Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

sullat posted:

The piss part of the piss tape was only one of the allegations; weren't there rumors of bribes in exchange for lifting sanctions? That would certainly be an impeachable offense, but obviously a Republican Congress wouldn't get involved.
imagine if the piss tape was the only thing in that which was fake

it would be a dark day to discover that truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mitch mcconnnell more like bitch mcconnell

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

I guess we've moved beyond milk as a white supremacist symbol and on to... water?

https://twitter.com/scofieldsdelena/status/834033833058111488

no, this kid is just a weirdo

every school has 'em, larger the university the more diverse and intense the weirdos

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

I hope that protesters can keep up their energy over the next two years at least

I wanna see two years of this stark difference between repub and dem townhalls where repubs refuse to even show up out of cowardice and dems are just chilling and talking

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Vladimir Putin posted:

Isn't the administration simultaneously anti Semitic and pro Israel? How does that work?

what would you call a person who wants to force all jews to live in an ethnically homogeneous jewish state

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

This is how my dog sits on the couch.

long haired dachshunds are so elegant

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

lol as if trump cares

trump is the ultimate carelord of all time

dude gets so pissmad over the most inane things

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this dude gonna quit before the end of march

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

it's for the state department's daily press briefing, not the white house press secretary daily briefing ya nerds

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

proof of concept posted:

I hope somebody smashes Stephen Miller's face in with a brick

after the trump admin gets ousted someone will find the bodies in his basement so he'll eventually get whats coming to him

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

The Muslim ban is no longer called Muslim ban. The Muslim ban is called no muslims allowed ever. See different.- Steve "Ted bundy" miller

we called it the "badguys go away executive order" and we said only muslims are badguys and for some reason the courts still rejected it

ugh!! activist judges

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/834242344614559748

:discourse:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Louisgod posted:

it's extremely cool that the defining feature of the Trump administration so far is literally just undoing what Obama and Democrats accomplished. Do Republicans actually do anything of value or pass productive bills? Dont' answer that, DON'T loving ANSWER THAT

obama drove the republicans so insane that they wilfully assassinated their own intellectual tradition (such that one existed) in an effort to maximize their ability to rile up their base

now their brain trust consists entire of dudes like paul ryan

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

rudatron posted:

love the benghazi at the end

that's never going to go away is it

70 years from now, benghazi is going to get the same level of treatment as watergate, despite being based on absolutely nothing

republicans are losing the narrative on benghazi outside of crazy-poo poo-eating-moron demographics so yeah it will be like watergate because everyone will know republicans wasted millions of dollars and millions of work-hours trying to delegitimize a future presidential candidate and then got their own party murdered because they lowered the level of discourse so much that the electoral process became vulnerable to hijacking by an asset of an adversarial state

or I mean we'll all be living in fascist USA and benghazi will be used to justify summary executions of the trumpenfuhrer's political opponents

you know either/or

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

DryGoods posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/834424180129030145

Hey, Carson, check this out. Ya know, this whole Human chattel thing? Looks like bad news to me. Hmm.

lmao every day is an amazing new candidate for thread title change

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

james woods is a pizzagater

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Duscat posted:

instead of explaining issues to him, they're feeding him loving breitbart koolaid to "keep him happy"?

good night, american century

lmao they've been doing that for at least half a year now, maybe more

I'm 100% convinced that they did in fact TRY to get him to engage with topics on a deeper level, to get him to stop worrying about bad coverage, but he simply can't do it

the best solution they have is to only feed him praise but he still desperately wants CNN to love him and he can't stop himself from watching

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Duscat posted:

what do they think the outcome will be, though?

prez getting news from breitbart and advice from alex jones

how do they think this will end well for anyone

this is one of the ways authoritarian regimes start

some incompetent gently caress comes to power, has handlers that try to manage him as best they can, and the system breaks down around them because the institution is designed to assume that the person in power governs in good faith

then when the bureaucracy is heaving under the weight of its own dying body and can no longer defend itself it will seem like a mercy to just have someone seize complete control of the state

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Coolguye posted:

warp technology (ie folding space in front of you and unraveling it behind you to achieve 'ftl' speeds) became theoretically possible 3 years back with new discoveries in physics actually! before it was just technology-as-magic.

now all we need to do is establish a mining infrastructure in space because there's no way you're ever getting sufficient minerals out of the earth, master void building on a large scale, work out commercial and logistics ties between void-side and planet-side infrastructures, and actually come up with a good reason for returning to a planet-side infrastructure when we already have at least okay solutions for every major habitability challenge in a void habitat, and find a good engineering solution for an interstellar starship, and a good reason to build one!

BUT I'M SURE THAT WILL ALL BE VERY EASY

there's a timeline where the transistor remains a theoretical circuit component like the memristor was until a decade or so ago

in that time line we have hundreds of permanent space stations orbiting earth for everything from weather monitoring to espionage to tourism

we all do math with slide rules and space pens (russians use pencils because they are dumb and don't care about hazardous debris in a freefall environment)

everyone is looking forward to 2020 when the first manned crew of an orion-drive vessel breaches the helioshock and humanity enters interstellar space for the first time, the crew solemnly prepared to join the ranks of the greatest heroes of the age: the first to enter orbit, the first to walk on the moon, the first to walk on mars, the first asteroid colonists, and the first to visit titan

anyway too bad we live in the timeline where trump is president, sucks huh

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

lmao trump is like a sad person who is perpetually recovering from a bad breakup, 24/7, every day of his life

haha sucks to be him

sucks to be everyone

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

William Bear posted:

I wonder if they have to do drug tests too. It would be funny if White House staff had to smoke weed to get through the day.

yeah the background check they need to pass does drug tests

idk how stringent they are but the background checks for anyone in the white house are pretty thorough

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

zegermans posted:

I hate this person so much

wishin this dude all the best in his heroic battle with the mumps

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

zegermans posted:

Seriously do any conservatives look normal

even the most normal looking republican of all time, good ol' mitt romney, looks so normal that he causes an overflow error and wraps around to being off-putting and inhuman

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

every conservative has something vaguely wrong and alien about their appearance

this lady got eyes too close together and don't know how to smile right

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

I don't understand the intense hatred for CNN from Donny, especially when they almost assuredly got him elected. Why not target MSNBC who are much more open with how much they hate him?

Seriously, does anyone even think about CNN except Donny?

a lot of people can probably speculate but at the end of the day it seems like trump genuinely wants CNN to praise him, he wants positive responses from them when he does things

his entire life's goal has been in pursuit of approval from NYC wealthy elites, and part of that includes being praised by major media organizations like CNN and the NYT, but even after getting elected president everyone still knows that he's a joke

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

sullat posted:

I'm not sure how "I will sign whatever misbegotten nonsense Congress puts up in front of me" equates to "screwing over the Congress." Unless you mean that Ryan will have to leaf through a,couple of pages of whatever Koch-sponsored tax reform package gets delivered to his office.

congress can't agree on how to handle the ACA or the budget (there's a huge split among repubs over the "border adjustment", some want it 20%, some want it lower, some don't want it at all)

the house and senate are split on a lot of issues, and the house itself is split on a lot of issues, even with majorities in both houses republicans can't get their people together to actually pass anything

in times like this the congress would normally look to the white house for guidance but the white house is full if incompetent morons and is useless, so everyone is basically spinning their wheels

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

haha the new travel ban isn't coming THIS week either. What kind of chaos is going on

trump probably getting really hard to manage since he got a taste of the ol good stuff back on saturday and now he doesn't want to actually be president anymore, he just wanna fly around and give grunty speaks and then relax with a nice bucket of the ol' colonel extra crispy

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Tonetta posted:

Any of you sadbrains watched man in the high castle yet? Baloogan im talking directly to u

I don't care for non-fiction

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

shiksa posted:

Lol I'm sure just sweeping any sort of investigation of Russian ties under the rug is gonna make it all go away

"it worked for watergate, right?" -- every republican

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

This is hosed up. I don't really know where we go from here as a nation, or how we attempt to rectify this.

if republicans weren't absolute cowardly shits and they manned up and followed through on their rhetoric and killed the ACA and put the 20% border adjustment into the 2018 budget this poo poo would rectify itself real quick because people would be so furious they would vote out anyone with an R next to their name, like 2006 + 2008 but even more

unfortunately repubs are fukken cowards and are gonna try to back out of having to actually govern so things will just simmer for a bit and gradually get worse until they start getting better

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

lmao some intern sent a boilerplate campaign fundraising letter to everyone in mccain's rolodex and the ambassador happened to be one of them

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

also lmao the letter was sent at the end of october when mccain's campaign was in a flat spin and the economy was melting down and obama was up by double digits in most states

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

Trump campaign did this to a buncha foreigners, including elected members of the British parliment (iirc) multiple times this election.

yeah it happens to a lot of campaigns every year, it's a gently caress up, but it's like the equivalent of forgetting to buy eggs at the grocery

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Addamere posted:

i wonder what president trump's own personal vietnam flashbacks are like

does he wake up screaming from nightmares about a b-lister going down on him with chapped lips?

I like the theory that his brain is sizzling in a skillet that is end-stage syphilis and has actual hallucinations of fighting in vietnam

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Squizzle posted:

im genuinrly trepidayipus that trpums admjniatration might sudenlu find its rear end w both habds and gain the ability to advance ita own malign agenda

well they still need to do about 500 more appointments that need senate confirmation and then another 1000 appointments that don't so they have a long way to go before they can reshape the bureaucracy

I'm not saying they can't do it because obviously hate can do powerful things but it will take a lot of time

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what are the lottery odds on this leading to finding out that bannon is yet another one of putin's fascist plants

if bannon was found out to be a russian plant I would die of laughing so hard I fart and then farting so hard I poop and then pooping so hard I crap out all my guts

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

It makes a ton of sense. He's obviously been destabilizing America and wants a white Christian nation like putin. Russia would have the ability to make it look like Andrew breitbart died of a heart attack so bannon could rise to power. And his love of booze is obviously influenced from his Russian training, while not having the fortitude that real Russians would have to drink gallons of it.

the way andrew breitbart died was really suspicious too

like, bannon did not appreciate even taking a single question about it or why he was the dude who got tapped to take the company over after breitbart died

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

I'm not 100% sure what putin's goal is in trying to put anti-muslim nationalists in charge in europe and the USA because it just destabilizes his own population and is riling up his own slavic nationals

there's gonna be anti-muslim rhetoric in these places regardless because of the coincidence of the refugee crisis (which we of course created) and these places entering the death spiral of end-stage capitalism

if putin wanna destabilize his only real choice is anti-muslim boys

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Ramadu posted:

lmao that cop is gonna get a paid vacation loooooooooooooooooool

this is gonna be all over the evening shows tomorrow so I don't think that guy is gonna be safe in his own community 24 hours from now

if he's smart he's already in hiding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

only the most stable, kind, and non-racist people need apply to be officers of the illustrious LAPD.

lol

I"m sure this dude won't face any administrative punishment beyond a paid vacation but lmao this is gonna blow up bigtime I suspect

• Locked thread