Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

floofyscorp posted:

Today on the BBC and the Spectator: should disabled people be 'allowed' to be paid less than minimum wage? This woman in Brighton thinks so, because her daughter doesn't understand the concept of money anyway:

https://twitter.com/Emmabarnett/status/837234398374346752

(That 'Improving Lives' government paper that wilfully misinterprets research to conclude that being unemployed is bad for your health because work literally just makes you healthy makes me really, really angry)

can't they just round us up in camps if they want us dead so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Guavanaut posted:

They don't want you dead, they want you to suffer.

So much of the right wing moralist condition makes sense if you recognize this. They're against sex education so that unwanted pregnancies happen, against abortion so that they turn into unwanted births, and against benefits so that they become children living in poverty.

About the only thing that they are for is prohibition, punishment, and constrained 'traditional' roles. And misery, of course.

yeah it's ok though because I'm being very encouraged to get a job thanks to the lovely people at the goverment doing everything in thier power to make sure I can't get money.

i'm sure I just need to work harder obviously.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

big scary monsters posted:

Unemployables Sent On Permanent Butlins Holiday Paid For By YOUR Taxes

butlins is just a voluntary concentration camp

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Jose posted:

have you considered just not being disabled? its what they expect of you

never considered trying this.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
fucks sake.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Pochoclo posted:

My condolences to the families of the 4 victims and the wounded.

Unfortunately rear end in a top hat alt-right politicians are going to use this to destroy the lives of thousands. Looking forward to much more stringent immigration controls that will help prevent absolutely nothing.

it will actually literally just make the problem worse too.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Seaside Loafer posted:

Do the groups actually understand that this poo poo will make things worse for everyone including their brothers in the target nation or are they so blinded by the religion that they just don't give a gently caress. I refuse to believe that some of top level guys arent at a level of intelligence that they haven't actually thought for a moment 'you know what, all this 2nd coming, new york burning, 99 virgins in heaven whatever it is blah blah' stuff, might be a bit iffy.

I do get the Qaddafi plan when he couldn't fight back so he got up to monkey business but these lot don't even have a nation do they.

Maybe its a meta-plan to make us into a police state so we are so loving miserable we rise up and destroy it.

Its all beyond me.

loving religion man, gently caress all them and their followers.

all the police state poo poo will just radicalise more people and give them more soldiers, that's why most of the attacks target civilians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

big scary monsters posted:

I understand that it's unrealistic to ask people to ignore these attacks, because we're just wired up to see a single murder as far scarier than (for instance) the estimated 40,000 early deaths every year in the UK due to air pollution. Which basically nobody at all cares about no matter how much the clean air people scream.

But I feel nonetheless that if rather than being plastered across every aspect of the media for days on end, being discussed endlessly in Parliament, having billions of pounds thrown uselessly at preventing them, having the country go to war over them, etc., terrorist attacks were treated publicly like a rather less deadly disease than the flu, that would probably be better for the mental health of the country as a whole. And it would make terrorism less effective to boot.

Yeah but then how will the government enact really scary laws that can be massively abused?

Cleveland police won't stand for it

• Locked thread