Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

In 1980, the city of Detroit presented Saddam Hussein with a key to the city.

The cape swept wide around the front seems like either a self-aware or very poor choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Using the characters as well as the department names is a lovely touch :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caufman posted:

I'm sure abuse happens, but there's a check on the police taking whatever they wanted. The owner of a head shop I worked at sold meth on the side. Of course when the DEA came, they took his money. But they also tried to go after the assets of the shop, including the high-end water pipes. The lawyer successfully made the case that the seizure of the business assets was unjustified. The lawyer wasn't a mob lawyer, either. He made the same case any lawyer would have made.

After all, the rules of this country were made by lawyers, not cops.

A lot of victims of civil forfeiture abuse can't afford lawyers and it's why it gets abused heavily. It is not something worth defending.

Especially with good old Jeff Sessions wanting to expand it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Okay, why is Elmer Fudd hunting Batman? :suspense:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mikl posted:

Bugs Bunny killed someone Elmer cared about, and when Elmer confronted him Bugs told him he'd done it under Bruce Wayne's orders.

Wait, what? :suspense:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EmmyOk posted:

I had all the Danger Mouse Vhs tapes as a kid

There's also a new, still ongoing, Danger Mouse series :eng101:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trebek posted:

I'm a bit amazed that Doom was only 3mbs. That's like a decent sized gif.

It's not as hard to believe as you might think.

Take a look at this;

More specifically, right-click, select "View image info", and check what the image size is. That's a rough ballpark for the kind of size taken by your average DOOM enemy (the big ones like the Mancubus push about 100kb). Adding them all together means you might be pushing, oh, we'll be generous and say a full MB including the level terrain assets. Maybe. All the rest is game code that is generating multiple characters and objects from those single asset instances with a (relatively speaking) very simple set of variables to control :eng101:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Collateral Damage posted:

That's the weirdest gimp suit I've ever seen.

I think he's technically a clown rather than a gimp, because he's smiling on the outside and begging for the sweet relief of death inside.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

...now roll the rug over the pit in your floor containing the eldritch many-eyed horror and wait. :unsmigghh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mock the Cross posted:

To get the thread back on track

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's an O'Niel Cylinder. What's your point? :shrug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Once more, horseplay leads to roughhousing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I've actually seen one of these. There's one in Melbourne, Australia, sitting in the Emporium of all places (big upper-class shopping center in the CBD).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dudley posted:

Well these are going back.

God drat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Slime posted:

Buckley will never escape loss.jpg. He'll be lying on his deathbed and someone will re-enact it.

Someone will almost certainly ensure the symbol version is on his gravestone, as a final epitaph.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Teach posted:

Everything is a dildo if you're brave enough.

This is such a stupid phrase, but it never fails to make me laugh :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The more polite an Aussie is being to you, the more likely you are to be imminently smashed/glassed like a fuckin mongrel.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Looks about par for the average office temp to me? :shrug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sormus posted:

The third plug goes into the ground. Like the baby.

loving hell :stonklol:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sock Puppet posted:

What's on the underside?

Four elephants, standing astride the shell of a great space-fairing Turtle. Stupid round-earther and their crazy notions :rolleyes:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Owlkill posted:

Yeah aside from 19:40 and maybe the word "power" I'm not understanding the nazi/holocaust references. But it is first thing in the morning so maybe I've got dumb morning brain.

So you're saying you did nazi the final solution? :downsrim:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CzarChasm posted:

That's "Khaos Defrost", and it only works on microwaves that are painted red. It cooks food faster you see.

:wrong:

An Ork Mikrowave Heeetah cooks food hotter because it's painted red :orks101:.

A Khaos Defrost setting would cause your meal to become an avatar of Slaanesh, crawling out of the microwave of its own accord and offering such delightful pleasures if you'd only take just one sweet succulent bite of it...:cthulhu:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bill Mumy went on to be a main character in Babylon 5, so he did alright by all accounts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Share this photo online through your computer, the source of all illnesses.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gervasius posted:

I still regret I didn't buy a pack or two of those:

This is stupid as hell.

Hello Kissy was right there and they didn't use it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You know no disrespect to this guy, this is how Trump probably sees himself when he looks in the mirror.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Data Graham posted:

Haha we had that exact same rocketship in the city park in Ukiah, CA. In fact it's still there, and my brother's two daughters go absolutely apeshit over it when they come to visit :3:

I've actually seen one of those rusting away outside a car dealership here in Australia.

new friend from school posted:

These remind me of Marine Corps boot camp lol
Survival of the fittest indeed

How else are you going to grow big and strong to fight off Nazi's and the dreaded Red Menace of Communism? :patriot:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I was a little kid in the mid 60s in Dayton, OH, and Island Park offered not only the typical potentially deadly playground equipment, but also an old retired fire truck, and (due to the proximity to Wright-Patterson AFB), a loving F-86. To this day, I've never forgotten playing around in the bubble-less cockpit of that plane. Kids need cool poo poo to gently caress around with.

There's a tourist trap place called Caribbean Gardens here in Victoria with rides and a big flea market that has a trio of old Main Battle Tanks for kids to climb on. At least, they had them in the early 00's the last time I went.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trig Discipline posted:

The thing about most streets having no name is awesome when you use voice navigation on Google maps, because it just goes "turn left on and then right on". Like it just gives the gently caress up.

Okay, serious question; how does Japanese post work then if there are no streetnames as reference points?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What the gently caress is pancreas denial?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Skippy McPants posted:

The essence of comedy.

I wasn't ready for that last afterthought tap :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I took this to mean "traumatic brain injury resulting in behavior change and/or cognitive impairment."

I don't even have a guess for "female disease."

Given it's the 1800's, it could be anything from actual mental instability to having an opinion that differs from a man's. If not a broad catagory to cover both and everything inbetween.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I prefer to believe to believe that the novel part is an adjective instead of the object. Like they got thrown in there for reading stuff in New and novel ways.

Some people just couldn't cope after reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince :ohdear:.

I wanted to go with Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Final Problem", but that was four years too late apparently :argh:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Assholes like this make me irrationally angry. Get the hell off my paid-for-by-taxes roadways in that case, you goddamn numbnuts.

Edit: You probably don't have insurance either, so I'm screwed when you inevitably run a red light and wreck my car. Christ.

Traffic Lights are part of the Government. If they're not going to obey tax laws, why would they obey traffic ones? :rolleyes:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cainitaur :pseudo:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caufman posted:

Yes.

It would've been more impressive if she pulled the ding-dong out with her mouth.

Nobody likes teeth in a blowjob :stonk:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chrpno posted:

Many thanks for posting this, we've been down this road before..... but what THE gently caress is on this pizza? Is it nappy brown sauce, chicken, liquid cheese and corn? Or grated cheese and mayonnaise? Or.... cabbage and sour cream? I just don't know

They look like small pastries to me? :confused:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Breetai posted:

These posters were put up around Melbourne shortly after the postal survey was announced.

:smith:

For what it's worth, I've never seen those around the city so they probably got torn down just as fast as whatever shitheels put them up :unsmith:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Pretty sure Date Wards are just DnD books in general! :downsrim:. I couldn't resist the cheap shot.

Also there seems to be a Goatsce spell; "Summon rear end". I can only assume the very skies above are torn assunder by colossal hands, spreading and exposing the colossal majestic horror that is Godsce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yessssss Join usssssss

Buy your ticket and you will never leave

I suspect if you put your hand through the bars to pay for said ticket, you'll pull back a bloody stump. At your shoulder, after frantically trying to escape the horrifying grip of whatever lurks Within.