Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Intruder posted:

I don't necessarily disagree with you but this is really disingenuous

He was fantastic on a team that used him correctly last season

Titans have arguably the best O-line in the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Raku posted:

I mean that's still 3 less than Big Jim

Kelly had a much worse roster.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

I was just making a joke about other things people never seem to understand :(

I got it and thought it was pretty drat funny

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

89 posted:

I just realized Sam Bradford threw for almost 4,000 yards and had a 20:5 TD to INT ratio last year.

That's really not bad at all

He also led the league in completion percentage, I think. Or downfield completion percentage. Not a HoF stat by any means but I've been saying he's a good QB in poo poo circumstances for a couple of years now. Imagine if the Vikes get an o-line worth a poo poo and/or find a running game.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

:lol: Of course he already had a tattoo from when it was called LP Field.

Child please, just wait until I post my Mojave Raiders tat pics

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Spintzel posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They literally bought a draft pick

Yeah, and it's a pretty great move if they can flip Osweiler for anything and dump half his salary.

edit:

annnnnnnnnd here's the other shoe dropping-

https://twitter.com/RapeSheet/status/839957943433003008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 9, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Diqnol posted:

Given that the Raiders let Murray walk, is their plan to run with Taiwan Jones and that FB or does that mean RB in the draft?

I expect they'll draft a back, more in the power back/between the tackles type with Washington and Richard on the team. Second or third day.

Gonz posted:

It could also result in Adrian Peterson or Jamaal Charles becoming a Raider.

AP wants too much money, isn't much of a receiver and is a bad in pass pro. Charles might be good for an incentive laden deal but the Raiders have so far not shown any interest in either guy. Personally, I'd prefer to just draft a back, not a fan of FA RBs.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

hifi posted:

drat he's got long arms

M-Mods?!!?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Roasted Donut posted:

Report: School District Says Le’Veon Bell Is Barred From Wisconsin Prom Dance

Ah, so the girl was white

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

Funny how noted rapists Jamesis Winston and Ben Rothelisberger are still starting in the NFL, but Colin Kaepernick can't find a job because he didn't stand for the national anthem.

Kaepernick is poo poo but yanno, ~muh narratives~

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

swickles posted:

Kaep went 16/4 last year and had the highest drop rate from his receivers while playing with a complete dumpster fire of a team. If he went to a team like the Texans or even Rams where there is a good defense and some decent offensive weapons, he would probably be closer to his Super Bowl year.

lol no. That 16/4 might be the most deceiving stat ever. He's an option QB in a league where that doesn't work anymore(helloooooo RG3) who can't make reads, holds the ball all day and has zero touch. He's been waiting for a starter offer, not back up/ stop gap money.

I'm not saying his politics haven't hurt him- he won't be starting for the Jets or backing up Cam Newton anytime soon but it's a bit overblown.

e:

Spoeank posted:

Speaking of noted piece of poo poo Colin Kaepernick, he helped get a plane to Somalia to get food and water there a few days ago and donated $50k to Meals on Wheels today

and with that said, he's a super cool dude

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ehud posted:

There was an article a couple of days ago that quoted a league exec that said teams won't sign Kaep because "they hate him" for the protests or they don't personally care about the protests but don't want to deal with A DISTRACTION so they won't sign him

yeah, I named two. This league has employed multiple DUI homicide dudes, plenty of DV guys and at least one or two suspected murderers, if Kap was good enough he'd have been signed day one. He'll end up a back up somewhere, though.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Rg3 didn't fail because his system doesn't work he failed because his knee got destroyed making it impossible for him to do his system.

Kap can still contribute but you do have to build with him in mind which is daunting but for lovely teams it's worth a shot.

He got destroyed a lot because he's made of glass and not a pocket passer.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

hifi posted:

Why did he only bring the one

Daughters are home churning butter with the wimmin folk

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

Lol. Johhny Football can't play on the Browns cuz he sucks has people musing about upside. Kaep one fade away from winning a Super Bowl can't get job.

Reminder that Kaep was available a year ago at this time for trade and SF didn't get a single offer for him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Kalli posted:

You mean when teams would have to give up picks and Kaep had a large contract with huge guarantees if he was injured?

Come on man

He was available for a mid round pick and would have to renegotiate his contract. That kind of stuff happens all the time. True though, Denver did inquire but gave up pretty fast

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 23, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Kalli posted:

Teams didn't want to give up picks for a mediocre starter and that explains why he's now viewed as worse then the shitawful garbage currently infesting rosters like EJ Manuel.

That plus he supposedly wants double digit millions. EJ Manual is getting $800k, non-guaranteed. Kaep will get signed when he eventually comes down on his asking price and be a back up somewhere.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

I really think it's worth considering RG3 as well--he was absolutely ruined by Washington.

huh, this bad narrative still exists

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Happy Birthday to my dumb, gay, eye liner-wearing, bible thumping QB

https://twitter.com/MarquetteKing/status/846876901952053248

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

This has probably been posted before but it's the first time I've seen it

https://twitter.com/ZachSDunn/status/818134644206039040

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Chichevache posted:

There have only been three replies, and I still can't believe that Bell, Ben, and Brown weren't mentioned.

Chichevache posted:

How many games do you think all three will be on the field for this year?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Uterine Lineup posted:

DJ Hayden & Menelik Watson.

We won that trade by virtue of both guys giving us comp picks back.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

I remember DJ Hayden getting drafted at 12 and everyone being like "Who?" We all sorts of hosed that draft up.

Nah, bottom half was pretty good and we're getting comp fodder for the top two.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

a neat cape posted:

No you see the Raiders would never do that because warcrimes said there's a no tolerance policy

He's a lovely pass blocker, doesn't run out of the shotgun and is ineffective catching out of the backfield

Those are the reasons.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Yeah but that's not really a hard thing to work around. We ran shotgun because it was the most effective way to run the offense. If AP was healthy and good, there'd more incentive to go under center and run playaction and whatnot. And yeah, I heard he was looking for 8 million, but usually the guys going for money take the biggest contract they get right out of the gate in free agency. AP is holding off on signing so obviously he's got more on his mind than just cash, and he's talked about the Raiders and Patriots a few times.

https://twitter.com/Borsilli/status/848917137418801152

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

I'm not sure who'd I prefer out of the two from a purely football standpoint tbh. Obviously prefer Lynch the person though.

To me, this isn't even debatable. Lynch fits the system to a tee. AP doesn't and it makes no sense to run an offense to cater to a 31 yo one-dimensional RB when we have Derek Carr. Zero sense.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

One dimensional?

That term may convey the idea that I think he's not good, which is silly. He's an all time great but needs an AP-centric offense to really shine. He doesn't pass block(you understand that this is a huge problem, right?) and doesn't really catch the ball out of the backfield, a big part of the Raiders offense.

Lynch has experience from the pistol, offset and I-formations, the Raiders run these and use the pistol a LOT. He's a plus pass blocker and a much better receiver. Carr likes to throw to his backs. On the fluff side, he's from Oakland, lives in Oakland and has always wanted to play for the Raiders, I think there'd be some extra motivation there.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol I was asking what you meant by one dimensional and you follow it up with this. Great discussion technique.

I disagree on a few points but no offense I don't think you're intelligent enough to discuss this. No offense tho. You understand me calling you stupid isn't meant to be mean right?

You asked why I thought he was one dimensional and I answered. I meant no insult with my blocking question. The Raiders live and die by Derek Carr. Being able to effectively pass block isn't just another bullet point, it's essential.

e: what huge case? I think Lynch is a better fit, on the field and off.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I disagree on a few points but no offense I don't think you're intelligent enough to discuss this. No offense tho. You understand me calling you stupid isn't meant to be mean right?

Oh, I totally understand. *drools onto keyboard*

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Chargers off-season program starts next week. At Chargers park in San Diego.

It's closed to the public

You know it's been your Goon Draft pick for almost twelve hours. Again.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

a neat cape posted:

And it's gonna be 14, you whiny pissbitch

lol

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

King Hong Kong posted:

He just needs to go to a Raiders game to achieve that.

haha whose team plays in an empty stadium?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

King Hong Kong posted:

Yours (but San Diego is worse, to be fair).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

King Hong Kong posted:

13. SF: 8 games for a total of 561,424; 70,178 average; 102.4%
32. Oakland: 7 games for a total of 382,088; 54,584 average; 86.6%

The season tickets are sold out. Which is even more hilarious as people arent showing up for games they've already paid for.

• Locked thread