Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Paladinus posted:

How would you know if she kept quiet?

It was a boy

hawowanlawow posted:

We've been over this in another thread, that was made up

No it wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Nermal. posted:

I found the conversation so ridiculous I started telling it to friends and family, and revealed that she wasn’t alone in this assumption :magical:

Also known as Holocaust Deniers.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

gbut posted:

Who do you think Obama is collecting the guns for?

he collected them and sent them to Mexico.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Remakes/reboots have nothing to do with Hollywood's lack of creativity and everything to do with retaining property rights.

Here's a weird/funny pic.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It predates cell phones. I forget the details but at the time electronic devices could legitimately gently caress up something plane related. It isn't true anymore and hasn't been for a while but they ask anyway.

And they also want you to put those devices away for a few minutes to listen to safety instructions. Not that anybody listens anyway. But the idea is basically "please turn it all off and stow it. Now pay attention to these instructions in case there is an emergency. Now go ahead and play Candy Crush."

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Zzulu posted:

Isn't this literally what the average american looks like nowadays? Isn't your country grotesquely fat

Yes. We all look like that.

Also, every British person has horrible teeth, every French person has horrible body odor, every Chinese person is a terrible driver, etc.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Ben Shapiro isn't a nazi, woman-hater, trans-hater, right winger, whatever.

He's actually worse.

His entire show is scripted. He makes a fuckload of money pandering to people who are nazis/woman-haters/trans-haters/etc. I mean, he might believe some of what he says, but the reality is he's just saying all that to get ratings and money. It's the slimiest thing.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

DandyLion posted:

'The Great Land of Small' was another such movie and there's this hosed up scene (that really cost me some therapy later in life)

Of all the funny things in this thread this is by far the funniest.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

quote:

Miles vs Peter nonsense

Ummm...there's a pretty glaring difference between the two that has nothing to do with powers or family members.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Paladinus posted:

So you're a virgin then?

Wish we could say the same about your cats.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Paladinus posted:

My only cat died a virgin. So, heh, you just implied that you hosed my dead cat.

Well it had the harness so duh.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Woebin posted:

Who the heck puts salt on a hot dog?

Celery salt.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

MrUnderbridge posted:

New York System fan spotted!

Chicago.

gently caress New York.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

A Moose posted:

I read somewhere that a lot of "teenage mischief" of the explosives and vandalism kind are mostly because of lead poisoning. When boomers are all "i rode around strapped to the front of my buddy's pickup and i turned out fine" a lot of that risky behavior is caused by brain damage from leaded gasoline. Like, toddlers would absolutely destroy mailboxes if they could, but by the time they gain the ability to do stuff like that, they've also developed enough mentally to not do stuff like that for the most part. Boomers were brain damaged, and rich kids never had to grow up or mentally develop. Some people are just lovely/crazy too though.

Also vaccines cause autism.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Is that baby related to Ice Cube

Oh, all babies look the same to you, huh?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
all Greek to me.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Drift sideways, kill both :unsmigghh:

Thank you for repeating the joke.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I pee in a bed with my wife

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Underrated movie. Between that and the underwater bar fight, it did some really creative stuff. It helps that I also know a little German.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Stoatbringer posted:

Just follow the sounds of the blowjobs.

Okay, I'm at your mom's house. Now what?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Disagree. The one way to improve SNL is to do no research and book some crazy loving music act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frud5RFtTi0

Oh Belushi knew exactly what he was doin when he got them to perform.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Was pretty shocked when i realized this was a lady.

It feels like its way more rare to see this kind of performative chuddery from women, but i don't know why. Obviously not the only example, but still.

Wait until you find out that pretty much the entire movement for Confederate statues being built and the whole preserving of the South's history/heritage bullshit thing was conceived and carried out by a group of women (United Daughters of the Confederacy).

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Beachcomber posted:

Hey, this is really NSFW, so maybe link it instead?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

DONT MEAT
NO INSIDE

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

The Ape of Naples posted:

Lol. "I make money off of this so it's cool and good"

No. This is always the bullshit answer. It's always "your" fault. I've seen over a dozen of therapists over the years. Some for months. Some through hospitals some I've researched on my own. I've 'shopped' around out of pocket to see if I found one I liked. None have done anything and I truly mean anything. None have ever said anything of note or helpful. None have had any positive impact. None, to a person, have been insightful. None have even tried.

I've had great success with plumbers, doctors, had some bad mechanics. Dentists have been pretty good. Not a single therapist have provided anything.

Blaming the person seeking help is basically predatory. I've come to all of them out of desperation, at my lowest. And then at a new nadir. And all have just exploited me. They were all happy to take my money week after week. Sometimes a couple of times a week. They were all happy to do so. None ever said, "hey maybe this isn't working out". You should seek out someone else. They took money I barely had. Complained that I was on their sliding scale. They were quick to bring up billing when I decided to call it quits. Once, when I was hospitalized, I had a therapist ask the psych I was seeing about the money I owed her from the session I missed in the hospital. They're ghouls. I've had deeper conversations with people in the queue at the supermarket and received more empathy.

No, gently caress therapists. I've dealt with enough of them to judge their lot accurately.

Maybe you're just a colossal gently caress up.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Please tag your gore.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Data Graham posted:

Wasn't he responsible for like 78% of internet comedy culture circa 1999-2005?

oh yeah. Those Harry Potter puppets he made and played with and shipped was the pinnacle of comedy.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Jeezus since everything seems to trigger and offend you maybe you're posting in the wrong threads.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Cops are gonna be all over this.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Maybe think about redoing this without the slurry?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
It is extremely common, in fact expected, for political cartoonists to "label" things. That is part of the genre/style.

bike tory posted:

A friend of mine, living alone, recently had a miscarriage at seven months gestation. Because of the nation-wide lockdown here at the time she had to take herself to hospital and return to an empty house afterwards, unable to see any family or friends for another two weeks. Since this is apparently now the PYF depressing pictures thread, is it all good if I share some screenshots of her Facebook statuses from the time?

you should probably post this Loss in the meme thread.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

dialhforhero posted:

Not really when you consider the story itself is a few hundred years old.

I know Alan Moore is a wizard but he's not that old...

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

dialhforhero posted:

I mean it’s roots of the 5th of November and Guy Fawkes.

Not it's roots in the racism and homophobia of Nazi Germany? Or it's roots in 20th century capitalism and police-states?

Maybe a quarter of the book at best is based on 11/5.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Lemon posted:

just make it a lot more simple and say fucksack

Why does everything have to be about your mom?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Glad you have all figured out whom the poster was talking about not by their many humanitarian deeds but by the crass description of said person's physical properties.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

kiimo posted:

the Chiefs are in Missouri ???

they certainly weren't in LA.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

The Anime Liker posted:

I lived in South Philly, dead center of Little Cambodia right by the temple.

I went there once for a small holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Grassy Knowles posted:

Welcome to rockford

Edit: on second thought this pic is just gross in every context but the tl;dr is rockford sucks

That's because The Pit is no longer there.