Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

OH PLAY empire of the dying suns

or whatever its called

its pretty much 'dune the game' waaay better than some RTSs

whats that i dont see it on steam

the closest i see is house of the dying sun and that looks like it might be a neato freespace thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Solarin posted:

Dune 2000 was so drat good and there's a browser version on Archive.org

https://archive.org/details/008900

well i know what im gonna do tonight

gonna recruit me a bunch of sardauker and roast some dumb atredies

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

punchymcpunch posted:

I think Dune is responsible for the hypernormalization of collecting and drinking your own urine.

more like waterworld

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

logikv9 posted:

bring back C&C RTS games

bring back c&c renegade

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

how did u respond?

just acknowledge and die?

thats what id do prolly

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

nuke em back soldier

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Mariana Horchata posted:

fk that sounds delicious even tho i am at 95% capacity rn - noted tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58RSC7HO9aU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

I have a 8" wide handlebar mustache

prove it

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Gringostar posted:

that's like saying you would rather have rear end cancer than dick cancer

Dick (ball) cancer is actually the kind u want if ur a guy cuz it's got basically a 100% recovery rate and if u catch it early enough u don't even need radiation or chemo

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SKULL.GIF posted:

hey you recovered fully, right? no chance of remission or anything like that?

go cards

had an oncology appt on tuesday, they drew a bunch of blood to check all my levels and a did a ct/pet scan so i spent like all day in a tube to see if im good. it is in remission but im still in the danger zone of it coming back but if i make it like another year yea its prolly gone. doc approved me to get a weed card tho because im basically maxed out on opiods (oxys, hydromorphones, fentanyl patches etc) and im pretty leary about short circuiting my CNS for like several years a time. just gotta get the like 150 bucks scrounged up somehow for the card app fee. so pretty good meeting overall.

cards probably gonna suck again for a while. good news is is everyone else in the nfc west will too :V

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKbEaZ-Jnws

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao that cop is gonna get a paid vacation loooooooooooooooooool

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

im not sure we need two people to the cant typing gimmick tho

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao i wonder if theyll use the new immigration laws to deport them

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Lastgirl posted:

trump's america

why they didn't slap the cuffs on the guy is beyond me

hes a cop duh

gonna prolly get a raise and promotion out of this tbh

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Yossarian-22 posted:

I just read the comments

Verily, quite the civilized discourse myes

Craig Edwards2 hours ago
Thank god he was a policeman, and not someone who knows how to use a firearm.

lmao

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Al! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5qDRDPI2xQ

hey guys

i think our civil society might have a problem

that cop also got a vacation smh DO YOUR JOB

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

my dad told me that we're from some lovely frozen poo poo hole in the north of norway

and i believed him

hey most of my family is too. theres apparently a hill named after my family. not a mountain but a lovely hill lmao

the rest fled hitler from poland sooooooo uh

norway b1tch

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

earth is a water planet
king o'the water

think about it

pissssssssssss

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

i have never been to new jersy but ive seen aqua teen hunger force and saprannos and the wire

the wire is in baltimore, maryland though baloogs

some canadians dont have maps

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

FAUXTON posted:

The same is true of nearly every tech company with a large amount of long-term user data. Like when a large payment processor acquires a social payments startup and their investigations teams start cross-referencing contact and payment info to bust carders and meth dealers.

whats a carder

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ready player one was like reading that adam sandler movie where the world was invaded by atari games

just awful

i just finished reading ancillary justice by ann leckie and i had a good time with it. some pretty fun ideas in it that i hadnt really seen b4

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

366000 people also voted for trump

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

yeh i like that
firend of mine who reads poo poo (lamo reading things is like, not common) was like all the sequels of anncillary justice were like "character abc sips tea"

holy gently caress i love sci fi don'y you guy s realizes (and gals realize) that like trump being president is HELLA sci fi

ah dang. that sucks cause i was lookin forward to the sequels. there is a lotta loving tea drinking though because idk water or booze or soda was banned when humans conquered the galaxy i guess and tea drinking is all thats left

(((big tea))) rules the galaxy :tinfoil:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Turdfuzz posted:

why r so many scifi books fascist af

gotta have conflict in it etc

also lots of these authors are shitheads with awful opinions and cant stop putting their fetishes in teh books too

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Mayor Dave posted:

I agree with you except for the book Card wrote about Christopher Columbus, that book was weirdly good and progressive as hell

i read some weird OSC book after i finished all the ender books and was like well i enjoyed those lets try his other stuff. i came across some book that was like the last book in some series where it was way in the future and all the humans got kicked off earth by our AI overlords and segregated by races and watched over until they thought we were ready to be let back onto earth and everytime they did we just kept genociding each other cause of our skin color i guess.

well this was following our brave heroes and they come to earth and learn that the ais said fuckit and let flying squirrels evolve and take over the planet lmao

thats all i remember but it was pretty funny and mostly bad

thats my orson scott card book story

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

FAUXTON posted:

I think that was the plot to Hull Zero Three.

It ended poorly for the colony ship.

hull zero three was a pretty neat book that i think they adapted for that movie Pandorum

i liked how we tried to take over some star system and got rekt by the inhabitants and had to flee lmao

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

i laughed a lot when those dudes who fought in vietnam went to fight space aliens and came back and the whole world was gay so they were like nah i dont wanna bone a dude so they went back out to fight more aliens.

the forever war owned

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Mayor Dave posted:

hey just fyi that entire series is card doing a scifi retelling of the book of mormon, some of the characters even have the same names

Ed Balls

haha really? i was in high school working at the library at the time so i just picked it up off the shelf and just had no idea what the gently caress i was reading. i was entertained though not gonna lie

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Gringostar posted:

also, the best heinlein book is moon is a harsh mistress

gravity wells suck

i loved that they just wanted to be left alone to gently caress their sisters in peace IS THAT SO WRONG EARTH???? *chucks rocks at earth*

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

trump make the loving tweet so i can to sleep you old bitch :argh:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

i read some book where our moon was actually a super old death star that concealed itself as a moon and we were some colony of its crew that mutineed. eventually we have moon bases and it needs a pilot and then they warp the moon away and are like its cool guys we left a little black hole of the same gravity in its place nbd

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Epic High Five posted:

like I kind of wouldn't mind finding out what happens on the surface of Venus post-protomolecule but like literally every other part of the first book I didn't really care about how it developed and I know that it'd be like 3/4 of the way through the 2nd book before they spilled the beans on any deets re: Venus

the exapanse was actually pretty great for the first like 4 books but osrta is meandering around in the last 2

the venus stuff was real neat imo

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

i have spend literally 40 minutes of my life finding this
when someone asks me for a book its a sacred faith in my books ness and libraries ect whatever
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25830594-the-ember-war

TRUMP!

waht the fvck

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Jose posted:

imagine a man but instead of hands and feet they're drills

in tetsuo the iron man he had a drill dick

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

deadgoon posted:

if u clicked on my links u would have seen thats what i linked to but u didnt!!! u hosed up!!!!!

i clicked on your book post....

if u use control v to post ur link it auto embeds the youtube link or use the [video] tags

right click paste doesn't auto embed

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

hey guys

whats been happening since like thursday

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

hey i live there

gently caress da police

Ramadu