Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
It's Ash Wednesday, and I was awoken by the sound of the church bells here in Ireland and the mastiff hounds have been released to round up the population to go to Mass. So we can get our ashen blessings:

So now we all have to give up something important and meaningful to us for Lent, to represent sacrifice and also because we're sinful, sinful little fuckers who're going to hell.

So what're you giving up for Lent?

*You can'y give up Lent for Lent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Religion.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

More like Trash Wednesday.

bedpan posted:

Religion.

My brother gave up blasphemy for lent one year. :v:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Chicken sold by Subway. I am already 50% there even if I don't stop eating it.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I'm going to give up caring about lent and anything about it.

Works for me every year, gonna keep that tradition up.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

ballistics statistics posted:

I'm going to give up caring about lent and anything about it.

Works for me every year, gonna keep that tradition up.

You're supposed to sacrifice something you enjoy, not just give up anything. I am starting to suspect that you never cared about lent and you're not taking this seriously.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

not sucking ducks.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

hip check please posted:

not sucking ducks.

leave thr ducks alone

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Drive thrus, walk ups, and roundabouts

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Your mum, OP.

Also, your mum jokes.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I'm giving up 1990s superhero movies with black leading men. So, for 30 days, no Blade, no Meteor Man, no Blankman, no Steel, Solo is still okay, I think. G*d bless u Mario Van Peebles.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Ork of Fiction posted:

I'm giving up 1990s superhero movies with black leading men. So, for 30 days, no Blade, no Meteor Man, no Blankman, no Steel, Solo is still okay, I think. G*d bless u Mario Van Peebles.

No Spawn ether.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Ork of Fiction posted:

Do the Netflix Marvel shows count? Cause Iron Fist is about to come out and Luke Cage is in it.

Edit: He's black I think.

Edit 2: Oh, 90's movies. Crisis averted.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

hip check please posted:

No Spawn ether.

He's an anti-hero. :smugdog:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm giving up civility and all manners, you potato shaped piece of garbage.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Ork of Fiction posted:

Can I just say that meteor man is a great fun movie?

Oops, but the guy that plays him looks like a real jagoff.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
Catholics has so little to enjoy already. Why are they making you give up more stuff?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I'm giving up pokemons. (because it's ASH wednesday)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm gonna give up poo poo posting. Its gonna be pure gold from me.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm giving up the food in my intestines due to Mardi Gras drinking

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm giving up blood. I'll probably die because I'm a vampire but that's okay.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'm not religious and I'm not giving up anything.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
will be avoiding all pop up bars, cafes and restaurants this year

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!

The Dennis System posted:

I'm not religious and I'm not giving up anything.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
nothign

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oxygen

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Haha nice.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

my virginity

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
One of the weirdest things about growing up in the South (of the U.S.) was hearing protestants discuss what they were going to give up for lent. Why do protestants so desperately want to pretend to be Catholics 40 days out of the year when they hate Catholics so much the rest of the time? I will never understand.

To answer your question, OP, I am giving up nothing because I am not Catholic. Or protestant.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'mma give up pepsi, the devil's cola, and downgrade myself to coke, and to the lord

Hail satan before then tho

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
loving your wife!

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
anyone ever given up lent? seems like a pretty sweet loophole

Mr Beef Head
Feb 26, 2017
I'm giving up for Lent. Just gonna let it all spiral out of control. Ashes seem appropriate since that's probably where this will all end up.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007

Mr Beef Head posted:

I'm giving up for Lent. Just gonna let it all spiral out of control. Ashes seem appropriate since that's probably where this will all end up.

if you need an excuse like lent to give up then you've hosed up real bad and may as well just continue

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i guess i'll stop scooping out the middle of my roommate tom's wonderbread loafs and then balling it up and microwaving it and stashing it under my nuts while I laze on the couch and watch the newest episode of the bachelor i call it my bread egg and pretend i'm incubating it and that some day it will hatch and become the child i have been told i will never be able 2 have

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I'm not giving up jerking off that's for fuckin sure

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

social vegan posted:

i guess i'll stop scooping out the middle of my roommate tom's wonderbread loafs and then balling it up and microwaving it and stashing it under my nuts while I laze on the couch and watch the newest episode of the bachelor i call it my bread egg and pretend i'm incubating it and that some day it will hatch and become the child i have been told i will never be able 2 have

dude...

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
forums.somethingawful.com

AH poo poo....guess I'm going to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

givepatajob posted:

forums.somethingawful.com

AH poo poo....guess I'm going to hell.

owned.

• Locked thread