Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

carswell 2: defect harder

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

what was that?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

doesn't their leader want to privatise the NHS as well..?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

mfcrocker posted:

Anyone but Stephen loving Williams.

x10

I'm also glad that the red trouser fucker was ruled out as part of the agreement to have a metro mayor

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

yeah i agree, if i weren't a labour member i'd have no idea when the election was

hakimashou posted:

What's wrong with red trousers?

beside being gaudy as gently caress, the owner of this specific pair was a massive cuntrag

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:stare:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/03/labour-party-lost-members-mid-2016

quote:

Labour has lost nearly 26,000 members since last summer, according to leaked data.

The apparent shedding of card-carrying supporters has led one former chairman of the parliamentary Labour party (PLP) to warn the “tide is turning”.

More than three-quarters of those to leave the party last year had joined after the 2015 general election, a period that saw membership grow rapidly under Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership.

Figures reported by the Times showed the number of resignations in 2016 was more than the previous six years combined, while more than 15,465 have left since mid-December.

Up to 7,000 members are said to have resigned last month following Corbyn’s three-line whip on MPs commanding them to support the triggering of Article 50.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

someonen suggest a good anime plks

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

she's trying to shed her human skin

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

can anyone recommend some good dubbed animes rather tahn subbed

tia

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

We have to go deeper

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

tax big issue sellers

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the grauniad have made a Corbyn CYOA

quote:

You awake in an ANCIENT FOREST CLEARING. You can see FIVE EXITS: to the NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, a HATCH IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FOREST FLOOR, SOMEHOW, and WEST. In the middle of the clearing stands JEREMY CORBYN. He looks like a substitute geography teacher resigned to the fact that he lost the attention of this Year 9 class.

What do you do?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

namesake posted:

Go SOMEHOW

YOU HAVE DECIDED TO TAKE THE HATCH
Ah, you’ve taken the hatch. Definitely something tempting about the hatch, isn’t there? How often do you really get to have a go on a good hatch. It’s not often. Anyway that was the wrong choice: you emerge through thickets into an enclave of ancient Aztecs, and they are all mad at you, and they are mounted on dinosaurs, and they were just saying – literally, just then – they were just saying, “Man, we really need to do a blood sacrifice today. Anyone up for it?”

Long story short, here’s you being dragged on your knees to the tip of a pyramid-type structure so you can be slaughtered that bit nearer to the sun and the gods. They press a sharp stone into your chest and rip you apart. You die. They throw your body in river rapids. Their Aztec dinosaurs chase after your flopping, floating body and, when you finally land in the mud at the base of a bank, eat your corpse in one bite. You just died three different ways. What have we learned about hatches? Don’t take hatches.

OwlFancier posted:

GET YE FLASK

I remove my robe and wizard hat

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

here are all options

quote:

GO NORTH
You go north, to a future where Corbyn maintains his grip on the Labour leadership. This can’t be that bad, can it? Swatting away coup after coup after coup, Owen Smith popping up every four to six months, adding inch after inch on to the end of his fantastical long penis, trying and failing to take a pop at the king, shrinking away to nothing again, boom and bust and repeat.

In this future, Corbyn stays, building on the Copeland disaster to more, even more surprising disasters, all the while being A Very Good Man with Some Very Good Policies that frequently get ignored because he sits too politely through weak bodyings by the Tories every single Wednesday at PMQs. Listen, it’s an unlikely path – I’ve always thought a Labour leader should step down when they get the dreaded Stephen Hawking vote of no confidence – but no, you chose NORTH, so we’re going to stick with Corbyn and drive eyes closed into the next general election.

quote:

GO SOUTH
You go south, into the reality where Corbyn goes. Thing is, it’s fair to say Corbyn’s ascent to leadership in the first place was due at least in some part to an across-the-board personality vacuum in the entire Labour party, so without Corbyn there is a leadership election between a handful of anodyne, brown-haired, suit-wearing men – Owen Smith goes on Sunday Brunch in an attempt to win the popular vote and does something disastrous with an egg; Andy Burnham gets turned away from his own hustings event at a local school because nobody can quite verify who he is; while the party flirts with its usual let’s-pretend-we-might-elect-a-woman-for-a-bit-but-then-not-actually-do-that trick, which basically just descends into Jess Phillips telling Diane Abbott to gently caress off again. This process lasts eight months.

quote:

GO EAST
You go east and emerge in an olde tyme detective’s office, where, atop a leather-inlay writing desk, among a huge slippery pile of paper and files, you uncover a massive, massive anti-Corbyn MSM (mainstream media) conspiracy. You find a note saying “UNDERMINE CORBYN AT ALL COSTS” written in Rupert Murdoch’s handwriting; you find a Telegraph internal document about how to disrupt MSM conspiracy theorists by writing about the MSM conspiracy theory a lot; Tom Watson sits in a jar on the table, burbling slightly-open-to-interpretation epithets into the grey nothing. You knew it.

quote:

GO WEST
You go west, on to the most ominous path, where dark, gloomy stormclouds cluster around the tips of distant mountains, and the air crackles with electricity, and the trees shake in the wind, and Tony Blair is back, again, saying bad things about the Labour party and how it’s to blame for Brexit. “The debilitation of the Labour party is the facilitator of Brexit,” he says, Blairily, between New York Times op-eds and starting wars. Can any life survive beneath the looming Blair shadow? No. Aztecs beat you with clubs and drown you in the rapid water. Dinosaurs suck your bones dry of their marrow.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Will we get to celebrate Independence Day

And will Independence Day be when we invoked order 66 or when we actually leave

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

quote:

Arron Banks cuts links with Ukip

Arron Banks, the erstwhile Ukip donor, Nigel Farage ally and Leave.EU founder, has finally cut his links with Ukip.

He has been critical of the party for some time now, and has suggested he may stand against Ukip’s only MP Douglas Carswell at the next election, but now he has finally given up on the party after a row about his membership being suspended.

He has just issued this statement.

"Ukip has somehow managed to allow my membership to lapse this year despite having given [sic] considerably more than the annual membership fee over the past 12 months.

On reapplying I was told my membership was suspended pending my appearance at a NEC meeting.

Apparently, my comments about the party being run like a squash club committee and Mr Carswell have not gone down well.

I now realise I was being unfair to squash clubs all over the UK and I apologise to them.

We will now be concentrating on our new movement."

By “new movement”, Banks means the grassroots, populist movement that he plans to build up, based on the success Leave.EU had mobilising leave supporters using social media.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

great time to be in healthcare, let's hope the gov don't have to bring in private companies to boost nursing numbers

quote:

The number of EU nationals registering as nurses in England has dropped by 92% since the Brexit referendum in June, and a record number are quitting the NHS, it can be revealed.

The shock figures have prompted warnings that Theresa May’s failure to offer assurances to foreigners living in the UK is exacerbating a staffing crisis in the health service.

Only 96 nurses joined the NHS from other European nations in December 2016 – a drop from 1,304 in July, the month after the referendum.

At the same time, freedom of information responses from 80 of the 136 NHS acute trusts in England show that 2,700 EU nurses left the health service in 2016, compared to 1,600 EU nurses in 2014 – a 68% increase.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/18/nhs-eu-nurses-quit-record-numbers

of course the government has increased the limit on those who can train to be nurses at university by scrapping the bursary and giving everyone loans

quote:

The NHS is already under pressure because of a long-term failure to hire enough people. Applications for nursing courses plummeted by almost a quarter in a year after the government axed bursaries for trainees in 2016. Numbers fell by 9,990 to 33,810 in 12 months, according to figures released in February by the university admissions service Ucas.

Meanwhile, one in three nurses is due to retire in the next 10 years and there are 24,000 nurse jobs unfilled, RCN figures show.

Looke fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 18, 2017

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

this is bad for jeremy corbyn

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

quote:

Police: No terrorists have got into the building. Two have been caught
on Westminster bridge, one officer down.
We have been evacuated from Portcullis to Norman Shaw North. We have
hardly any phone signal. It is complete chaos- MPs have been told to
go back to their rooms. We are being told conflicting information
about where to go. Currently penned in a corridor with hundreds of
people.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...r-politics-live

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Kassad posted:

I just saw this tweet:

https://twitter.com/emmaclarkuk/status/844578406473912320

It might be true, then. Jesus.

hugely heartbreaking if true

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i would have thought jumped into the river to avoid the car coming at her

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

not sure children getting hurt is funny 'flaps, but there we go

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

ur on one today ratty

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the guardian has footage of the car racing across the bridge, and the woman falling into the thames, pretty harrowing stuff

Edit: BBC sorry

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/844675484411723776

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Fans posted:

Hey all, I don't do the mod voice thing often but if you could please refrain from musing over which MP's you'd prefer to die that'd be real nice.

Lol

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

that's pretty beefy

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

When you say private, do you mean as an add on to the work place pension as well??

For example I am currently paying into an NHS pension, would it be wise to take an additional one out?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

No you just need one. Private as opposed to state pension.

ok cool i get you, don't really know much about them pension things

Nenonen posted:

how gross is your salary?

if it's anything like him, competely

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

living in newcastle is terror enough tbh

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

british bombs for british landmarks

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

paul nutella tells muslims they aren't doing enough to stop extremism

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

My BA in Fine Sandwichery will finally pay off

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

was waiting for him to relate supervolcanoes to hitler

edit:27 Mar 1871
The first international rugby match takes place, between Scotland and England. Scotland win. :stonk:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

has anyone posted this yet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/846336035919421440

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

not sure if sarcasm, but they're the colours of the royal marines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

are you inviting me pissflaps?