Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm a poor who blew all her money on the Switch plus Zelda and is banking on the fact she's had her phone without a screen protector for three years without it shattering or scratching and I drop it way more than my 3DS or Wii U tablet.

Also my first game is physical, so I can hold off on the SD card for now.

What I'm saying is, my preorder list is

+Switch
+Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

lol if you didn't run right out to your local GameStop the morning after the press conference and snag the last neon Switch.

Why yes, I am easily susceptible to video game marketing, why do you ask?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mahoning posted:

Holy poo poo guys. When you set up the Switch kickstand (with the JoyCons connected, which is never a way you'll be playing it) and then you nudge and push the Switch, it falls over! What a piece of poo poo!

I'm mad that Nintendo didn't account for gravity.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

this is like watching polygon play a video game. LOOK THIS KICKSTAND IS TOTALLY.. okay hold on, IT TOTALLY.. *push* *PUSH* *PUSSSHHHH* IT TOTALLY DOESN-- one second!! *PUUUUUSHHH* THERE! IT DOESNT WORK

just take the joycons out first and then let it sit there good grief

today in shocking revelations by game journalists: if you push something over it falls over.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Infinitum posted:

*throws Switch at wall*
WHY DOES IT KEEP FALLING OVER?

My favorite part is when he pokes the screen with the joycon at the end so it would fall over "in normal use".

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

tsob posted:

He'd consumed a pre-order slot. I don't know if that required a deposit of some kind, but even if it didn't the slot still has value and he was still putting time and faith in the slot as a product. Failing to guarantee that slot or give him a grace period if the order encounters an issue is a problem on their end, and reflects badly on them as a company. Probably impacting future sales, even if only marginally.

I did it as well, mostly because that's how I've always pre-ordered consoles, and because there was a store in town and I happened to be passing it so why not. I never even considered doing it online honestly, and it wasn't until I saw people talking about it that I even thought it must be an option and there's no reason it wouldn't be. I don't live in the US though, or even a prominent city of my own nation, so I'm pretty sure there'll be no issue with my pre-order, since I can't see there being enough sales in my little town for there to be a problem. I'm gonna drop in on Monday and see if they think they'll have any pro-controllers launch day. And possibly see if I can bag a neon Switch, since I never thought about color when placing my pre-order weeks ago. I probably can't, but most people probably didn't consider color when doing it either, so I have a little sliver of hope.

I mean, I live in a city of about 50,000 people absolutely covered with Gamestops (there's one in the mall on the other side of the highway from the one I ordered mine in, for starters) and yet at noon the day after preorders were announced, I got the last neon Switch. Meanwhile a friend of mine who lives in a semi-major German city preordered one today and said that the cashier seemed baffled by the idea.

I don't know if it's a difference in demand or that NOE allotted more systems than NOA did per store or what, but it's pretty different. It seems American availability is much lower and if you want one on launch in NA, you need to go to a Gamestop at midnight or a Toys R Us in the early morning.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I can't believe Netflix will never ever make an app for the Switch and that my other consoles and second HDMI port on my TV are going to catch fire, ensuring I can never watch Netflix on my TV while my Switch is plugged in. What even is the purpose of a game console then?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Not a Children posted:

Please don't sacrifice your financial security for video games

What type of goon are you

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

If you're not eating ramen for an entire month to afford the Switch day 1, are you even a Nintendo fan?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sea Sponge Run posted:

i'm pissed i have to go out into a blizzard to get my stupid console

Move to Virginia so you can pick up your Switch on a beautiful 70 degree March day, so you don't have to think about the ramifications of it being 80 degrees in February a week earlier.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 26, 2017

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

littleorv posted:

I'm going to play it undocked in bed and on the couch, sometimes.

I mean that's already what I do with my 3DS so.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

tsob posted:

What confirmed non launch day games are people looking forward to? Beyond the obvious Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I'm at least looking forward to The Binding of Isaac:Afterbirth+, ARMS, Disgaea 5 Complete, Stardew Valley, Jackbox Party 3, Sonic Mania and maybe Oceanhorn and Dragon Quest X.

Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Stardew Valley, Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem 2018 (maybe. if it's more like older FE games than Fates, though that's unlikely), Xenoblade 2, Octopath.

The inevitable Pokemon and Smash too, but those haven't been confirmed.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Honestly, I kind of like that Gamestop charges your card when you put money down. At least I know that my card's already been processed and I'm good.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

St. Blaize posted:

How does GameStop confirm that the person picking up a preorder is the one who made it? As far as I can tell the only info they got from me is my phone number. Do they check against the card I paid with?

ID and the card you paid with, if I remember correctly. Might need the receipt from when you paid it off too.

Infinitum posted:

Also the best thing about the cnet video is when he takes the joycons out and physically knocks the switch over to make it look like it fell on its own :allears:

I also enjoy when he places like 40 lbs of pressure on top of the Switch to snap the kickstand off.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 26, 2017

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dehry posted:

I would think as long as you don't go to the internet and say "My name is John Smith and I ordered a Nintendo Switch at Gamestop Store #1234" it's pretty safe.

My past experiences have always been giving them my rewards card and getting a sticker on a reciept to redeem at 12:01

Hmm? Yeah, of course it's safe, I've never had any issues. I just don't quite remember what the rules are for people who don't have a rewards card.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Where's the D1 jap+eng subs patch for Zelda? :colbert:

Why are you allergic to the English dub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Pretty much every time I order something with two day shipping, Amazon actually ships it the night before it's guaranteed delivery date.

Of course, you could've been smart like me and walked into your local game retailer of choice and ordered it and paid it off immediately, insuring you will get it as the clock strikes midnight. :smugbert:

• Locked thread