Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back in the day novels had a really bad reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FFT posted:

something something side note the biblical Samaritans were generally considered to be terrible people so that one "Good Samaritan" was an old school "one of the good ones"

context: "Good Samaritan" when it was written was roughly equivalent to "Good [unexpectedly from $hatedgroup]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIVB3DdRgqU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

armadillos are adorable

Don't you mean Armadorable?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's that plus The Last Starfighter with computer games instead of arcade cabinets.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4J971Pv8s

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really don't understand people who do that whole injecting oil into their arms thing. It never actually looks like muscles and instead just looks like they have horrible arm tumors.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Ahahaha, holy poo poo. You were kind of underselling the fact that they didn't have accessible ramps. They had them, but removed them to make room for more seats.

How fuckin' stupid.

Also the fun fact that they started (and kept) operating without valid licenses to actually run a bus service.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Mmmm… sacrilicious…

They aren't blessed so it is just bread and wine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

It’s established that when you die your ghost wears what you had on last.

Remember that next time you think about wearing that fursuit when you step outside.

There was a goofy bit in the US version of the TV series Being Human where a character was a ghost but comes back to life. She's about to die again and spends time picking out her ghost outfit that she will wear from now on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Elohssa Gib posted:

This shouldn't be overlooked it is a proclick.

Also in the collection of low budget cosplays who is the first character, I am woefully out of the loop on things.

Erik Killmonger, the bad guy from the Black Panther movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The virus was to shut down the shields, the nuke was just to destroy the mothership.

The stupidest thing from the sequel is when the new generation pilots get into an alien spaceship and say "It's the same as the other one" to justify why they can fly it. Except it totally isn't anything like the design of the cockpit from the first movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SpacePig posted:

WRT the Olive Garden Robot

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1007061610005794817

An interesting thread that points out things neural networks get wrong, and goes somewhat into how the Botnik keyboard produces stuff like that, but not exactly that.

Even when they aren't just completely written by a person there's also the issue where a person goes through and cherry picks the funny lines.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was brought up in the schad thread and basically the guy was operating as an unlicensed broker for a bunch of people and lost all their money by trading in Bitcoin on a margin.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's unregulated. Just move on! This is good for cryto.

He also guaranteed returns on investments.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Peeny Cheez posted:

So, wait, what's the deal with Magnum P.I.? Are they finally addressing the forbidden love between him and Higgins?

They're doing a Magnum, PI reboot and it isn't a white guy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Moose posted:

wait there's a real one?

That's literally the premise of a show starting this fall. A guy gets friended by God on Facebook.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How do you even do quidditch in real life if the entire point is for one person to grab the gold thing.

Also what’s the gold thing for these dorks... a canary?

You could do a drone but I doubt they would go through the effort.

Really the whole thing being popular as a "real" game is so weird when it was clearly just supposed to be a joke in the first book. You have a character explaining to Harry all the rules and positions and ways to score before giving the punchline of everything he just said is pointless because the game is actually won by one person finding the snitch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, what's the shoe thing?

Hillary got sick at one point in the campaign and at one point lost a shoe as she was assisted back to her car. That's it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I have no idea what the stuff you said about Zelda means.

I also have no idea what he is trying to convey about Trump in this image, or who the guy in the boat is, or who Tina is.

lol at Ted Cruz being drawn as a brown person.

The guy in the boat is Garrison and Tina is his wife/girlfriend (I don't know their actual relationship status or w/e.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know, Buddy Cole did go to jail for killing a drag queen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminds me of those YT thumbnails of a woman talking about how immigrants should all go back to their home countries until the last one is her talking about being deported because she overstayed a student visa.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pararoid posted:

This seems loving insane to me. I actually had to Google this to see if something so blatant was actually real.

IIRC there was that controversy not too long ago in the NYC area about these cards that cops were giving out for getting out of tickets and how the system was being completely abused.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phy posted:

The ol' "Why should I change it, he's the one who sucks"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back in the 80s Nintendo put out ads in magazines pleading with people not to use the word "Nintendo" as a generic term for videogame.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I'll take the ribald punnery of BIG JOHNSON brand tees, thank you very much.

What about Coed Naked Sports?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lord Hydronium posted:

I usually forget Delaware exists, have never met anyone from there, and if it weren't for the existence of Joe Biden, I'd be convinced it was a make-believe place like Narnia or Finland.

Delaware's thing is laws that are super friendly to corporations. Which is why you see a lot of companies have their main address being somewhere in Delaware.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

I just wish someone would tell that man how to buy a suit that fits him.

He purposefully wears terrible fitting suits to try and hide how fat he is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That narration sounds like it is 30 seconds away from talking about how everyone got murdered.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LifeLynx posted:

Look at her reaction when someone pets her. "Wait... they can see me?"

I want to know why they aren't all petting the cat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wait, is she robbing Danny Gonzalez?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

So that's not bronzer, right, otherwise he'd be able to do the skin under the eyes? He's President Spraytan?

Uh I think you'll find that the President looks like that because he has good genes.

Actual thing a White House spokesman said when asked about Trump's skin color

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I must admit that my sample size for "person wearing a second face" is small enough that this is difficult to confirm conclusively

THAT BEING SAID, this is his dad:

How does that ear situation even happen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't the first season opening also have some issue with them also stealing music from an old TV show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Pretty sure I could put this up in the break room at work and have at least a dozen people to fill it out.

And then immediately lose my job.

I got a random email from a company client today that I'm pretty sure is their password for something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I forgot these were published by Archie Comics. I hope the thing about the Sega exec is true, I couldn't confirm it but I love it.

Apparently Archie Comics was really loving bad at bookkeeping because when they fired him he said his contract stated that he got to keep all his "original characters, do not steal" creations and they lost their copy so they couldn't definitively say otherwise. Although these characters were

Pastry of the Year posted:

Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles & Knuckles

so I doubt they were too broken up over it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Very "subtle" oranges in the front apron pocket.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

Listen if you transubstantiate something that leaves crumbs you’re gonna have bits of the son of God all over your chapel. That’s hella rude, no two ways about it. Gonna leave the body of Jesus to get moldy in the piles of your carpet, smdh.

Catholic mass is designed around this. You're supposed to put the whole host in your mouth before chewing. Then after they're done with everyone they clean out the holders to make sure there's not crumbs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gripweed posted:

it should be illegal for cops to post pictures of people who have been arrested but not convicted of a crime.

Don't forget the websites that scrape mugshot databases and then charge people to remove them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Years ago Comedy Central would run an ad for one of those Girls Gone Wild tapes and there was a shot where a girl was taking her top off next to a reflective surface and they forgot to blur the reflection. It took a surprisingly long time for someone to notice this and fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Some VR goggles have a mode where you see through cameras on the headset, they could be doing that.