Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I still explode with cum over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
People souring on MGSV over time makes sense too because most of the problems with it are story related and specifically the end of the game, which is long as heck

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Nier isn't out till next week tho?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm happy they finally officially announced the pc release date for Nier and that its only 10 days later. I needed the breathing room to inhale all these good games.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Those uh sure are some games you got listed there...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

babypolis posted:

yeah what will switch owners do without yet another loving device for streaming netflix. hardly any of those around anymore

Hey um the reason that every device streams netflix is because its so easy to implement. Not for nintendo though. Thats the funny part.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

He is just the worst

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Also botw had like 100k people watching streams of it the last time I looked.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lttp should be on that list

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Not gonna lie, the framerate drops in botw bug me a lot. I wanna play the hd remaster on the Switch U

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jay Rust posted:

Doesn't the human eye have mirror lens shenanigans? Something weird

I think its something like the image projected onto the retina is upside down, but the brain flips it for us. Thanks brain

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Is the jontron freakout vid on youtube yet?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Not very funky imo

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Please do NOT talk about Nier until Friday thank you.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhEh4oy9YE

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Isn't it on a new engine with a mostly new dev team? Because that's about what it looks like. I'm sure they tried real hard :kiddo:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Never played a persona game but hell I'm still fairly hype for 5

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cyron posted:

So i assume the goons think that jim sterrling is the true review of zelda becuase he hates it. he is a awful reviewer with a shity fanbase. and ignoring the fact 4 weeks ago he made a video about how we should steel stuff from the nintendo store from times sqare and he don't respect anyone from there. goons will love anyone for being bad at their job. see D&D being all for Hillary.

Lol weird post

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

BexGu posted:

Its also makes getting the one sword that doesn't break that much more special and meaning full to get.

It does "break" tho

raditts posted:

If weapon durability didn't exist then you'd be able to get some of the strongest weapons in the game like half an hour in and then just carry those around wrecking poo poo constantly. Then you'd be complaining about how the game is too easy because it allows you to do that.

If they had designed without durability in mind they wouldn't have put the op weapons so close to the start.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
tfw you trigger a flurry attack when your weapon is about to break

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I really like the guardian theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS5oO-AI4NA

I'd imagine some people find it annoying tho

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I played a stupid amount of nier over the weekend and yeah its amazing. I was kind of taken aback at all the similarities it has to the original.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Franchescanado posted:

Did NIER: Automata fix the dumb side missions of the original NIER? That was the worst part of the original, especially that drat fishing mission.

Actually, it double downed on them :getin:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Anime isn't a genre though, but I do know what people mean when they say it that way.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Nice, can't melt down due to the powerful office ac unit. game set match

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

KingSlime posted:

I thought my post wasn't too unreasonable in tone, if you see that as a "melt down", you're 100% reinforcing my point you weirdos

It's not that emotionally taxing to write out an opinion on the internet guys, particularly when it involves something as universally disliked as the sexualization of young characters in media

you're the ones that are not normal is what i'm trying to get you to understand

Its a meme, definitely not tone deaf guy

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
ya that's why I have like 1500 unread posts in the nier thread.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its C&C red alert

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

haveblue posted:

Someone (rope kid maybe?) once posted in YCS a good rant about how the term RPG is a totally inaccurate label for what you actually do in those games and how we should make up a new label for character evolution games and apply the "role-playing" label to wide-open freeform sandboxes like Hitman. Always kinda regretted not saving it somewhere.

rpg owns as a term because its a great example of how language evolves based on common usage and not exact definitions and hey how come they call it reality tv??

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

MOBAs are good games. They're good at taking over the parts of your brain responsible for empathy and patience and replacing it with jungling strats.

You ever notice how its called "jungling" but the setting is more like a temperate forest :thinking:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Are destiny players excited for a sequel or are they mad that the "10 year plan" didn't work out?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ya know when your mom bought you a toy and you were so excited to go home and open it up? Well kids are basically mainlining that feeling directly into their eyeballs now

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

In Training posted:

NieR: Automata

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'd be very surprised if ff12 doesn't come to pc considering like every other game in the series is there now.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The whole JAPAN IS BACK BABY thing is annoying to me.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jay Rust posted:

If it's not on PC it doesn't exist for me

But enough about your social life :hehe:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its def an ARPG

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I don't think ds3 is the worst dark souls and the new dlc seems pretty good. I think people were heavily soured on it from the first dlc which was lacking.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
More like dork souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Grapplejack posted:

DS3 also had maybe the worst online since the two area covens didn't work and the game would heavily prioritize games where the host has a phantom already summoned. That plus the hornet ring instant kill means that every pvp fight was the exact same one people figured it out.

Tbf that stuff was patched to varying degrees. DS1 had terrible online on release that barely worked at all for many people not to mention the gravelords lol. I think DS2 has the best online and even with soul memory I could very consistently find people to match with.

• Locked thread