Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2cAgqBRd74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Is this the bitching about Hillary Clinton thread

Good to see the republican smear campaign alive and well on the left

Bill deregulated banking, destroyed welfare, wanted to privatize social security, made fun of people trying to do something about police brutality

Hillary lost to trump

Just leave the clintons behind man, they've hosed over the left incredibly

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I love how only sanders was baller enough to end up in his own category.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

They probably considered the final category to be "Joke Option"

But Bloomberg was mixed in with other people?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I was just as shocked as everyone else on Nov. 8th, but looking back at the campaign it all just looks so inevitable. It's not an upset, it's the culmination of months of mistakes, unforced errors, and hubris.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

gobbagool posted:

Yes I know when I go into my local tavern and hang out with my brothers and sisters in the working class, the thing that gets brought up every single night, with tears in eyes, and burning passion in hearts, is the GINI coefficient. We like to discuss the works of kropotkin and marx over chicken nug nugs and genny on tap.

He was saying there's statistics that show that pretty much most people are going through hell, there's no excuse for people who consider themselves learned about the economy and policy to be blindsided by the idea that for a lot of people it's fuckin' rough out there.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Comic sans that font, cowboy

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

Thread question.

Why do I notice Hillary supporters unwilling to admit that maybe they had a bad candidate?

Let me clarify that. I don't mean people that voted for her. I mean the sort of people that go and blame "bernie", "racism", etc rather than admitting that Hillary's campaign was a very flawed one.

You know the kinds of people who just can't admit that a game is bad? It can be slammed from all sides by all types, be technically incompetent and badly written and have bad mechanics and be basically a huge laughing stock, but they just can't bring themselves to say "yeah, this isn't good." They'll talk about how the reviewers are unfair or how you have to excuse bugs and how they're having fun with it, everyone else just has messed up standards. You know, those people?

You know the kinds of people who just won't admit a movie was bad? It can be a total failure in all respects, be a national punchline, have lines that people can't not laugh at and edits that are so dang funny everyone keeps pointing them out, have a story conceit so awful that people make fun of it endlessly, but they still love it. They'll say the director has a different vision, they'll read art into incompetence, they'll claim they're just smarter and the movie speaks to them but no one else. You know, those guys?

They're people who've internalized the success and failure of those things and their goodness and reception of goodness as their goodness. If the thing succeeds, they're a good person for being part of its success. If it fails, it has to have failed because of a bewildering array of betrayals and enemies who conspired against it, not because it just wasn't good. Because if it was bad, that means they're bad, because they have let it become a big part of them.

That's Hillary's hangers on. I don't understand why it happens, but anyone still defending the Hillary campaign in the post-election where everyone can see the hubris, laziness, and all-around badness of the campaign can't be doing it because they think it's worth defending on its merits. They're doing it cause its personal to them, and the only way they can defend it is by saying everyone who criticizes its now glaring failures is a bad person.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

logikv9 posted:

where's my hillary dvd player

she didn't give enough of a poo poo to give you one

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

How can you poo poo down the wholesale section of a farmers market

isnt it all supposed to be wholesale?

Depends on the market. Some farmer's markets are basically a series of stalls where they sell stuff to individual consumers, some are farmers making bulk deals with consumers, some are a mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Peanut President posted:

gently caress you.

Listen man it's good you're building houses, but you also really hosed over unions

• Locked thread