Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

One of my favorite moments of the game was Selmers dropping that loving banger of a poem at the library. I talked to her and listened to her poems every day which really set that up so well.

That was probably my favourite also out of many, many wonderful moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Angus emotes via his ears, it's super cute. My favourite character animation thing is that Bea sleeps with a lot cigarette in her mouth. The cigarette also pays off really well in the dark bit at the end I thought.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

lol now both Scott and Yoko Taro have seen it

It's great!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One of my favourite sequences that I haven't seen mentioned is starwatching with Angus. Really made me appreciate his character. Plus, drat, stargazing is so good in this game (and in general!)

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

eatenmyeyes posted:

Is there any way to buy access or has that ship sailed?

I'll repost it in here if Scott OKs it. It's a good post.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Big wins for my favourite game of last year!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

luxury handset posted:

every modern country which would earn a localization has a depressing rear end rust belt that's been wrecked by postindustrial decline and rural isolation. that's all some countries are. japan should have their pick, there are towns in japan that are literally shutting down because everyone who lives there is old and there are zero kids or young people around

Italy as well, though they had a sort of solution until the current government came to power.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Terrible news. I knew the Bensons would do the right thing but it's good to have one's expectations met for once.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Somfin posted:

The fucks over on NeoGAF are already calling it a lie (of course)

I'm a teacher, I teach game dev, I've used Night in the Woods as a reference / example about a dozen times now

I've been frantically messaging folks since it dropped trying to figure out what the gently caress I'm supposed to say / do

I'm so loving glad to have this forum sometimes

As far as I'm aware, most of the stuff I love about the game comes from the Bensons anyway so I'm not too bothered. It's a great game, I'd keep it on the curriculum but maybe make a side note that the programmer is an accused abuser.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Control Volume posted:

Yall got people in this thread even saying suicide is the cowards way out but hey, I guess if the other side is worse, thats perfectly fine by you

gently caress off with this sides poo poo, besides that person already apologised.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What are you trying to do here? Because you're not helping.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Iafeth posted:

Yes, let's just assume that one particular group of people has low IQ. I sure, it will go well.

Is it some kind of 4-dimensional sarcasm?

What they're talking about is the (AFAIK pretty well-demonstrated) fact that being poor and dealing with the stresses it places on you saps a sufficient amount of energy that your mental functioning is impaired in several ways (as stress is known to do). This does not mean 'poor people are stupid' - it means that a lack of money is an even greater disadvantage than one might think on the surface level. It's an extra argument against bullshit bootstrapper rhetoric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

I feel like this should be the final nail in the coffin but I'm sure a trove of assholes will still continue to blame Zoe Quinn for "making poo poo up."

The responses on medium to the piece prove you right.

I'm not going to abandon my love of this game, rather knowing how much the Bensons had to bear adds to its resonance for me.