Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE-v13xtEZc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol jesus christ.

does this come out this year, I'll support anything Bethesda makes that isn't called Fallout because they're on a roll

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Hello Rare and Hat in Time devs, please remove Jontron's voice from Yooka-Laylee and Hat in Time thank you

https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/841051513212547072

he's turning into Notch at this rate, caught in a vortex of constantly being pissed

he makes like 1 video every few months how does he even make money

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I finished Inside, it was mostly okay, good even, but the ending was hilariously dumb and I'm sick of indie devs doing the ambiguous storytelling thing. I mean I'm not really because I like it, but i feel like I liked it more before everyone started doing it.

I heard it was some brilliant ending? I hated Limbo, it bored me to loving tears and Inside looked more of the same from the demo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The theory that Andromeda is a Galaxy Quest-style parody of the original series gains more and more traction

holy poo poo I'd love a legit comedy version of ME presented as this wacky Galaxy Quest TV series, with each mission presented as an episode.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't played it past the demo yet but I'm still finding myself really annoyed, having bought it*, that the demo of Nier Automata is pretty non representative

The open world stuff in BotW is actively driving me away from that and it's the most acclaimed Zelda in ages, I don't think Nier Automata is going to stand much of a chance for me

* Never Preorder

the open world poo poo in Nier I've completely and utterly ignored, it's not really a thing besides traversing some environments and once fast travel points are opened it's even less of a thing.

If you hate exploring open worlds then yeah BOTW isn't for you, the allure is exploring stuff on your own and being rewarded for it and doing what you want in order to achieve the end

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

BOTW is a hell of a first Zelda game and I can only imagine how disappointed someone would be going towards something like Skyward Sword or virtually any of the 3D games afterward knowing they can't jump and climb around everything and absolutely need 3 macguffins to get a thing and then get 7 more macguffins.

Link Between Worlds had the right idea with "do whatever in any order and also have ALL the items right away" but BOTW took it to the logical extreme, which I like.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

Is BotW in the running for best open-world game ever? It's kind of sounding that way

Witcher 3 still holds the gold standard for me in terms of a world full of interesting stories and discoveries. Still mindblowing how they created so much. I never even played the expansions but got over 90 hours on the base game alone, I had so much fun doing anything and everything for people.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

The music in Nier is really cool because there's like 6 or 7 different versions of every song that fade in and out depending on what's happening, and completing side quests will change the music for a bit relating to what happened in the side story. Neat touch

Nier has suchan incredibly beautiful collection of songs that really capture moments of innocence and determination. Everything from the tune in the robot forest village to the post-Flooded City desperately looking for people, the soundtrack supports perfectly. At times it's very minimalist but I could listen to those tracks for hours.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

isn't tony hawk 2 the one with Spider-Man? if so then I fully support that as the rightful king

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fridge corn posted:

i want an assassins creed game set in Hong Kong or Tokyo

just play Mark of the Ninja

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how does a youtuber who only made like 4 loving videos in the last 12 months have 3 million subscribers. like I can see why pewdiepie has zillions because he makes dumb poo poo every week but jontron barely makes loving anything

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Something about society just turns white teenage boys into the most miserable shits in the universe. I would like to believe there is an equivalent on another planet somewhere out there but I doubt it.

youtube is just a mode of social darwinism now because you wouldn't want any of those people actually at your job or interacting with people anyway. thank you pewdiepie for thinning out the numbers

In Training posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator

I think you have to pay a small fee for Baiken and Answer this year but it'll probably be worth it anyway because Xrd owns and gives you a complete experience. It's probably the most densely packed fighting I've played since maybe Tekken Tag Tournament 2

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Joke's on you, when they all enter their 30s and lose their popularity, they're gonna have to go back. What will you do then?

go back where, to school to learn how to do an actual occupation? I'm not worried about Jacksepticeye 2.0 showing up at my office, I don't think any of these guys would be able to handle an actual job that isn't streaming videogames all day

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

You can earn them all in game except for the ugliest ones which cost like 99 cents which is a good troll

man it kills me that ArcSys doesn't do actual costumes for characters, I'd absolutely buy them all. Would love to have Holy Order Sol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if there was an Ouya device that only pumped out a new megaman game every 3 months would you kickstart it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Earth Table posted:

What kinda megaman game we talkin here

would you rather have Megaman X or Megaman NES 9 or 10 poo poo?

The GBA at one point was a Megaman machine because you got a new Battle Network or Megaman Zero game every 3 or 4 months, I have no idea how they pumped those all out. GBA also had 2 loving Metroid games, 3 "Tactics" games, 2 Advance Wars/Fire Emblems, and like 4 or 5 Kirbys.

Macaluso posted:

This but a new Donkey Kong Country Returns game. Of only Minecart and Rocket Barrel levels. Only delivered to my door. Also pizza.

If Nintendo wants another mobile games idea then this would be a good start because I loved those levels

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sefal posted:

Not snowing, pretty good weather actually but i'm going through NieR atm. got ending A yesterday. Going through a second playthrough tonight.

I'm anxious to finish playthrough 1 so I can truly know what it's like to be android scum

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bloodychill posted:

I finished the water dungeon in BotW last night and it was really, really cool. That was the first time I thought "wow" multiple times while going through a thing. I'm getting into the groove of this game.

same, I was pretty surprised and proud of myself figuring out how to get on the trunk terminal.

Arrows are so required in so many parts of the game I'm starting to think I should buy like a 100-arrow bulk now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

which alien are you guys going to gently caress first in Mass Effect Andromeda, Prince Catface Fatneck, or the scaly-faced catlizard lady

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

My favorite part abou all the fantastic games that have come out in the last few weeks is uhhhhh I saw a guy on YouTube was racist. Y'all seen South Park

be the change u want to see in the world, friend

let's talk about Nier Automata which is a Platinum game that makes you want to kill everything and then swiftly makes you feel horrid for killing these innocent robots trying to protect a fake robot child. Gotta think Yoko Taro did this on purpose knowing how fun combat would be, then taking away your satisfaction about owning these poor fuckers.

Guy Mann posted:

When they revealed what the females of his species look like I legitimately thought it was a photoshop until I saw it in motion.

it's literally just the male model stretched and squeezed over an hourglass figure, poo poo is batshit

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

There's a combat battle log that's kind of a piece of throwaway data in Automata and it lists the active dates for a combat robot and also Highest Combo lol

"this is how many times I've juggled this rotund toy-looking rear end in a top hat"

I like that there's a compendium but I wish it had DOOM-levels of inane text for each robot

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Malek posted:

You mean like the ME3 ending? :v: Heyoooooooooooooooo

I will miss the sexual misadventures of EDI, a ship AI who literally becomes a fucktoy in ME3, but the additions of Catface Fatneck, Turtle Woman, Not Wrex, Hipster 30 to 50something Lady, Obligatory Non-white Human Broseph, and Peewee the Asari will surely fill the hole in my heart.

I miss warrior monk Thane, murderjoke Grunt, Quarian teenager, and Yvonne Strahovski already

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Serf posted:

Man, between Prey and the fact that they're making a System Shock 3 I am pretty happy about the future of space horror RPGs.

enemies that can disguise themselves as coffee cups and chairs is pretty nuts, as well as being able to become a cup. Arkane is a fantastic developer.

Real hurthling! posted:

i tried out the 360 castlevania may cry game today. forget the name but i know its the original 2 disc one, not the sequel. seemed pretty cool, is it well regarded?

if this is Lords of Shadow then I think the first was regarded ok, but certain open world or stealth segments in the second one tanked it. It's a shame since they legit tried to reboot Castlevania with an adequate God of War feel and a beautiful engine but that kind of game was so incredibly widespread in everything from Dante's Inferno to Metatron. I wish Konami would have sold Castlevania to Nintendo or Sega.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I remember John Walker from RPS reviewing Hyperlight Drifter and giving it a bad review because he couldn't even beat a single boss/ after that review I never read anything they ever bothered to publish again. how to do you not have an editor say "gently caress you" to that weakass poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition was called a "return to form" for Bioware for long enough that I stupidly bought it, not falling for that again.

mindblowing on "Crash won an Oscar" levels of bullshit that, in a year where we got Mario Kart 8, Smash Brothers 4, and Bayonetta 2(!!) the GOTY went to DA:I for a majority of outlets. It was the year before the PS4/X1 actually found their footing so maybe everyone who didn't have a WiiU was just loving desperate because the choices were down to Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

now all we need is a really awful collection of nickelodeon cartoon games, or perhaps a 2-pack of the SNES Chester Cheetah games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Hey guys I think the new Mass Effect game might be good they really took the series to a new direction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zUilV_oemg

Jesus loving CHRIST

I guess I'll use my $30 trade-in monies towards Persona 5, then.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Bioware's trying to see how little effort they can put in a AAA title and still have it sell well and be positively reviewed.

idk, in a slow year it might have that chance like Inquisition did, but coming off a juggernaut slew of titles and a few still coming (Persona, Prey) it's going to be tough to justify looking over any flaws. The poo poo I'm seeing from streams basically boiling down to "combat better, everything else character, animation, and storywise horrid" so I guess this is the Xenoblade Chronicles X of the ME series

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ME2 set a big benchmark for really fun characters and writing and great pacing. You're getting even less squadmates in the new game and probably worse writing from the looks of it. The combat looks really improved but, as some people have said, the fact that the old guard who made Dragon Age 1+2 and ME 1+2 are now long gone and we now have a lot of the people who did Inquisition means things are very different, poo poo, even Andromeda has a "rift" storyline.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol holy gently caress that wild card drop. this might actually be amazing.

Sakurazuka posted:

What has sold people on Prey? I haven't seen or heard much about it other than 'might be a bit like System Shock' and you can turn into a cup???

same as others have said, it's from Arkane who have done wonders with Dishonored, have a great engine in place and all the previews have been glowing about it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

What's a good game that isn't fun?

Last Of Us sticks out to me as a great game that actually isn't that fun to play in any way

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Lars Von Trier is really good at making the viewer feel like poo poo.

Von Trier would really love LISA

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah TWEWY has a pretty cool style that actually works in the game's context, boobholster villain character aside. huge shame they never capitalized on making a sequel for the WiiU but maybe there's hope for the Switch, would be a real killer app.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That makes no sense to me. I don't enjoy wrestling games at all but that doesn't mean all wrestling games are bad and I wouldn't ever say they are.

Like even if you don't personally enjoy a game to think literally every game you don't enjoy is bad is weird not in the least because nobody likes every genre and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd rightly laugh at someone who went "You know, Undertale is bad, it doesn't have enough shotguns" or "DOOM 2016 is bad because I can't befriend the monsters."

the 2k games are objectively horrible though but you can have fun with them trying to make monstrosities and constantly glitching I suppose

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

MGS3 is often regarded as the best one in the series but it's also the least fun, at least for me

after the excellent controls and smoothness of MGSV I find it somewhat excruciating to play MGS3, which I still love but it starts to show its age in a lot of ways now. Subsistence at least let you have camera control, i have no idea how I played through that game the first time without that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOgvdbl314

i'm not mad or anything because I only spent two hours making it but it's still a bummer to get such a low payout

LOL this is great, thank you for this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wonder whatever happened to 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harrow posted:

Breath of the Wild has great music, just not a lot of it. I'm glad there's not much prominent background music for general exploration because I think it would get old given how much time you spend running around, but I do wish that the dungeons and bosses had totally unique music instead of different instrumentations of the same music.

I was relieved I wouldn't have to listen to the same triumphant loving theme for 50 hours so the ambiance was a tremendously welcome change. More games could learn from this , particularly XCX which was intent on driving you insane with its godawful 30 to 60 second loops of horrid music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why hasn't any other developer done the beard growth technology from Witcher 3? It was cool that you could go several ingame days and then have a rich full beard but also shave it or change your hairstyle.

• Locked thread