven media, and the 1% is pretty copacetic.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

<---- page 1 post haver

<---- page 100 post haver

:same:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

I can't

I'm depressed and we're doomed

:yeah:

but cheer up and go run for something. C-SPAM the gently caress out of DC

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Stop infantalizing them. The single issue coal voters made their bed and now they can sleep in it. Turf out the morons like McConnell whose 30 year tenure in KY has overseen the death of coal and half the state.

Pity the kids who grow up drinking poison and can't escape ASAP, but not the people who did that to them

I'm not infantalizing them, and I do not believe you can reach the vast majority of them. However, I do firmly believe that mental mindsets they are stuck in are not products of their own deficiencies, they're products of a hosed up and broken society. They are ultimately victims too, it's just hard to get them to help you in helping them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lol kill me

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

robot roll call posted:

voted in a local primary for state superintendent

I was voter number 69
woah nice dude

triple sulk posted:

I still want to die
existence isn't worth giving up on yet

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm glad Ken Bone has completely outed himself as human garbage so there's no lingering doubt,

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

if we can all keep one pet Republican who is exempt from the social consequences of collaborating with nazis, I choose kelsey grammar as mine

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

It's almost time for a picture from that dumb pizza place that makes avant garde pizzas

like, a large cheese with an air drowning trout tied to it

a large cheese with an air drowning naked kelsey grammer on top

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

beautiful human submarine

is donald a beautiful human submarine?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Feminasty Slut posted:

Nasa gonna drop the aliens on us today!

I'mma gently caress me a Turian

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

I wonder what reptilian vagina feels like. I'm guessing lots of lube required?

Doesn't Mordin go into a lot of detail on just that?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

Salarians are amphibians I thought

Yeah but Mordin gives a sex-ed talk on your relationship. Admittedly it's between Garrus and Shepard, so it's not a female Turian but still. Andromeda has a female Turian romance so I guess we'll find out the mechanics :chloe:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

euphronius posted:

Mass effect sex is awesome 👏

Dragon Age sex better

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm the guy who replies saying Trump making a mother of a dead veteran cry, and calling prisoner of war McCain a pussy, is somehow better than BENGHAZI CLINTON

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

you're not baloogan!

*laughtrack, sitcom jingle, credits roll*

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ex post facho posted:

when trump is impeached ill bet he tries to orddr the militaru to keep him jn office

Donny will not be impeached.

He will be a terrible president (for eight to sixteen years). He will be remembered fondly by the Republicans for being Reagan-esque. He will act as the Great Filter on the species.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

didn't you see the painting? jesus guides donny's (tiny) hand when he signs legislation!!!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FrensaGeran posted:

The Fermi Paradox has a solution, and his name is Trump

Every species gets a Trump and if we survive this it's smooth sailing till the protons decay

I'm not joking, I sincerely believe this. If a civilization can overcome Trump-type organisms (which I imagine are somewhat inevitable due to the constraints of evolution), it can probably overcome a lot more in the spirit of cooperation, empathy, and mutual benefits for all parties. We could not overcome our Trump. We're kind of hosed.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gringostar posted:

trump is president, we're going to die as a species without ever setting foot on another planet. eat arby's

Low-energy species humans failed big league. Never got to another planet. TOTAL WASTE. Sad!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

I pretty much agree. I've come to the feeling lately that what really hosed our country was making states into what they are.

Originally we had 13 states, and the concerns about small population vs large population were differences of about 50,000 on average vs 250,000 on average. Two senators kind of makes sense in that instance considering there's not a major difference, but now we have a state like Wyoming which is just loving barely over 500,000 being represented equally in the senate with a state like California that has 40,000,000 people.

Maybe we still want to keep two senators, but why the gently caress is Wyoming not a territory and Puerto Rico is not a state? Why are any of the Big Sky country states actually states? There are about 4.5 million people living in Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wyoming, and they get 5x the control over our government that California does. California gets more representatives, but the Senate has the unique power to grind democracy to a halt through filibusters and has kept us from truly progressing past the dark era of supply side economics for 30 years.

In conclusion, basically revert those states to one big territory called Big Sky territory (relax the laws a little bit, they'll fuckin love it!), give Puerto Rico its statehood, and let Louisville secede from Kentucky while we're at it.

I think if we come out of the Escalator Era (and I am very skeptical that we do), we need not just a progressive government, but a complete overhaul of our governmental structure. The Constitution should be re-written because, ultimately, it's a multi-century old document written by dead slave-holders. Much of it should be kept, but many things should be revised to bring it into modernity.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Spicey is my favorite MAGAman and if I could give anyone of them immunity for their terrible crimes against the species, it'd be him :3:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

did nasa make contact with the turians or the asari???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

Remember 15 years ago when he was told a day into the Trump administration to just yell at the press and utterly lie about the crowd size?

that's our spicey!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I fully expect Donald to be the (illegitimate) president who makes first contact, to further crush Clinton's dreams.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

NASA news is: Spitzer has found 7 Earth-sized planets around Trappist! (3 are in habitable zones!)

woah that's actually pretty loving nuts. If it can't be aliens, that's a good second

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agean90 posted:

so is o&r being Milo still a thing because I'm coming around to that theory

He is 100% Milo.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Truly touching. Donald is a man of the people who feels our pain, past and present.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wow! Google's recognition algorithm is coming along nicely.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Listen he said it was bad, what the gently caress else do you want from the man!?
Look, I know it might be a controversial opinion, and MAYBE the so-called PC Police doesn't want me to say this. But I am, because you can't hold me back-don't even try! I'm a wild card and I'll say whatever I feel like. I am going on the record now. You can quote me. I'm coming out and confirming that "slavery bad". Vote Nichael 2024.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

Seriously do any conservatives look normal

it's getting to the point that I think there's some biological correlation here. there's a genetic connection between the propensity for cucked-authoritarian love and looking like a ghoul and/or pee-boy motherfucker

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

"How do I smuggle a highly illegal item? I know, hide it in a much larger, also highly illegal item!"

genius!!!

pee-girl* motherfucker

SpaceGoku posted:

even the most normal looking republican of all time, good ol' mitt romney, looks so normal that he causes an overflow error and wraps around to being off-putting and inhuman

:mitt:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zas posted:

i dont think bannon is smart. why would you think bannon is smart? lol

he invested in seinfeld and made lots of money

or was that Barron?...

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

actually, I take back my previous comments. Spicey is a ten.

also huckabee's large and round adult sons are easily 9s or 10s

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Katy Tur is my favorite tier-C character in the Escalator Era saga.

SpaceGoku posted:

every conservative has something vaguely wrong and alien about their appearance

this lady got eyes too close together and don't know how to smile right
she's got an uncanny valley thing going, that's for sure

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Duscat posted:

seriously though if you wanted to nuke a coastal elite, wouldn't you just smuggle it in on some saudi billionaire's yacht and pop it off in the harbor?

but the yacht!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jose posted:

reminder that trump spends every weekend in a golden tower on the coast

uh huh uh huh but did you hear how much (((empathy))) he had when talking about slavery? man of the people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That DICK! posted:

when people sit on my lap, i get a freaking boner

hey that's a pretty cool story to tell on the sex page. I hear a new one is coming real soon

• Locked thread