Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Hey goons. Any of you do the bulletproof coffee in the mornings? I'm not talking about buying the branded mix bs, but doing the butter, coconut oil, and coffee for a high fat, low carb breakfast.

Cutting out sugar is great, but now I'm thinking of doing the high fat thing. Any advice or past experiences would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Try it at work, "no I'm just putting butter in my coffee, it's totally normal"

Yeah. Bizzare that people would put dairy fat in their coffee.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Teikanmi posted:

Also I am a gay man

Same. And thanks for sharing your BP coffee experience.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Mirthless posted:

No, but it's not incredibly uncommon, either. Gall bladder failure is probably going to happen to everybody who does Keto for an extended period of time, though. High fat + Rapid weight loss = dead gall bladder. That organ is a lot more useful than I ever gave it credit for when I still had it. :(

Like I said, I don't really recommend it.

I don't regret doing it - I think it saved my life, to be honest - but I followed a lot of bad advice on that diet and having to give up spicy food and dealing with persistent nausea all the time sucks hard. Back when I still posted on Reddit I tried really hard to add good advice to the Keto discussions there but those people are like a loving cult and they won't accept any criticism of their ~Magic Starvation Diet~ so, inevitably, a lot more people out there are going to jump on the Block of Cheese and Pound of Bacon diet and run into a lot of the same problems I did

If I did it all over again I'd change my carb limit from 20 a day to 80, eat a lot more fiber and a lot less saturated fat.

Yeah I'm not doing hardcore keto. I'm eating about 100-125 grams of carbs a day. I'm only asking about the coffee because I'm wondering if it is a good appetite suppressant and meal substitute.

Edit: sorry keto killed your gallbladder

• Locked thread