Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

That no-flap dive at the end from lefty was pretty bad rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yup, and we're actively talking about it. It did it's job very well.

This is a lame cop out, and the idea that 'any publicity is good publicity' has been roundly disproven.

That said, it's a funny ad.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

...but I didn't say it was bad publicity? I was agreeing that it was made to be over the top and is funny and we're all talking about it.

The 'you're talking about it so it must be good' is functionally equivalent to 'there's no such thing as bad publicity'. That we're discussing it does not make it an effective advertisement.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

I didn't know what a capo was, but after googling, I think the slider thing on the guitar means his left hand is doing jack diddly up there, yeah? Are there simple songs that allow you to only play "open" strings with the capo there and no fingering, or does this mean he's just doing air guitar with a prop?

You're on the money. A capo is equivalent to someone laying their finger across the entire fret board (barring), raising the pitch of any open (un-fretted/fingered) note played. It lets you adjust the key of the piece you're playing, without affecting the fingering you use (apart from shifting your hand however many frets down).

There do exist 'half' capos, that only press down on some of the strings, or complex mechanical devices that let you capo individual strings at individual frets. This is not one of them. As you say, his left hand is doing nothing.

TheMaskedUgly has a new favorite as of 21:24 on Jun 12, 2017

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

They use industrial size ones of these to dispose of large farm animals.

edit: lol

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Yoshi Wins posted:

This gif just completely amazes me. I have never seen a dog look "disgusted" before, ever. I didn't know they were capable of it. What the hell is he sniffing anyway?

Bit late, but the original post said it was acetone or nail polish remover.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Collateral Damage posted:

Male dolphins are randy bastards and will try to hump

I'm not sure the qualifier at the end is necessary at all tbh

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

This got posted in a fairly minor community, and I desperately feel this needs to be seen by more people.

"An illustated manual on Sounding Safely"

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

man if you don't set a reminder on your phone for this kind of thing, you can't complain when you're surprised

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Father Jack posted:

Do you have another explanation for why they did it?

Higher temperatures disguise lower quality beans

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Should end
“Me: lol I know”

no

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Boppuisse

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

The Homosexual Agenda claims another victim

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

:hai:

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

With Asperger's being deprecated; everyone who was using that as a crutch to avoid facing their social inadequacies had to step one up the ladder

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Collapsing Farts posted:

Yeah well that's what I don't get because it seems like bullshit taht on one end of the spectrum you have something unrecognizable from the other end. Then it just seems like two different diagnoses

I guess it's less that it's a spectrum (which is also true) and more that it can present wildly differently among people who are 'comparable' on that spectrum, and the effects vary wildly based on stimulus and the autist's current mood and preparedness. What might provoke mild irritation with planning and preperation, may, the next day, provoke a huge reaction due to non-obvious differences; and may be completely ignored by the 'near worst-case-scenario' autist.

Add to that that it's almost always co-morbid with a half dozen other issues that it's incredibly hard to conclusively point to a specific behaviour and say 'this is because of autism'.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

I Can"t Stand Copper!

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

When even the peas have the innsmouth look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Pick posted:

men do this

i didnt gently caress my duck. i didnt cum on my duck. i didnt put my dick anywhere near my duck. Ive never done anything weird with my duck. I promised myself i wasnt going to make apology videos after last years thing so im just trying to be as short and honest with this as possible. (1/?) #notallmen