Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Well, if you were a pig David Cameron would be coming into your mind.

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Eh.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Verrit is real fuckin' hard to explain, because it makes no sense at all and is only of relevant to extremely online politics people.

After the humiliating defeat of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton by the game show host Donald Trump in the 2016 US Presidential election, Clinton consultant Peter Daou launched Verrit to combat the spread of Fake News. Essentially Verrit is a website that has quotes about how Hilary Clinton was good, and each quote came with a Verrit code. You would take the code to the Verrit website to verify that the quote was real.

If you are asking, "wait, what?" or "surely there was more to it than that?" then yeah, that was literally everyone else's reaaction. Coming from a high-level consultant like Daou and with the approval of Clinton herself who had tweeted about the launch, people were baffled by Verrit. And everyone assumed that was the end of it. Until now.
what?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ookiimarukochan posted:

That's what evacuees looked like in WW2 though? It's a totally normal thing in the UK (see how the price is in pounds not dollars) where hundreds of thousands of children were sent to live in the country during the worst of the bombing during the war. For some reason ignorant Americans see this and think "oh it's an Anne Frank costume!" even though she's never pictured wearing clothing like that.

I don't think anyone said it was inaccurate. Just a funny photo of a bizarre "girl's fantasy" costume. Do girls in the UK like to dress up like refugees for fun or something?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbg1nEXQ1fI&t=38s

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I bet that doctor thinks hes really funny lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

This is extremely fake, or is that :thejoke:

Idk do you think six year olds have a vast array of proverbs at their disposal?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Great, another van out to get Stephen King.

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I suppose those are technically "pictures"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Duey posted:

My wife is a private family lawyer, her clients seem baffled by the idea that everytime they call or email her she charges them. One guy told her that she shouldn't charge people for just advice (legal advice, it's literally her job). Another suggested that she not charge anything because she's just starting out and needs the "EXPOSURE". I feel like this is pretty much every industry now.

:( this is true and sad. Tell your wife if they say that exposure thing again to reply succinctly with "EXPOSE THIS BITCH" with an appropriate accompanying meme or pic

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

That movie wasn't as good as Snakes on a Plane, but it was more down to earth.

Nice

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

carpe diem

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

This is just so bizarre, like I can't even wrap my head around it.

It's not impastabowl

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MarsellusWallace posted:

Goddamn Marshalltown Iowa has Mexican Food as good as any I've found in Chicago, LA or Houston.

Yep

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Looks fine to me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Oof, I say keep pitching a few more jokes, @pitchjokes

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

The whole point of shitshelves is that you spend a minute or so studying the state of your fecal matter and how it relates to previous dumps. If you are not doing that, you are doing it wrong!

Yeah, I think I'll do it "wrong," thanks

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

Actually Air Force Bake Sale and I should have these shirts because it seems like any time we chat via any medium one of us is taking a poo poo.

Yeah, I'm in purely read-only mode whilst making GBS threads so I don't know if it'd work out between us

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

great pictures

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I don't know how anyone can finish watching any of those videos let alone actually admitting to liking them without wilting into a puddle of shame

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

swordfish duelist posted:

I cant tell if you're joking or not and I blame just waking up for my night shift.

PC got all 3 games..

Are you sure?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wrest in peace fellas

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I like guy goodboys pics

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bike tory posted:

I've seen it a bunch of times and I still don't really get this. The dog makes a weird distressed growling sound?

yeah it just looks like two annoying people pissing off a dog for twitter hearts or w/e

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

NWS indeed

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

e: nvm

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

OutOfPrint posted:

You people don't understand art. She drew that dog's soul.

i think that's literally been the last few posters have said about the photo?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I used to love doing learn stuff in school, now I don't event can't read all math when spell times is.

am same

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I don't have the skills to do it myself, but I neeeeeeed lasers added to this.

seems ripe for lightsabers imo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what the gently caress is this poo poo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ah, so is "unit" slang for something in England or is the joke just he is a really fat dude and "Absolute Unit" is a pretty funny way to describe said fat dude? Just wondering if it's working on any different level besides the obvious one.

what the gently caress lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah what?? i laughed at the cop meme.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:psyduck: is this how trump was elected?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

porktree posted:

Bah, most seat belts can open bottles - no need for a tacticool version.

yeah, but you have to wear those if you want your car to stop beeping, you can store these conveniently in the buckle to stop your car from beeping when you're drinking and driving w/ out a seatbelt on

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Olaf The Stout posted:

For my money, this is the funniest political sketch SNL has produced in the trump era:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlt3rA-oDao

horrible. maybe if they cut it down by two minutes or so, but it just keeps going and going

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure it works with the entire cast

https://i.imgur.com/qqGE2sX.mp4

is this the big one? have i finally lost it? am i breaking down now?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bread Zeppelin posted:

It's really hard to search for that image because google is totally sure you meant Denver and not Demver.

That's a cursive "n"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I weigh pieces of poo poo for breakfast

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

me n my high school gf would print out maps to places with DDR machines and go on dates to movie theaters, arcades, bars, w/e and play them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LifeLynx posted:

Where did this phrase start and when will it die? It's overused everywhere lately.

No offense, just happened to be the latest place I've seen it used.

this ain't it, chief