Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I wish they had an animated version, even just using interpolated data. Seeing it whiplash back and forth as bubbles grew and shrunk would look so interesting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Capn Beeb posted:

What's that phrase or phenomenon where you're not fully sure if this is real or not and the level of satire or ridiculousness, especially given the current state of things, loops it back around to being believable?

Onion/Not-the-Onion superposition Phenomena

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie had a good 24 hours.

Maybe the media is playing 4 dimensional chess against donnie's 69 level? They make him seem good for a day so that tomorrow trash looks worse in comparison?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

KildarX posted:

At this point whether he's a Russian spy is debatable, direct or indirect collusion really isn't. I mean what's next, Betsy Devo's spent a winter in Russia studying Russian Schools or something?

Doesn't matter if he's a russian spy so much as he's got a few hundred million in loans from Russian banks and i'm starting to believe that the 19% Rosneft sale really was him benefiting.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Russians

https://twitter.com/dennysdiner/status/837041513649606656

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BigDave posted:

Job creation or not, it's still nice to see a 6% gain on my IRA. :chord:

Can I interest you reinvesting some of those gains into non-perishable goods and guns, or better still a proper 1970s fallout shelter? Gains are only what you get to keep.

Fallout shelters are good for retirement.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm waiting for his appearance on Pod Save America

:same:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Man you can call NK a lot of things, but “greatest immediate threat” is a loving joke

They are making a warhead a month, but are incredibly chaotic. Iran is on the cusp of being a nuclear power while having a functional economy. They're similar threats. At the scale of countries America can wail on if we're out for violence.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/senschumer/status/837730437564936192

Your move orange.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Zeroisanumber posted:

This is not just an expensive, massive target for thousands of Chinese cruise missiles. We're doing something important here.

We've got about six more years of Chinese anti ship missiles being very bad.

SwampDonkey posted:

Mitchell: Let me just clear up very briefly, do such transcripts exist? Is that what you’re saying?

Sen Coons: I have not seen them, I believe they exist.

Video

Should have ended with: "I can't comment on their existence" instead of a dumb 'I believe'

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

somebody please come to Idaho and play nightcrawlers with me :kiddo:

If there hasn't been an apocalypse or two along the way I'll be in Idaho for the summer.

I completely forgot that was even a game. I parsed that as MechWarrior 2 at first.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812302

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 4, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The net benefit of having women in a unit far out weighs the possibility they get pregnant and work a different gig for a while.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Xenoborg posted:

Whats the Navy's stance on contraceptives? If there's nothing to do on the ocean but gently caress, might as well give them some condoms.

Ships are so cramped that there's almost no way to get it on without being noticed. Granted most of us also don't care, but the general threat of being caught by someone who does care keeps people from boning. Sometimes this doesn't deter anyone, there are pretty well corroborated stories about chicks on carriers who are complete nymphos and everyone just sort of being silently ok with it until you have that one neck beard who is too ugly to get any.

ManMythLegend has probably heard the grapevine of whose doing who. The real risk is drama and people being angry over poon, not pregnancy.

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

thats not true. i never had access to condoms either time i deployed.

Was your doc some sort of evangelical abstinence only :biotruths:er or just comicly incompetent?

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 4, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

GODDAMMIT WHY IS LINDSEY GRAHAM NOW THE BEST GOOD GUY THAT WE HAVE

THIS IS SO hosed

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/838059440884477952

It's because He is actually SA poster Lindsey O. Graham and knows the stakes are real.

Also this town hall is so good. GOP with spines! Even a little.

I swear Trump is guilty of trying to burn democracy down if nothing else, but more likely on top of everything else because he's such a bafoon.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Counterpoint- he might never have ascended to the presidency or be such a chicken hawk if he had actually served in any capacity.

I don't think he'd still be around to destroy his family name if he served in any capacity.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I like the scary circles that reach america from missiles that don't even exist yet

The KN-08 does exist though. It's a redesign of a Russian missile. In fact it's the one they just test launched from this beautiful TEL that looks like a 1960s soviet tank.

We just don't know it's actual max range. But west coast is a good possibility atm

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Didn't that crash shortly after take off and was also though to be smaller missile as well?

No it did a 500x500 high lobbing arc iirc

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Zeris posted:

I dig how the president's top twitter antagonist has a misspelled first name and a car selfie for a profile pic.

Well have you seen your profile pic?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Pesticide20 posted:

You're confusing pissed off with pissed on

off and on, much like a lightswitch either is Tromps natural state

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39175704

BBC has it too.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
~*Cool 90’s Prodigy jams ring out in the back ground*~

Another one got outed today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested for Sending Death Threats on Twitter", "Hacker Arrested after Taking Down Some Left Wing Mine-Craft Servers"...

drat kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the script kiddie, into the Alt-Right? Did you ever wonder what made them tick, what forces shaped them, what may have molded them?

I am a Script Kiddie! Enter my world...

Mine is a world that begins with Habo Hotel... I'm more annoying than most of the other users, this crap they talk about bores me...

drat trolls. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I don’t understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I don't show my work, because I was buy posting dank memes”...
drat kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

But I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me...
Or feels threatened by me...
Or thinks I'm a smart rear end...
Or judges me for looking at pokemon Rule 34...
drat kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like UDP Packets through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a rare Pepe is found.

"This is it... this is where I belong...the Alt-Right"

I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all... Except not really...But that’s fine because I don’t really have any other friends...

drat kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your rear end we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for Doritos and mountain dew... the crumbs that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by feminists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us will-ing trolls, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

Very Poem!

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the inaccurate matrix references. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by triggered leftist snowflakes... Who we also simultaneously call thugs because they punch Nazis... And then we ourselves throw tantrums when you ban us from social media! OUR LOGIC IS FLAWLESS MATE!
We explore... and you call us Nazis. We post goatse on twitter, with Nazi flags... and you call us Nazis. We dislike people with certain skin colors, certain nationalities, and we have great religious bias... and you call us Nazis. (Maybe...they’re right? ...? NO! You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you make ghostbusters movies that we don’t like for some reason! You Murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, and We’Re AlL lIvInG iN a SiMuLaTiOn SETUP by warmonging (((Shilary Clinton))) working with ~Elon Musk~! YES!

I am the Alt-Right. My crime is that of being a loving rear end in a top hat. My crime is that of judging people because I have a severe case of internet induced depersonalization disorder... And I need to go outside a little bit! (Just a little bit!)

I am a Script Kiddie and a Nazi, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can stop us all... after all, we're all alike, in that we’re all a bunch of angry glorified image board trolls who if brains were made of lard would be hard pressed to grease a small loving pan!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Frosted Flake posted:

I read that as Quran-loving-tee. Seems accurate.

Quran-loving-tee a brown people quarantine.

Trump is a fat kid pretending to be dictator and enough people are just playing along because welp nothing matters.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Ffffffff my Facebook is already filled with conspiracy redhats:

quote:

#VAULT7 HOLY poo poo!! CIA hacking tools exposed! how's that Russian narrative now?

I'm really starting to wonder just how much of the population has fully embraced the Trump reality regardless of the consequences.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

shyduck posted:

Half of your Americans are retarded

Ftfy

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/839169474804711426

SHOOK!
:tif:

SwampDonkey posted:

Except it wasn't in reference to Americans.

America is ruining everything.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 7, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/SabrinaSiddiqui/status/839220095733891072

So didn't see this earlier, looks like the investigation actually is going somewhere.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 7, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Colonel Shim was unable to be reached for comment

Oh nevermind... :downsa: on it

Lake of Methane posted:

If I were looking to take advantage of this WikiLeak to discredit the intelligence community, and I were Russian, it seems like a good time to try to tie the drug epidemic there to CIA activity. “The Americans are responsible for kratom and Trump must reduce their influence!!”

That would require the Russian government to acknowledge its drug and HIV problem, which they refuse to do.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

The Iron Rose posted:

Honestly, probably the second.

It'd be worse for us in the short term what with the whole "no impeachment" thing but I have to question whether or not exposing and impeaching the President for being a Russian agent wouldn't do more harm to the country in the long run.

Metaphorically this is a live virus immunization for American democracy against authoritarianism. Except it turns out authoritarianism, nazis, and Ebola are all loving with our HIV that is the Tea Party.

We either learn from this and get rid of these people or the world continues downa dark path.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Let me tell you about the value of a good crossbow against chainmail

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/839883804315684864

:wrong:

https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/839884381112139776

Pisssssssssssss?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

isnt maxine waters kinda crazy

Bernie is also crazy. There are acceptable levels. Think of all the teapartiers who are outright unhinged for contrast/context.

And after thinking about it more the actual tape is probably just him and Ivanka 20 years ago. I think that may be worse than watersports

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I think bomber cockpits are climate controlled, let alone drone control rooms.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

P-Mack posted:

About half an hour if we start from North Dakota.

:perfect:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
*am Autistic Screaching*

In an environment of noncombulstible halon or CO2 the only intrinsic heat added to the fire is that from the limited self reaction of the battery. In a larger scale battery fire the mass of the battery represents a sizabale store of energy available at any given time and thus a battery fire is a serious issue. In a large battery fire the heat added far outstrips losses to ambient. Meaning that freshwater becomes the most important element of fire fighting since it has the capability of thermally mitigating the casualty as a whole.

Spraying PKP or AFFF on a minuscule lithium fire in some lawyers pocket wouldn't remove much more equivalent heat than no action at all; when compared to to heat removal of water when you just douse everything.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 10, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah HCT. Don't end up like me. My drinking and shitposting have skyrocketed in the last few months.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Godholio posted:

It's been almost two months. Do they still count as new?

Trump is somehow still our new fungal president, so yes, new.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Murder

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They should take more imo or at least spend it better. But yes, I still can't comprehend that americn people could go into major debt/bankruptcy from a child getting injured from being a child or just blind bad luck/genetics.

For reference, My sister was born premature and developed cancer. With two well employed parents who both had no limit insurance plans through work it still nearly beggared our family. While insurance squabbled in court over who was paying for what they still had to drain all their savings and retirements accounts and had to sell equity in their house to cover the incidental expenses that insurance wasn't going to cover anyway. Insurance eventually paid something in the millions and my parents out of pocket bill was something like $120k.

On a positive note my sister is now a really good oncology nurse at a very good hospital.

Health care is complicated.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

FrozenVent posted:

Welp, Breitbart just went off script. poo poo's about to get weird.

Do you think Breitbart is really just after chaos? That seems most likely to me at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

What, that doesn't sound like a surprising port call to me

• Locked thread