Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

DiggityDoink posted:

No, he meant to tweet that from another account and failed to sign in to it before doing so. He's trying to self promote and being a jackass about it.

This makes no sense. Why would someone else quote this and say "Thanks"? It's clearly a quote failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Syncopated posted:

Found out my local supermarket has a Balkan shelf, and this was on it.

The packaging being in swedish implies this is popular enough to be localized, instead of just putting a small sticker on it with the information required. I should try it

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Jerry Cotton posted:

What the hell is skåptorrt? Or rather why is there a "torkare än skåptorrt" option since you want stuff you put in the wardrobe to be pretty loving dry already :confused:

e: haritsoppa

skåptorrt means dry enough to put in the torkskåp, not wardrobe. It is less dry than stryktorrt

(I learned this yesterday)

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

I Sharted?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

But, that's what it's called. It's called charcuterie. What would you rather them say?

But it's not. Charcuterie is essentially a fancy way of saying "prepared meat", often used to refer to a shop that sells meat that isn't raw. The thing being discussed here is possibly a "charcuterie plate", but really just say "cold cuts" instead? Also the cheese makes both of these terms incorrect, turning it into a "meat and cheese plate" I guess.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Figures that a parody board game is probably one of the most fun of the lot.

Also, 'you win by getting rid of your stuff first' isn't really that weird, given it's the premise of a lot of card games.

We had the Mad boardgame growing up, but also another MAD boardgame that I learned just now was Sweden only.

The Swedish edition of MAD made a parody of monopoly, called Götebörsen, basically "The gothen-exchange". Swedish monopoly takes place in Stockholm, this one was instead set in Gothenburg. Landing on a street owned by another player was no longer simply "pay and go on with your life", instead having you roll a d6 to determine which of the unique per street absurd outcomes would occur. Options included being eaten by seals, asking for the priest in a fish market (very shameful, don't ask) and getting hit by a tram and sued for damages (not suing). Definitely a better game than monopoly, and to my kid self hilarious.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
The 1962 Swedish translation of Bilbo translates the dwarves stroking their beards as "runka", a word that originally meant shake or such.

For basically anyone born since, it means masturbation and nothing else.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Nice poster made by an extremely racist Englishman.

Britain being anywhere at all on the positive version really shows the hand of the creator. No real country is delusional enough to put themselves on it.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
A top tier disgusting drink is the Sewage Pipe:

A green-brown frothy sludge, tastes pretty good though

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I can easily both cross or separate (as if looking behind the image) my eyes with any of these, getting a clear sensation of depth or elevation. The fish and the cube work fine, since they already look like what they should. But the ones that are just colors always look like just colours. The red one with clear columns I can move the overlap one column at a time and get a clean center, but it never ever looks like anything but "the original picture, with a touch of depth". gently caress my brain I guess?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Lodin posted:

Pretty sure stripping before taking a dump comes from potty training. Their parents removed all their clothes before hand just incase there was an accident. Then they just keep doing it because it's their normal.

I don't know about you but I poop from my butt, even as a child, so removing my shirt was never needed?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

FreudianSlippers posted:

Winter begins on the first day of Gormánuður (on a Friday circa 21-27th of November) and end on the first day of Hörputungl on A Thursday between 19th and 25th of April.

It is known.

Það er vitað

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I, too, own the traditional Swedish advent calendar.
:nws:https://i.imgur.com/WFYaTQQ.jpg:nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Dec 15, 2020

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

3D Megadoodoo posted:

True. Å is a "Swedish O" and it's... an O. Whenever Anglophones try to use the SI unit ångström they fail, and thus prove that they should not exist.

If Å is the Swedish O, what is O? We have that letter as well

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

3D Megadoodoo posted:

In Swedish, O is "oo"

Ah, I see what you mean. That is correct.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

zedprime posted:

That's one of the problems with english, you're just expected to know the words because we've gotten rid of all the stuff that might hint at how to pronounce it.

I mean to be fair, Swedish has no real rules for pronunciation either. The Å/O thing has some patterns, but we have plenty words spelled with O with the same sound as words with Å, and knowing if sounds are long or short is impossible, you just have to know

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

The Bloop posted:

The extremely poo poo thing is that it's all the gambling of a market plus all the front-loaded unfairness of a pyramid scheme but obviously a bunch of people HAVE gotten very wealthy from getting lucky with it so it looks very inviting to the get-rich-quick/ conspiracy theory crowd

Yeah, same as any successful pyramid scheme, enough people who get in early are actually rich, which lends credibility. An advantage bitcoin has over traditional pyramid schemes is actually the instability, as that gives, ostensibly, a bigger chance of winning even if you get in later

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

That's why I insist that my covert listening devices be able to fly.

In seriousness, my favorite variety of "actually..." is when a field of study or practice has taken an ordinary word and jargonized it, so you see things like "all food is organic, because it has carbon molecules :colbert:" or the absurdity of Stonehenge not being a true henge, despite that it's where we got the word from.

I'm sure this is a problem, but you picked one of the worst examples, because organic as a word had been around for a long time and actually meant stuff before people started applying it weirdly to food. Maybe they should've picked a better word!

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

My friend, this is literally what I'm talking about, because "organic" as a word had been around a long time and actually meant stuff before chemists started saying that "organic chemistry" only meant "contains carbon molecules".

You literally could not have made my point better if I'd asked you to.

Did I say "contains carbon" was the meaning I meant? I did not. Organic has meant, and means, mostly "related to/from living things". Chemists using it to mean "has carbon" is fine, in context, because that's still using it in the original sense but trying to narrow down what "living" means from a chemistry perspective. Using it to mean "food grown in a certain way" is stupid (regardless of if the certain way is good or not. I think "sustainable" would be a better word and goal), because all food is organic, in the what the drat word means sense, not the chemistry sense.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I mean it literally says "68 protected big cats as well as a jaguar", so yes, jaguars are not a protected big cat.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
My old boss was Russian, and he was absolutely fine with Absolut. He said any vodka that claims to have a flavor is bad, and the more like hand sanitizer it smells the better.

I've had the opportunity to try enough different vodkas that I'm inclined to agree.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
2. In Sweden they are "tiger saws". I have no idea why.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The 2000's were just the most mean spirited time in American history everything was anger and stress and humiliation and torture and explosions and hating on people who were different it was just an absolute moral cultural political vacuum

Unlike now, Americans famously bring stress-free, happy, and not torturing and murdering innocent people constantly. Also racism is over.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Nfcknblvbl posted:

You should watch PBS Space Time on YouTube, it owns so drat hard.

It's great, but also:

Haven't watched those two yet, curious to see how this works out.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
In Swedish it would be "dinosauriehuvudvantar". This might seem as ambiguous as in English, but the trick is that "dinosaur headglove" would be "huvudvantar för dinosaurier", making the other words unambiguous. Convenient!

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Nenonen posted:

Dinosaur means just 'terrible lizard'. Many languages use both the Greek word and their native word for them. You should, too. E.g. I love seeing terrible lizard bones in museums.

In Swedish we have that as well, skräcködla, "terror/fear lizard", but I went with dinosaurie because that's more common now and kept the focus on the handgloves.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Habsburgs are super smooth, in every direction.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

hawowanlawow posted:

what about incubus aka butt rock for girls

You... You are aware that girls also have butts? It is not a gendered term.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Heath posted:

:bighow: since when

Oh man it's been ages! Like 2015 or so at least.

Interest died down after a year of butt equality, now no one cares about girl butts anymore.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
The perspective on the dam in the background does not at all match the angle of the camera towards the ground, so I stopped worrying after a second or so

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Some people, reportedly, have trouble finding the cut recreational area

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

kazil posted:

I don't know how you Brits can get mad when people don't know what goes on on your islands. You are all just making this poo poo up.

In America, we do things right. New York City is in New York. Oklahoma City is in Oklahoma. Kansas City is in Kansas.

And Washington is famously in Washington, to avoid confusion.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Knormal posted:

They should make it so the boobs get procedurally generated to be slightly bigger every time its sold, then you'd get a lot of market activity.

The problem, as always, is that the thing being sold has no connection to or authority over the image. The thing being sold is just a link showing you where one copy of the image is hosted, possibly.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Some people here seem confused re: when is it okay to perform violence upon another person, so let me help you out: Are they performing or threatening violence on you or someone else in your vicinity? Are they espousing violent or harmful ideas and ideologies? Performing violence on them might be okay! Hooray.
Are they making bad, tasteless or even upsetting jokes, that in no way threatens someones life, security, or anything really? Don't loving punch them, christ, this isn't hard.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Manager Hoyden posted:

I'm not doing eggs and fish in the same meal no matter how good it might be. Gross

Unless it's the egg wash for deep frying I suppose

I mean there are certainly things you could complain about with that dish, but the combo of fish and eggs seems... perfectly normal?

A common dish growing up here was fish with a sauce with pieces of egg in it.

No heads though.

Edit: cod (?) In egg sauce:

Phosphine has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Apr 8, 2022

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

FreudianSlippers posted:

Jesus was Dutch confirmed

Having been in a men's restroom, I wanna press x to doubt the 78% on Sweden. Gonna guess it's self reported, so remove the 20% that lightly wet their hands and think that counts. Then we have all the people who piss at a urinal and don't consider that "going to the bathroom", and therefore still claim to wash their hands.

I'd say 50%, max, but that's putting a lot of faith in the women.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Kenning posted:

It's very strange, the first day you don't really notice it cause it's just some weird thing you're doing, but by the end of the second day it feels like there's a pane of glass between you and everyone else. I was still chatting with my coworkers and friends and people online, but something about reaching in the fridge and pouring out a pint of fluid and then sitting back at the computer or whatever just makes you feel like no one else is there. It's an amazingly strong feeling that made the process almost immediately unbearable. Sometimes when I'm very busy I don't have time for proper meals, but even just grabbing a random snack of lunch meat and pickles makes you feel so much more alive than liquid food.

I have some coworkers who drink huel or something, but they still do it at lunchtime and sit at the table during the lunch break. I feel the "take my lunch at the computer" part may be a bigger contributor than "my lunch is a liquid"?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are there really people who can't read upside down? Is this a secret superpower I unlocked for being dyslexic?

I'm not dyslexic and I also thought this was just a thing people could do? It takes slightly longer but at long as the font isn't hosed up it's not too bad.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I buy sugar free ketchup. Not as in "sugar replaced with sweetener", just without added sugar. It's p good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

kazil posted:

hmm, what can I put on my hotdog that says "middle aged and still eating pig anus"?

Fried onions