Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
We tried our first colony yesterday, and promptly dug into a cavern of water which flooded our base, causing one of our guys to drown on the latrine. Plus it took us a while to work out that smooth flooring is more than just an aesthetic choice...
The second colony is going a lot better, although it will be a very long time before we manage to construct hydrogen cooling systems!
It's a good game. More forgiving than Don't Starve, maybe, but with more to manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Loopoo posted:

When you say "we", were you playing it with a friend beside you? Cause AFAIK there's no multiplayer, right?

Yeah, we swap who's running the base each "day." It's good fun, and I can assure you it is NOT FRUSTRATING AT ALLLLL to watch the other person dig a bit too close to the water cavern for the third time. As you can imagine.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Yes, I would definitely count a thousand tonnes of rock and soil as "chilly surroundings."

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It's interesting to see Cheshire Cat's population! After about a dozen utterly failed colonies, I've finally learnt that it isn't always a good idea to print new Dupes the instant they become available. Particularly if I'm halfway through sorting out an oxygen crisis....

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

temple posted:

I love this

Interesting! I've always had one big room of cots and a second big room of mess tables. I'll have to try this Personal Space method instead. Do the dupes get lonely at all...?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hmm, thanks for the update info! Derelict buildings scattered around the map would be a fantastic change.

(Incidentally I'd like a Stinky plush. That dude often seems to wind up with good stats in my games.)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
After plenty of (failed) games without ever seeing a single geyser, I've started a map with a steam geyser to one side of my start, and a natural gas geyser on the other. What should I do with this bounty?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Chlorine geysers sound pretty nightmarish.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

BattleMaster posted:

edit: maybe I can solve this problem by dropping some dry ice into the molten phosphorus :thunk:

Congrats, I made an involuntary "eeeee" sound on reading this.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

....apparently I don't know how to play Oxygen Not Included. This stuff is incredible!
(I automated my lights to switch off at night-time and felt like a genius.)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mercrom posted:

Now I want to see someone power their entire base with flatulent stress vomiters.

From a page or two ago, but this'd be a marvellous thread title.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I found a chlorine geyser! What on earth should I do with such a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I haven't played this game in about a year, but I was wondering: how much of the "story" do they end up explaining? It's something like, Dupes are GM tiny humans and the planets are the remains of a research station or something...?