Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fetko posted:

My amazon preorder updated to shipping soon this morning with a delivery of Friday by 8pm, but i'm starting to doubt it. Can't remember a shipment this late to update before. Anyone else stuck in amazon shipping purgatory?

I am too, good thing this is one of four preorders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fetko posted:

you're a bit more committed than me!

I'm also in a Prime Now area though, so it's likely coming via Lasershit same day or something

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

slowly realizing i hosed up by deciding to leave work early tomorrow instead of coming in late

could be picking up my switch now, playing for like three hours, and then sleeping for work, but no, I had to make the wrong call

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

is there any games for the switch besides zelda

you are bringing shame to your gang tag

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol just Prime Now'd a Neon switch for delivery tomorrow after work

Five Switchezzzzz

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Sorry to say, but you're what's wrong in the world.

Neon Switch obtained, coffee for MAXIMUM ZELDA pending.

I'm going to sell my excess ones (two switches) at list price :buddy:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Neon switches are still available on Prime Now in Tampa area, delivery as early as 10 tomorrow

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

My Amazon Switch that I preordered the day after reveal is going to arrive tomorrow

My Amazon Prime Now Switch that I bought at midnight last night is arriving in two hours

GJ amazon, you're good at preorders

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

zelda is really good

(early game exploration spoilers, no story spoilers)

i was wandering around kakariko and saw a shrine on a plateau way out in the distance away from everything else, and decided gently caress it let's go there

on my way there I found a huge sleepy cyclops guy in a cave full of bombable treasures so i had to take the fucker out, but I ran out of weapons!!! i run over to my amiibo shelf not knowing who would work, so I grab young link and scan him, and a bunch of loving fish spawn and also a treasure chest. in the treasure chest was a reinforced sword!!!! so I take out this huge guy thanks to the young link amiibo, get a shitton of gems, and continue on my happy quest

oh man there's like 4 of the grey super strong moblins here and I'm just a four heart scrub man, but with cunning use of fire arrows and explosive barrels (and eating like 20 apples) I kill these guys and take all their 28 atk swords that far outrank anything i've picked up to date

then, finally, the shrine. go inside and it's like "a modest combat challenge" or something and there's this fuckin robot and I go to fight him and he kills me in one shot

but gently caress it, i'm not gonna give up that easy, go back in and go fuckin dark souls on this dude, he changes attack patterns like eight times but I'm ready for all of em, knowing if he touches me once i'm fuckin done. it takes two of those really strong swords to kill this one robit and then he drops something like a 35 attack sword and 32 defense shield and :aaaaa: this poo poo is so good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Oh my god guys Snipperclips is SO GOOD

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

MoaM posted:

Just thought I'd share. Oh, and I'm personally hating the arrow keys on the left joycon, especially for weapon switching in Zelda. Usually a controller will force you to move your finger up to use esoteric buttons, rather than down

get a load of this guy who has apparently only ever used a dualshock

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Hybridfusion posted:

I have a brand new 2016 model tv with all the bells and whistles. I just had to disable the auto-hdmi bullshit on the switch because I'm losing the battle with my TV being flipped to the switch HDMI every god drat thirty seconds.

Come the gently caress on, Nintendo. gently caress

hdmi cec is a shitshow, this is probably more your tv's fault than Nintendo's

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Hahaha. Have you never felt with cec before. These are the same complaints that every device has. These could be straight out of the ps4 thread. Cec is the shitshow. Its supposed to a standard but different tv manufacturers and even tv's from a single manufacturer act differently.

But yeah must be Nintendo's fault because a thing that doesnt work right everywhere doesnt work right here.

Cec has literally never worked for me on the ps4, but works great with the Switch on the same TV. Cec is some weird poo poo

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hell yeah amazon is still giving 25 bucks for tradeins of the wii u MK8, that'll make the upgrade to the switch version pretty cheap

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Just last weekend at launch night of the Switch I asked some blue shirt if they were going to have any Special Edition Zeldas and he fed me some line about how "we're not allowed to reveal any stock information" which I knew was bullshit (the dead giveaway was that he stood there without verifying it with anyone else even when I asked if he was sure). So I just walked over to customer service and asked that guy who said "no those were preorder only".

Lol my buddy who works at best buy told me that corporate was telling them to not reveal any switch related stock when asked for the launch but alright assume the guy was a dick

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Gyro in Splatoon is actually really good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ShiroTheSniper posted:

Am I stupid or do we always need to reenter our CC number for each transaction on the eShop? Can't we permanently save our CC info to our account? If so, can you please tell the blind that I am where it is?

I'm a Goon, I can't wipe and leave my toilet to get my wallet each time. My chain-wallet is clipped to my cargo pants but I don't wear any.

Thanks!

Buy eShop codes on Amazon. Less stuff to enter.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

enojy posted:

Having a bunch of those multiplayer and/or quick session games digitally would be cool, but then I realized many cases provide some means of storing a number of game cards. I also couldn't resist saving a bunch of money by preordering games from Best Buy with GCU and Visa Checkout discounts. It's a small sacrifice of convenience when each $60 game became like $38.

Pro controllers are in stock online at GameStop.

If you're in a Prime Now area, they seem to have a neverending font of pro controllers. Just bought one for my brother as a birthday present.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

whaley posted:

utnayan immediately shows up to prove you wrong

:eyepop:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Michaellaneous posted:

So I finally got my hands on a Switch, able to try it out for an hour or so. Here are my thoughts on this:

This screen is tiny and utter trash. If I want to appreciate what I am seeing in any way, I need to have the joycons slotted in, holding it close to my face. If I prop this thing up on a table somewhere in a realistic fashion, it's utter trash and lmao @ the thought of playing Skyrim on such a tiny display.

The joysticks on the controllers feel cheap, make awful noises when snapping back, and, generally handle like trash.

There is virtually no space between the bumpers, leaving no space to my rest my index fingers. I have to put them
under the joycons, behind the bumpers.

The "controller" you slot the joycons in feels like a cheaply made chinese knockoff.

I am forced to hold the Switch kinda awkwardly, since the left joystick is really far up, and the right one realy far down. It just does not feel comfortable, and in addition, the thing is quite heavy too.

So yeah. Tiny loving screen, a cheap feeling and an overall lack of comfort makes this a joke, at least to me. 450 bucks for this? Lol.

Are you sure you didn't buy a Nontendo Swotch by accident

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

apparently this one is going to have modern sonic, classic 2-d sonic and another yet unannounced type of sonic!!!!

THREE SONICS

Big the cat 2, the Switch will become the premier lost frog game console

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Aww man the switch doesn't have background purchasing yet, bought Issac off of the online eShop and it won't start downloading until I wake up the system. Sad!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Harlock posted:

We all want Wii Sports

Wii Sports Resort was really great and I'd love a Switch Sports in the same vein. The Wii U one was alright (except for Golf, which owned).

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

man the switch is so good

just played 5 hours of binding of issac/fast rmx/shovel knight on handheld mode until the battery got to 10% and I decided to stop

i basically only played the original binding of issac release and never beat the first mom fight, and i've managed to get pretty far in Afterbirth+ and goddamn is there some neat poo poo in here :buddy:

got a really overpowered setup and murdered a totally dope boss rush thing then lost to mom's heart because my really overpowered setup shot really huge tears and I was not ready for the bullet hell section :v:

absolutely no framerate issues were noted, even in the womb sections, a++ would buy again

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

yeah Shovel Knight has a very variable difficulty, you can be a real man and do everything with your shovel, break the checkpoints for extra cash, and have a decent almost-nes hard time, or be a fuckman and abuse the poo poo out of the phase locket and have a casual stroll through the game

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

The same people who don't want third party games and sports games are the same people excited about a Splatoon sequel, just saying.

Yeah this is me

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

Overwatch launched with 12 maps and has added two in the year that it's been out.

Splatoon launched with 5 maps and added one within two days, another in a week, a third later that month and another 8 within a year.

It's not the exact same model at all.

Splatoon actually launched with 27 unique single player maps :colbert:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Actually some of those are multiplayer maps that got re-used for octoling battles so they're not unique! Owned!!!

:negative:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Splatoon 2 is really good. Just feels way more fluid and polished than the first :buddy:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Did Splatoon 1 have real matchmaking? I'm either winning by hardly anything or losing by a lot. By the end one team has each person with nearly 2000 points and the other team all under 1000.

In Ranked, yeah. Turf War has always been a cluster

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm having too much fun with the drat Duelies as a Splattershot Jr boy in years past. Juking a roller dude and laying into them feels so good

Also I've only got the rock gym level like once

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Deceptive Thinker posted:

D-pad/arrow keys too, they make fresh sounds

My squids are forever living in a chopped and screwed mixtape

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm not leaving the lobby ever, just going to dedicate each test fire to a different weapon :v:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Dang, cut off right at 12. Sad!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Dualies are okay. The new cruiser that bounces off walls is worse than the old one

This take is kinda hot, once I learned how far they travel I got hilarious explosion and ricochet kills

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

having mario kart 8 deluxe and splatoon 2 installed on this thing is going to be nuts

the switch, guys!!!!!!!!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Hey perhaps if a game requires you to constantly recalibrate it then maybe it should t use that as a control option.

good thing the gyro controls are optional for people who can't keep their hands still for some strange reason and want to handicap themselves

if you're capable of using a controller like a normal human, it's a complete nonissue

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Tfw u only sleep for 5 hours so you can catch the next test fire window

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

TheMammoth posted:

"Being able to hold your hands still like a normal human being." Wow. Sorry, you must never have heard of Parkinson's, MS? Muscular dystrophy? Just hold your hands still, you non-human. Or you don't get to participate in video games. Nintendo has actually done a really respectable job of ensuring that players who may not be able to interact with a game in a specific way can still enjoy it through other control schemes without detriment to the community. The Switch is the first console since the original launch Wii that I have seen a whole group of people come around and play. It's awesome. Your attitude is not.

It was actually a response to someone complaining they had to recalibrate the gyro depending on if they were leaning backward or forward

But yeah my language was lovely and I'm sorry

deadwing fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Amazon prime shipping has turned out to be over 3 days so far and with that and how long it took to get a switch I think I know everything about zelda already
:(

You need to complain to them every day it's late to get free prime

• Locked thread