Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Pony: Tony
Poison: Cirie

But it was a toss up between Cirie and Ozzy. Seriously. 3 times is enough on Survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You guys see that Fox show that's trying to use Survivor imagery and catchphrases for some crappy reality show of theirs?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Propaganda Machine posted:

Are you talking about Hunted?

No, it's some Fox poo poo. Kicking & Screaming.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Piell posted:

Shocking news: Caleb is an idiot who doesn't know how to play Survivor

Damnit. He was so likable in Kaoh Rong too.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's that? Timestamp or screenshot?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Spoiler tag it? Link it? It's speculation based on an officially released video.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't see any weird colors. Are you talking about the orange buffs looking redder when wet?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Every time Jeff Probst references Ciera voting out her mother, take a drink

Every time Jeff Probst says "Dig Deep" or "Big Moves", takes a drink

Die of alcohol poisoning before the end of the first episode

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That remidns me. Anyone have more money than sense this season?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
According to Tony, there was a typhoon JUST before they started filming, so the place was an absolute mess and crazy difficult to search for idols in.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I bet Jeff wouldn't reference the Rock Draw. You aren't supposed to know what happens on the other tribes. You know what the others tell you during swaps or merges.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Max posted:

Haha, rewatching the first episode, Ciera's "I don't want to be the first person voted out" line is even better.

Everyone said it in a confessional. They used hers because she got voted out.

Except Malcolm. No way in a thousand games of this cast would he go home first.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How was this a stupid vote reason?

Debbie, Tai, and Caleb were all from the same season. If Brad joins them to vote out Hali, a Kaoh Rong alliance has a majority on that tribe. Caleb already has Malcolm and Jeff as allies. We didn't see him tell Tai this, but if they're as close as they say then Tai knew about them and Tai is never one to keep secrets.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think Brad is looking great this season.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Max posted:

The Funny 115 guy just put out an article about Brad Culpepper, and the bad undeserved reputation he got from BvW. http://funny115.com/v3/84.htm

This is a good read.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just listening to Caleb's exit interview on RHAP. Apparently Sierra made comments at Tribal about Tai going to Caleb's wedding as a reasoning for why they're close. Caleb responding by saying Sierra and Hali have matching tattoos from their experience in World's Apart.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Maybe RHAP just isn't for you? :shrug:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah, I don't think this was a great twist. It's not Outcast levels bad, Malcolm got screwed really badly, worse than a tribe swap or rock draw.

No? He lost to an idol play and a disloyal ally.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also Aubry has been practically invisible. Michaela hasn't been doing much better, either, but she had some screentime in the first episode. Still doesn't really bode well for them if they've been so downplayed.

Aubrey was invisible in Kaoh Rong until the merge. We've had lots of Malcolm scenes in the first couple episodes. Visibility isn't as important as it used to be in the edit.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 23, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I like the angle that Nuku is now absolutely neutered for challenges without Malcolm.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Professor Shark posted:

Are we ever going to see Malcolm again?

I hope not. I don't think anyone needs a fourth game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MisterZimbu posted:

Sandra does after she closes out this one.

You're absolutely right.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why would Fishbach warn against JT? They're really good buds.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
http://i.imgur.com/Z71c8Im.gifv

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can't imagine people who would buy that crap. "I really loved the Green team that was in a couple episodes of a reality game show."

They should sell things like idol reproductions... or maybe reproductions of entire puzzle sets.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 31, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
All of the "Customer reviews" look like total crap. I doubt people were that passionate about their San Juan Del Sur labelled rice bowl.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's all dumb bullshit. Boston Rob just intentionally made it bullshit instead of thinking it was deep or witty.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Debbie was fun in Kaoh Rong. She isn't fun here.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We still have most of the game ahead of us without a start at the jury.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I just want to see all the Varner from Australia without all the other crap that is Survivor: Australian Outback

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ignoring next week's preview, this is what we're looking at for alliances right now, right? I put Mana on the left and Nuku on the right.

Aubrey and Michaela are loosely tied to Brad. They voted with him a few times each. I have them listed here as free agents for now.

Debbie is also a free agent. I guess she'll join the Ozzy block because she's annoyed with Brad.

I have no idea what Cirie is up to. I guess she's not happy with Ozzy right now?

Varner only seems to have Zeke left, with the setup they showed us this week.

Brad and Troyzan teaming up seems to be the only solid alliance being shown to us right now. I'm feeling pretty good about Brad moving forward.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

STAC Goat posted:

Ozzy and Cirie are definitely the big name "threats" left who could fall next just because of who they are and not actually based on anything they've done in this game. Zeke's MO seems to kind of be to go "Got out Sandra! Now wouldn't it be cool to vote out Ozzy?!"

I definitely think the next boot is Ozzy or Cirie. The merge is probably going to be at the final 13 so they can have a 10 man jury with 3 finalists.

If Mana loses, Cirie doesn't seem to have any allies and she's a post-merge threat.

If Nuku loses, Ozzy might have Sarah, Andrea, and Zeke as allies so they can go after Tai, but Tai can just idol him out. Maybe it's Debbie or Varner just to avoid idol play.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

KKKLIP ART posted:

Out of the cast that is left, I really don't know who I think would win. At the beginning, I felt like Malcolm would do really well and instead had his game blown up with something that was pretty out of his control.

I'm terrified it's going to be Hali, Sierra, Sarah final 3.

I hope we don't get the Michelle Fitzgerald "other people were more interesting so we're not showing the audience why she won" edit again.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That was a great meme you regurgitated there. Totally original and contributed to the thread. :fuckoff:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The whole "He went to therapy with suicidal thoughts" is a kind of speculation that doesn't belong here.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fair enough. But "someone said it on Survivor Sucks Forums" was an awful source originally.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lone Goat posted:

Thanks for this. Green team looks like poo poo, I think the team of unpicked players will score higher. I'd love to see that chart get updated in-thread after each episode.

I wouldn't post it every episode, but here's a progress report on a milestone.

We thought it'd be fun to leave the last round of picks undrafted, but went ahead and picked who we wanted in the order anyway as a bonus. We're thinking about just merging them into our teams because it would be lame if the unpicked team won.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 13, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ha. There's no money. It's a 3D printed trophy that gets passed around for bragging rights.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Someone brought up Russel Hantz's twitter. I don't recommend you read it. He always spoils himself on the season so he can make vague statements about the eventual winner all season and then claim that he's a genius who knew what would happen. Just throwing that out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

STAC Goat posted:

I wonder how much of that is just genuinely Culpepper playing a great social game and how much of it is the producers feeling they let the edit get away from them a little last time with him and Candice's vendetta against him and trying to make up for it.

I mean, I don't think it was entirely undeserved last time but he seemed generally well liked last time too (and was just kind of an overtly backstabby player) and a lot of that hate was definitely​ kicked up by Candice. Culpepper seemed like a weird addition to this cast but everything makes a lot more sense if they liked the guy and just thought they owed him a makeup edit/play. It feels a bit like when the refs/umps make a call to fix a bad call.

Which isn't to say I don't think he's playing a good social game. He definitely seems to be. And he seems to be trying to be less overt in his gameplay this time around and come off less like the guy calling shots and backstabbing people.

I'm sure production loved him. He got on the show despite losing the fan vote in Second Chances. They want us to see what they see in him.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Who are people rooting for going into the merge, anyway? All my favourite people (Malcolm, Sandra, Varner) got picked off. I guess it's Cirie for me at the moment, maybe Michaela. Not sure how good their actual chances are, however.

Aubrey, because she's the last on my draft. But we haven't been getting much of her.

I'd like to see Brad do well.

• Locked thread