Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bogan King posted:

It took you writing this for me to realise people would have stoma sex with gauges. Now I'm going to feel gross(er than normal) all day.

My ex-wife had a patient once that came in for an unrelated condition, and the docs noticed she had herpes around a stoma in her side.

You're welcome.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Alright I'm always ashamed to do this, but: idgi

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nutted but she still suckin

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lakedaimon posted:

In the South Pacific, the people of Yap used giant stones for currency that make the daler look downright convenient. The largest known weighs 4 tons. Because they are so difficult to move, trading them is largely based on agreeing that ownership has transferred and leaving it where it is.

Hahahaha, they invented monetary theory, went right to late capitalism, and skipped the intervening historical periods.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also no wrist bones apparently.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

they were still shooting pickup shots when the movie was sent to theaters

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Besesoth posted:

In addition to the Christmas-week box office, the studio wanted the movie to be eligible for the 2020 Oscars. (And has convinced the Academy to accept the revised version!)

:stonk:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

tears quietly at Such Fun's shirt from behind

nooooo, this isn't going to go well, we have to get you out of here

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

That doesn't sound right. I mean, pee comes out of penises for goodness sake. Who would want to do a sex with one of those things?

Beats the hell outta me. But apparently some people like 'em.

*looks down reassuringly*

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also maybe this is me glossing Monty Python, but their drag characters never seemed to be mocking trans people (although obviously there is misogyny as such).

I'm thinking of Graham specifically, of course. It always felt extremely obvious that they were trying to portray someone who identifies as a man, trying to play someone who identifies as a woman.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Memento posted:

Does anyone else see a huge black eye on this poor woman?

Without question.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Taeke posted:

When I heard Lays was coming out with Heinz ketchup flavoured chips my immediate reaction was "ew gently caress no" but drat it they're delicious. They shouldn't be, I don't understand why they are, but they're good.

Same as those Doritos a few years back where they took the life essence of a McDonald's cheeseburger and somehow crammed it all into one chip

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, Garrison loving sucks because that looks nothing like Kobe Bryant and not only did he put him in a football jersey for some reason, he didn't even color it purple or gold. Jesus Christ. Why is this hack so popular?

Oh, I think you know why.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

He's SAPPIN and ABAPPIN and I'm LOSIN IT

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'd like to see more in the lower-left series.

Oh wait I'm being told this is not a fetish kiosk.

Sorry sorry I'm trying to delete it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lobok posted:

Yeah he just talks about how hot and busty she is and sets her up on dates during his business trips.

She's a hot busty blonde, that's what I keep hearing. Also this is a picture thread.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jerry Cotton posted:

Duck-billed platymapuses also don't have tits so they literally aren't mammal despite being mammals.

Taxonomy gets worse the more you know about it. Really the whole tree of life is just this huge bramble bush of bullshit.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

*Charlie Chaplain watching WW2* Well, gently caress.

Wasn't he busy hounding his underage wife into suicide around that time?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

Thats you

....well, poo poo.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay that one got me for some reason

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's a series that he started in like college whole extremely high all the time and worked on in fits and starts at various points in his career, up until like 13 years ago or so. It's also all extremely Stephen King, including being extremely self referential.

It's vaguely a post-apocalyptic fantasy story that takes place in a world that's very Arthurian, but cowboys as knights, except the world ended like 20 years ago. This is the outskirts of that world, where it's like little bits of our culture and civilization keep just sort of appearing like debris washing up on shore and it's meaningless to them.

The center of their universe is a giant tower, help up by these invisible energy beams protected by giant robot animals that are like collapsing forest gods. The tower also exists in our universe, but here it's a single rose growing in an empty lot in midtown Manhattan.

It's a series where the protagonist punches a ghost through a wall and keeps his jaw bone, then takes mescalin and fucks a different ghost. There are giant lobsters and parrot-ferret-dog things. There's a city that worships an old ZZ Topp tape. It has its moments but it's EXTREMELY Stephen King at his most self-indulgent.

See all that poo poo was why I loved DT.

But then...

EEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

alexandriao posted:

what makes this good is the guy who sent the photo took the screencap

If someone got me that good I'd probably save it, too. You have to show an appreciation for art.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

alexandriao posted:

my friend and I once counted his open tabs. 2000-odd. He's been filling them since then and got down to 600 recently

How. How possible?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FreudianSlippers posted:

Don't see how he would have the time.

He was putting out about 13 books per week while being high and/or drunk 24/7.

He probably doesn't remember most of his books from that era.

He's said flatly that he doesn't remember writing Cujo. I bet that wasn't the only one that's a bit foggy, too.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I don't think it's really even work ethic, dude just has an extreme case of logorrhea.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Hasn't he said that when he was a struggling writer he forced himself to sit down and write 4-6 hours a day and maybe come up with 15-20 minutes of material. Then as he got more and more famous that 15-20 minutes grew and grew, in part because of constantly refining his skill but mostly because the bar constantly lowers related to the rise of fame.

I mean yeah but it's not at all normal to even be able to write for several hours each day, no matter if it's 100% poo poo. Most writers would have blood coming out of their eyes and ears after two or three hours, tops.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

kiimo posted:

Even people in Chicago don't call deep dish true Chicago pizza and say it is for tourists.

Everybody wants to pretend that Chicago deep dish isn't the best pizza in the world and then they mention some snooty Neapolitan pizza with four squares of cheese that costs $58 and tastes like trash.

I may be a tourist but I taste Lou Malnati's in my mouth and I say gently caress the world

I was about to say, if you ain't had Lou Malnati's buttercrust, with pepperoni and hot giardiniera, then you shouldn't talk poo poo about Chicago-style pizza, period.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Because it doesn't turn people into fembois (pronounced femm-bwah).

Femmbwah made me snort, thank you 😊

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Samovar posted:

Ok, ok. I'm dumb and I don't get it. Is there a type of hammer called a D hammer or something?

....well, there is now!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Data Graham posted:

Wow that's hella cheap

I'm not going to bite on this even though it was my own personal dad's pet peeve in grocery stores.

You can't make me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dad hot, so gay

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

doverhog posted:

That's why the poors voted for him and his "business acumen" and strong man affect. The rich spent years indoctrinating the underclass with their propaganda, and then Trump, like a demon made from garbage, appeared and took over.

There's like a moral lesson in there somewhere.

He really is a golem made of poo poo and piss and the worst aspects of the human soul.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lobok posted:

Never go fulstændig agurk.

That really has a ring to it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Data Graham posted:

I lol'd when I was in London and I saw there's a Mexican chain called "Wahaca"

We give Asian cultures a lot of grief for their broken English but this is several times as bad as that

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Eclipse12 posted:

I used to buy mac n' cheese just for the cheese packets and put it on my microwave popcorn.

Was good. Would do it again.

Oh shiiiii

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Whybird posted:

Doesn't the lion literally say "I am Jesus" at one point?

Like, not gonna judge you too harshly because I remember getting to that part as a kid and being all "what the gently caress, this was supposed to be a cool adventure with dragons and wizards"

IIRC it gets way more explicitly Christian as the book series proceeds. If a reader just finished the first (and most famous) I can definitely understand whiffing on the allegory.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well, Terry would know about being wrong in the head.

(I'm very, very sorry.)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

canyoneer posted:

Uncle Bunky sounds cool

If you guys don't remember me this way I'll be mad.

Goddamn that is the best obit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Data Graham posted:

https://twitter.com/vladadraws/status/1264355635434418177?s=21

E: I don’t know if I’ve ever seen one of these kinds of things where not one single item makes sense

I'm clearly "a period of cream" but I totally lost it at "heep sheep" and now I can't stop muttering it under my breath while hoping I don't wake up my wife.