Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Minnesota United preview:

- We'll be bad
- I'll get drunk

This is the correct expectation for every team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

What's even goofier than that video is that the league is mad at the Galaxy for making it and is going to give them a talking to about it.

It's a roundabout way of saying that the reffing sucks, which is verboten.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Funny thing is that their best player has been one of the guys who came up with them from the NASL: Christian Ramirez.

Who apparently scored in the LA/RSL game tonight as well:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

Not to interrupt this fascinating topic, but we have a winner for the 2017 Sack Race. Jeff Cassar, come on down (to the unemployment line).

Honestly I'm surprised he only got three games if they bothered to keep him through the offseason.

That is a really big surprise. They've looked awful this year, but 3 games in seems premature.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

At some point Minnesota is going to figure out what the hell they are doing, but every team that plays them in the first few months of the season can basically mark that one off as a guaranteed 3 points.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Great! If I recall correctly, the Sounders have a perfect track record with Paraguayan DPs. please be better than Valdez

Wonder where he'd fit in if signed. Looks like a speedy attacker. Would play up top with Morris moving to winger, I guess? No idea.

Who would get removed in order for him to play?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jack Mac signed with the Galaxy, I didn't even realize he had been cut by the Timbers.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Do over Ham posted:

https://twitter.com/BenBaer89/status/854848112283848704

Edit: oops, this was already posted in the game day thread. No matter; enjoy it again.

This still makes me happy to see

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

PGE Park was fun to see baseball games at though, he does have that part right.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

plainswalker75 posted:

The only thing fun about baseball at PGE park was $1 high lifes when they were desperately trying anything to improve attendance.

The beer garden was the best thing about it. The product on the field, not so much.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That was a really nice goal, too bad they couldn't hold on.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Would you pay that price?

Yeah, that's the thing. He's probably going to be just fine, but DC paid way too much for him.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

Sunday's Timbers/Sounders has been rescheduled from 1:00 to 7:30pm due to forecast hot as balls temps (99° according to my weather app).

I for one am very happy about this. My section would be in direct sunlight for the entire time we're in there. It's loving miserable.

Well, I guess I'm not going anymore, since my train back to Seattle is at 6pm :rip:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

So I guess Philly is going to stay below the red line this year.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The worst thing about the all star game is that no matter how many times you change your preferences on the Android MLS application you'll still get notices about it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

wicka posted:

Let's start with MLS Live not blacking out like 1/3rd of the season, please.

That would be nice. At least it's easy to get around with a vpn, but that shouldn't be required.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

wicka posted:

Can a VPN get around the blacked out "nationally televised" games that are on TSN and Univision?

Yep. Just use a vpn to Mexico and you can watch everything.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I didn't realize how compact the West standings were. 4 teams tied for 2nd place, and any of them could make it as high as 1st or as low as 7th next week.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I'm kind of surprised at this move. Giving up a 4th round draft pick is basically getting him for nothing, but him and Will Bruin are basically the same player. Maybe he's planning on retiring soon and going into coaching like Pineda?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

camoseven posted:

NYCFC are moving their home game vs Houston on September 23rd to.... East Hartford, CT. According to Google Maps that's 107 miles away, and currently 2 1/2 hours by car.

:stonklol: What the loving gently caress. Red Bull Stadium is available on the 23rd, but I guess that would have been too easy.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Playoff schedule and TV details announced. Once again half of the knockout games are on Unimas only. Lame.

If the Sounders finish at either #1 or #2 they'll have a double-header with the Seahawks on the 5th of November.

And why the gently caress are the conference finals being played on a Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

code:
mesafc.com

The perfect place to play during the summer. Think Vegas would do prop bets on number of players dead from heat stroke during the season?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

The Sounders did that for August 31st. And they jacked up ticket prices by 15%.

Mine only went up a buck, still cheap as hell. Seahawks season tickets in the same spot would be roughly 6x the cost.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

I'm surprised, only because I'm super cynical about these sorts of things, but Roman Torres' bullshit red actually got overturned.

I'm extremely surprised.

Maybe by next year the VAR ref will be able to tell the center ref when they made a bad call like the NHL does.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Emron posted:

Yeah. It’s SUPER slimy though. The renewal deadline was last week. You’re locked in now. And the announcement was today.

Yeah, that's about as douchey as it gets. This has been planned for a long time, and the announcement after they collected money was clearly no coincidence.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I for one hope that MLS keeps bringing in young South American players that aren't good enough for a top league in Europe. It'll require changing the roster rules so that there aren't a mandatory number of US/CA players in the league though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

tk posted:

Disabling all notifications will set you free.

There have been enough bugs in it that even that didn't always work. I had to uninstall and reinstall a few times in order to finally get it to stop sending me notifications about stupid bullshit like the all-star game

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

According to ESPN tonight, Sacramento and NASHVILLE are the favorites for spots 25 and 26, with Cincinnati in the outside looking in.

Burn it down.

I'd be fine with Sacramento, because we need more West Coast teams. Leaving Cinci out is a crime against humanity.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

I have an issue with Sacramento getting a spot. Why the hell would I ever want to travel to Sacramento for an away game?

Because SMF is cheap as gently caress to fly in and out of?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

You know there's a reason for that, right? I guess Folsom State Prison is pretty close?

I mean sure, it's not your usual destination city to visit for an away game, but cheap flights make it really easy to do a one day there and back.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I was hoping that this time around they'd finally get rid of the expansion draft.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

Since the Hawaii LAN thread hasn't seen any action in over two years... Anyone know where I could go to watch the Western Conference Final on Maui?

It's on ESPN, so basically any bar will have it. You might not even need to ask for it to be put on.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxyInsider/status/935255937023057921

So that's the option on all of our goalies, a player who got we signed midseason and saw brief minutes in 5 games then tore his ACL, a bunch of homegrown boys, and our "captain".

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxyInsider/status/935262298876153857

Looks like Sigi is getting busy already. It'll be interesting to see what his son's scouting abilities bring for their roster next year. He was really good for Seattle, and I imagine he has a giant portfolio of players that they are planning on replacing the missing 12 roster spots with.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

And so once again we get two obnoxious fan bases in the final.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I though you'll find that Newfies are the best actually

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Good lord: https://deadspin.com/seattle-sounders-fans-are-hopping-mad-at-beer-1820945875

I'd put a quote in here but I'd just end up quoting the whole thing.

I'm guessing it's fight and win guy who is leading the protests

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Valeri was the clear MVP vote, and probably could have been the last couple of years too. He either scored or assisted on 32 of Portland's 60 goals (and I'm sure was heavily involved on more than he got assist credit for), and is the only reason they made the playoffs. He is so drat good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The looks extremely impractical, but I like the idea they were going for.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

MLS Cup is this weekend, right?

Saturday, ESPN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Garber is doing a press conference where he basically said that Columbus fans are dumb and they need to look at Detroit to see how to support a team.

• Locked thread