Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Lurdiak posted:

I hope March is the month where RCRU becomes as good as I thought it was gonna be.

I really worry to the devs of RCRU are only seeing the positive feedback and not the concerns people have. Or just ignore it and claim "that's how it was in the original".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

MinibarMatchman posted:

do what I'm doing, friend: buying all three in the Target sale next week and watch your brain melt

Oh, what are the details of the sale?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Speaking of Early Access the real successor to Descent Overload is coming out to early access on March 13th. The playable Teaser was really good so I have high hopes for the project overall.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Earth Table posted:

What kinda megaman game we talkin here

Monkey's Paw: Its gonna be Mighty Number 9 forever and ever and ever......

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is the new Prey going in the System Shock 2 creeping horror direction? I've not heard that much about it honestly.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I met CliffyB in 2000 at E3 (if you were a goon you could go up to him and say hi and I did) and he was a really gracious, genuine guy. We chatted about games for 20 minutes and watched an Epic presentation together, and he gave me some inside scoops. Just a real cool cat to hang with. I'm sad that minor celebrity seems to have gotten to him.

Didn't Randy Pitchford say something similar ("this is for your girlfriend") about the Robomancer in Borderlands 2? Implying that your ladyfriend was bad at games by default and needed a helper.

It was a random BL2 developer I believe and he was talking about a skill in one side of the Robomancer skill tree that increase damage/accuracy every time the player missed, calling it something like "girlfriend mode". Honestly the heart was in the right place on helping out people that might not be that hot at FPS but it came out kind of weird.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

FirstAidKite posted:

Xeno 2 was the last time I preordered a game.

Unrelated, but how bad is the weapon durability thing in the new Zelda? I heard that some people are really mad about it so I'm wondering how bad it actually is.

poo poo is going to break and the first couple of weapons (sticks, rusted swords, etc) maybe last a enemy or two. The flip side is that when the current weapon is about to break throw it at the current monster for extra damage and then grab HIS weapon. This includes skeleton arms. For the first couple of hours my best weapon was a never ending supply of constantly twitching skeleton arms.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish they made it more clear that there's a korok guy who expands your inventory because I had found like 90 korok seeds before eventually looking up what they were even for

The funny part is that dude is right there on the road to the first village you are suppose to go to but every one ends up just exploring/climbing over mountains to get there and completely miss him.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Gaspy Conana posted:

Weapon durability, while def a bit crappy for lower powered weapons, is the entire reason they were able to do away with a leveling/standard RPG progression system. There's an immense amount of freedom in being able to just sneak somewhere and grab OP equipment that you wouldn't otherwise be able to wield.

Its also makes getting the one sword that doesn't break that much more special and meaning full to get.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Keep the theme that Breath of the Wild was a remake of the NES Legend of Zelda and remake Adventure of Link as Legend of Zelda: Dark Souls edition.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'm not really interested in playing all of the lovely games from my youth, just some of them.

Have you considered a Retropie? Depending on what kind of price point you want to hit there are a ton of options.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Lurdiak posted:

The list of bugs and design issues keeps shrinking, but there are still some outstanding big ones....

What are big ones to look out for before buying now?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

cams has not really been taking people making fun of ME:A very well.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

mutata posted:

I still have no idea what this means. I must be getting old

cams is the name of the poster in question.

cams posted:

you are either ignorant of what i'm actually saying or are intentionally misrepresenting it so you can win an internet argument against yourself

aaaaa goons are boring scum just permaban me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Regy Rusty posted:

There were two different special Gamecube Zelda discs yeah. One was the collection of Zelda 1, 2, OOT, and MM (and a windwaker demo). The other was Master Quest. I dunno what the conditions were for getting each of them since I just bought the former from some kid on my block so I could finally play all the stuff on it besides OOT.

It was to buy enough Nintendo games (I think it was either two or three) and registrar their codes online. I cheated the system and rolled through blockbuster writing down as many codes as possible and ending up getting the Master Quest.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Franchescanado posted:

Is Dying Light any good? It looks like Dead Island, which was fun for an hour and then became boring and monotonous.

Dying Light is great. It has a great movement system that allows a incredible range of motion for Zombie Killing that gives you a spider man grabbing hook after about a hour or so. The melee combat is fun and the sneaking around during the night/closed environments is tense and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Lakbay posted:

Any hyped or notable releases between Persona 5 and Prey? Looks like we're getting back to a normal release schedule after The Gaming Deluge of 2017

I wanna see what the patch schedule for Mass Effect Andromeda is gonna look like next week. Kinda sucks that is even getting a teaser instead of just stating it.

• Locked thread