Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The dorky OCD bit of my brain appreciates that you posted the OP bang on the stroke of midnight :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

And what's wrong with being a red gay idiot?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

The worst crime, a slightly untidy tax return.
Until next week when footage of Corbyn making tea shows he puts the milk in first 😱

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jose posted:

why do you keep arguing with him does nobody learn their lesson
It's been said we keep voting in Tories because the British public loves misery and pain, and I think the amount of time people spend arguing pointless minutiae with Pissflaps shows they maybe have a point.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I mean, why shouldn't they do this? The press is apparently willing to let poo poo like this and the £350m bus slide and to continue giving these people airtime, and the public is willing to let it slide and to continue voting for them. There's really no incentive for them to maintain any pretence of not being completely divorced from reality.

On a separate note, I got an email from my lettings agent today; they want me to come sign the contract for next year. Sounds fair enough except my current lease doesn't end until July :stare:
I've never had this happen before - is there anything other than common decency (lol) keeping agents from requiring you to sign for the next year arbitrarily far in advance? Presumably if I say I don't want to sign anything until nearer the date we'll spend the next four months having random people shown round our flat and possibly having to move out.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

big scary monsters posted:

That sounds rather odd, I wouldn't have thought you'd need to renew your lease until your notice period comes up. IIRC the landlord only has the right to do viewings in the last month before the end of your contract, and has to provide 24 hours notice - you can refuse permission when you receive that notice if it's not convenient.
I hadn't heard that there was a limit for when they could do viewings, I'll look into that. Good to know if true, cheers!

Taear posted:

It's a shame that nobody will see this and nothing matters.
People will see it, acknowledge it as an astonishing lie, and then everybody will move on and he'll continue to be quoted and talked to like a thinking human, as if the noises coming out of his mouth have any more meaning than the ones coming out of his bum.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

jabby posted:

The only silver lining is when a Brexit disaster happens the Tories will own it completely with no 'our hands were tied' nonsense.
Reminder that we just the other day had a Tory denying a tweet he sent while it was blown up five feet wide right next to him. They'll claim absolutely anything they want and the press will go "huh that's weird" and move on.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

JFairfax posted:

not seen many british kiwi fruits or pineapples either
This is due to BARMY BRUSSELS legislation that puts strict limits on the amount of sunlight we're allowed. Theresa May is going to negotiate us a much better climate post-Brexit.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jippa posted:

Corbs is getting roasted on twitter.
was he drizzled in honey, could be quite tasty

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Seaside Loafer posted:

All i'm getting is stuff like 'head mistress' 'scowling' 'old' 'miserable' 'looks like a seal eating fish' 'old bag oval office' etc
These are all votewinning qualities in a modern British leader

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Pochoclo posted:

Just ban people
Ban 4chan at least

quote:

The attack may have been flagged by a post on the 4chan forum, which contained references to its exact location. It also contained a photo, taken from the internet, of two guns.

It isn't known that the post was anything to do with the attacker, and it made no explicit reference to the date or nature of the incident. But many internet users are pointing out the chilling coincidence of the two events.

The reference to the location was posted through a strange code. Alongside the picture, the user posted a series of dashes and dots – when translated into Morse code, they pointed to a URL, and at that page was the exact co-ordinates for the attack.
Apparently warnings of terrorist incidents are being given in ARG-style code puzzles now.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

The orange bit on mine comes off if you point it at the floor
you should see a doctor about that

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

quote:

Pret said the new work experience programme was part of efforts to take on the “long-term challenge that Pret and the wider industry must meet to ensure hospitality is seen by Brits as a serious career choice”.
When I think 'serious career choice', I think 'getting paid in ham sandwiches'.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

LemonDrizzle posted:

Khan's about as closely tied to radical islamists as he is to the KKK.
SADIQ KHAN HAS "TIES TO RADICAL ISLAMISTS, KKK" - Anonymous Source

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

namesake posted:

Honestly there's been a lot of really poor decision making going on here but Labour have actually managed to get themselves into a good spot on Brexit. No one can criticise them for opposing the will of the British people but by setting conditions which mean little changes for the worse or being able to state for the next 2 years that they won't support the particulars of Brexit as it comes out they'll win a lot of support pretty much no matter what happens.
Except that any deal, no matter how terrible, is going to be better than falling back on WTO rules. So if Labour refuses to back it they'll instead be painted as 'throwing away two years of British deal–making' and 'guaranteeing us a poorer future'. We'll get exactly the Brexit deal the EU deigns to give us, and we'll be happy to have it too.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

JFairfax posted:

let's not forget that at the same time we have to negotiate trade deals with every other country on earth at the same time as handling EU negotiations.
My understanding was that until Brexit actually happens (i.e. in two years' time) we are still legally prevented from negotiating our own trade deals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

The odd dichotomy is that while I would probably appreciate it more at the moment if Corbyn was more aggressive I would probably want him to win less if he was.
I dunno, Corbyn owns bones whenever he actually spits fire in a speech. That version of Corbyn is the one we need all the time.

• Locked thread