Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I forgot to post these, but while looking for Coco fanart(of the new pixar movie, which rules) for the fanart thread, I came across this rad as hell cosplay of Coco from Crash Bandicoot. Also, bonus really well done Aku Aku mask.

other shots:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's just adorable. Made me crack a big ol smile.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ahahaha, the itsy bitsy hands and head on that Emperor getup.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jetamo posted:

I love armour with faces on it. :allears:
Keep in mind, this is the armor being attempted(also probably the best 40k artwork period)

The cosplay version is basically "whew, glad we got the shin armor and boots done, that's the tough part! Oh! Oh no!"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The khorne berserker with the chainaxe is an official costume for the space marine game, iirc he was wandering around pax a couple years ago. Full LED's in the helmet and the little skull eyesockets and stuff.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those poor pets. I've never met a dog or cat who is totally cool with having full head coverings put on them, let alone full body costumes. They must be either very well trained, or writhed out of them alright after those photos

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Adorable. What's the girl dressed as?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

quote:

gotta go fat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Er, skin color shouldn't matter when cosplaying. I mean, yeah, it's convenient when you're Asian and cosplaying an Asian character, but denying the quality of a cosplay getup because the person isn't the appropriate skin color seems to be missing the point a bit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
THIS

IS

ABSOLUTELY

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Reading is fundamental!
yeah like I'm gonna read some screed about how you're not allowed to dress up as a character you like, no thanks.

Bakalakadaka posted:

This is actually perfect and I love it
I actually love it too and all the other cosplays in that post, the post was not actually serious, as evidenced by the Lemongrab at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No idea but it looks cool as hell.
That's clearly Knack

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not taking nazis seriously is how we got the Charlottesville rally. gently caress nazis in every form, short of historical reasons they should never be displayed or portrayed, especially not in any sort of positive or glorifying light.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you don't have an actual argument to make besides personal attacks, kindly gently caress off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
EA killed the mass effect franchise, so sheperd and co are not happy with the EA businessman

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mass Effect 1 is the best Mass Effect game, it is true.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 07:43 on Jan 7, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spudd posted:

I would like some Rocky Horror cosplay posts please
you betcha

(Emporio Ivankov, from One Piece)

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Jan 10, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TenementFunster posted:

i dunno but i pissed on it one night
did you key it too, that'll show'im

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
her entire repertoire is quite impressive. https://imgur.com/gallery/FyUQr

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hard counter posted:

here's an album with some 40k cosplay, it contains around 30 images fyi

https://imgur.com/a/0FjDT

this is a weird cut-up photoshop, right(besides the background)? Dude's scythe is an extendable broom handle and it looks like it's not in the same shot, and the hands look fucky.

but these two:

They've got those werewolf cosplay stilts going on, right? real fuckin' good lictor and hive tyrant, though. goddamn, those things must weigh a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F8LSvR4qsU

and I loving love this picture so much, the absurdity of it

I once met a space marine cosplayer similar to the beefcake guy in the world eaters getup with the chainaxe in that gallery, he said despite most of the costume being made of foam and padding, it still came out to about ~60 pounds total.

God, there's so many great little things, whether because they're silly as hell, absurd, or just conceptually hilarious in those photos. The guy who literally came with his own base for his "figure" cosplay, christ. Or the one who had trigger discipline for his toy gun. Or most of them being people cosplaying characters who shouldn't have their face exposed because their heads are way too tiny for the bodies they're portraying so it looks goofy as hell

And then there's this guy, jesus fuckin' christ I want to ask how long it took him to craft and then paint all that:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

That Buu is loving horrifying, I love it. That's a hell of a lot of work into a costume of a dude who is basically "bubblegum dude with a tentacle head"

the samus looks like kind of a mishmash of the classic Varia Suit and the Other M Varia Suit(which is bad) and looks kinda weird

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah, the reason people generally don't like the Other M Varia Suit is because it looks bad and bland compared to the iconic look of the original. Here's a timeline of the varia suit, from super metroid, to prime, to zero mission's power suit, to other m

The super/prime versions look like a force to be reckoned with. The Other M designs look delicate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aphrodite posted:

Samus being 6’3 and 200 pounds was always a mistake, that was meant to be when she’s armored up. It’s a Japanese game that rewards you for beating it fast by putting her in her underwear, should have been obvious in hindsight.
yeah the old art being official and then abruptly changing her into high-heel-wearing wank material for other m sure is a mistake

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's about as reasonable as telling movie critics they should go direct a summer blockbuster if they say Transformers 8: Garbage War was bad

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol goddamn this guy https://imgur.com/gallery/vHWOC

this one is eerily on point

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If I was physical perfection in human form like dwayne johnson I'd probably do stupid-rear end poo poo like star in a tooth fairy movie while wearing a tutu for the hell of it too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That kid space marine is both well done and also adorable.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I cannot in good faith endorse anything to do with whatever you got planned.

And why is that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wanna pet that robodogball

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You have forced the joke I explicitly avoided. A thousand deaths upon you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that's amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Prove to me he isn't doing it on purpose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's dedication to a bit, for sure

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Them being infinity nuggets is really inspired.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that is classy as gently caress.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's a great couple of costumes. What are they from?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The post was a jab at nanigans but he edited his post like the coward he issssss

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, everyone knows that in the 41st millenium, there is only war. That pink bicycle seat? War. Trash cans? Full of war. The cooler in the upper left? Cold war.