Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I mostly just upped my fiber and protein, and the urge to snack kinda just faded away

I attribute it to the fiber giving me powerful poops that crushed my stomach into a smaller size, like and share with your friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I heard about bullet proof coffee a couple of years ago and saw that a healthy juice bar offered BP on the menu. I ordered one from a smoking hot fitness lady who told me that it's a great breakfast replacement, and to not eat anything for about 4 or 5 hours after.

Taste wise it wasn't too weird. Butter is cream that's been churned. It was kinda foamy. I think I paid around ELEVEN loving DOLLARS for it so I never bought another one again.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
BULLETPROOF COFFEE WORKED FOR ME BUT LET ME TELL YOU I'VE BEEN GOING THROUGH TOILETS LIKE NOBODIES BUSINESS. THAT COFFEES DONE TURNED MY rear end in a top hat INTO THE GATLING GUN OF AN A-10 WARTHOG. GOD BLESS!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

keto rhymes with cheeto

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I only use nootropic fortified ghei butter, hop onto this bone

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

I did keto for a year but recently stopped because the gallbladder thing scares me. It was nice having infinite energy and simple meal plans, for the last six months I wasn't even fat anymore. Just liked the way it made me feel. I don't think there's enough research into it to do it forever though. The cult surrounding keto will refuse to discuss anything negative about it.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Howdges posted:

I did keto for a year but recently stopped because the gallbladder thing scares me. It was nice having infinite energy and simple meal plans, for the last six months I wasn't even fat anymore. Just liked the way it made me feel. I don't think there's enough research into it to do it forever though. The cult surrounding keto will refuse to discuss anything negative about it.

Eskimos only eat meat and they are swole as gently caress.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Howdges posted:

You might transition into a diabetic diet. 100-150 carbs a day is a pretty easy limit to stay within and a lot more balanced. You'd still be getting the majority of your calories from fats and protein but you'd have a lot easier time getting fiber in your diet and a little bit of rice is a nice break for your digestion

Dave_Indeed posted:

Eskimos only eat meat and they are swole as gently caress.

They've also adapted to that diet over the course of thousands of years, with very few non-meat sources of nutrition available.

The introduction of sugar and grains into their diet has been pretty disastrous for them. Apparently diabetes and obesity is a scourge in those communities now

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 21, 2017

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
checkmate you inuit ice monkeys

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
It always sounded kind of gross to me. i use non dairy creamer because im lactose intolerant. i could stand to lose a few pounds. are you saying i can achieve this woth butter in my coffee?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

time for my afternoon ECA stack :madmax:

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

Mirthless posted:

You might transition into a diabetic diet. 100-150 carbs a day is a pretty easy limit to stay within and a lot more balanced. You'd still be getting the majority of your calories from fats and protein but you'd have a lot easier time getting fiber in your diet and a little bit of rice is a nice break for your digestion

That's about where I'm trying to stay, no chips, potatoes, pasta, sugar, etc. If it's one thing keto taught me it's the importance of actually paying attention to what I eat, instead of just grabbing tv dinners, eating fast food, and throwing together simple poo poo I ate as a kid. basically eating like the grown rear end adult that I am

Howdges fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 21, 2017

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I like to tell people who have cancer that they wouldn't have cancer if they were vegans.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

It always sounded kind of gross to me. i use non dairy creamer because im lactose intolerant. i could stand to lose a few pounds. are you saying i can achieve this woth butter in my coffee?

yes, if you drink enough butter every morning your heart will stop and you will lose all your weight. permanently.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
This coffee sounds loving awful, but I've been saying 'pad' of butter my whole life and just found out that was wrong.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

if you replace your breakfast with it, possibly

there are a lot of people who start their day with 800+ calories worth of sugar cereal and milk, those people would benefit from switching to bulletproof coffee.

if you make bacon and eggs, or eat some fruit, or you fast during the working day, probably not

Gay Weed Dad posted:

This coffee sounds loving awful, but I've been saying 'pad' of butter my whole life and just found out that was wrong.

unsalted butter is basically just a solid block of heavy cream

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Flaggy posted:

yes, if you drink enough butter every morning your heart will stop and you will lose all your weight. permanently.

The soul only weighs 21 Grams so your fat rear end will still be fat

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Hardawn posted:

The soul only weighs 21 Grams so your fat rear end will still be fat
my soul was destroyed in a transporter accident :(

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Mirthless posted:

unsalted butter is basically just a solid block of heavy cream

Oh I understand but between that and the coconut oil it just sounds like a recipe for anal seepage.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
In northern sweden some people put cheese in their coffee..try that OP

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Zombiepop posted:

In northern sweden some people put cheese in their coffee..try that OP

Kraft Singles :getin:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

500 bad things posted:

it aint easy being cheesy

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

500 bad things posted:

That honest to god almost made me vomit.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Bulletproof coffee was made up by a weird internet businessman who calls himself the Bulletproof Exec. He used to sell EMS blockers and a flat, bed-sized metal vibrator you were supposed to lie on for exercise or something.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Who's more weird, the weirdo or the weirdo who catalogues his business ventures on line.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Makes u think.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
butter coffee big in the pos, much like its posters

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

No, it really doesn't.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

JB50 posted:

No, it really doesn't.
oof

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I heard it gives you awesome, uncontrollable shits, OP, so I might try it

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Just buy good coffee so you dont need to put a bunch of goop in it.

Black is back.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

dead gay son posted:

Hey goons. Any of you do the bulletproof coffee in the mornings? I'm not talking about buying the branded mix bs, but doing the butter, coconut oil, and coffee for a high fat, low carb breakfast.

Cutting out sugar is great, but now I'm thinking of doing the high fat thing. Any advice or past experiences would be appreciated.

Tried it a couple of years ago. It was supposed to increase my metabolism, give me more energy, and help me lose fat.

All it did was make me gain 4 pounds.

naem
May 29, 2011

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I dated a girl who thought balcony was "balcon-ing"

Used to think "else" was "elts" with a "T"

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Putting anything in coffee should be illegal imo

What about booze in coffee?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Mirthless posted:

If I did it all over again I'd change my carb limit from 20 a day to 80, eat a lot more fiber and a lot less saturated fat.

Is that net carbs? I don't count my carbs from fibrous veggie types like broccoli. Probably don't get enough though.

I figured I already eat a bunch of cheese and meats so cutting out grains and sugar would be a automatic healthy change.

I think I'll tweak my diet and try to eat more fiber/cut back on cheese and nuts a bit.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

So what im hearing im supposed to limit my carb consumption? Like count the amount of grams of pasta and bread?

And when i get hungry what do i eat?

Jesus tacos are a carb :mad:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

So what im hearing im supposed to limit my carb consumption? Like count the amount of grams of pasta and bread?

And when i get hungry what do i eat?

Jesus tacos are a carb :mad:

You can eat unlimited eggs and bacon and butter and cream, you'll love it!!!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've heard of the carboniferous, but this is ridiculous

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

NOT ONLY THE GRAMS BUT THE CALORIES IN THE GRAMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nolan Arenado posted:

I like to tell people who have cancer that they wouldn't have cancer if they were vegans.

Yeah but then they'd be vegans, which is worse

• Locked thread