Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am a 38 year old man and have been a gamer my whole life. This is the first time I've done a midnight launch for anything game related.

Long live the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol

Like 60 people waiting out front of this bestbuy at 11:30.

Well make that 61 now that my dumbass is here.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tengames posted:

Despite Gamestop screwing my preorder over I managed to get one waiting in line at a Walmart midnight release.

Family member said the lines around best buy here wrapped all the way around the store outside in freezing weather at 10pm.

Meanwhile at the Walmart it was a small line of a couple families and single guys all checking their phones in a small line inside the electronics section.

Yeah it's 11:45 now and the line is at least 100 deep.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is loving stupid. I'm still in line waiting for this thing at 1am.

I'm too old for this poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well my Best Buy sold out of pro controllers but still have a few units left for tomorrow.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zelda owns hard.

The switch owns.

Nintendo has saved us all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My Zelda shovel knight machine is awesome.

Get it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not even sure if I'll ever hook the dock up to the tv. I love this thing in portable mode so much

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Which of the ambiii are cool / good?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

inferis posted:

the zelda and bokoblin ones are my favorites. i thought the guardian would be better but the legs are all rubber over bendy wire. you probably don't want to move it too much if you don't want it to break

e: or did you mean amiibo in general?

Yeah I meant ones for the switch.

I have a Mario and pikachu one that sit on my desk because they look cool.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am very glad I kept my Best Buy preorder. It's already 4 and I still haven't received my amazon order.

Amazon definitely let me down and I'm glad I had a backup.

That's my story thanks for reading.

Zelda is legit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'm in the same boat, but I only have the Amazon preorder.

Yeah mine is the same way. I mean I'm sure it will arrive before 8 or whatever but still.

A good friend I used to work with is going to buy it whenever it gets delivered.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

They're NFC enabled figurines and some games use them. Here's how they work in BOTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_vf2hPo0JM

Oh so I didn't know that non botw ones did stuff too...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is anyone else getting random friend requests from people?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah amazon failed me.

Glad I picked it up from Best Buy. I've put like 4 hours into Zelda and I'm still dicking around the starting area.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I guess my amazon switch is gonna get delivered today. I ain't holding my breath.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol amazon delivered my switch an hour after my buddy from work left on his flight for Costa Rica.

I mean he has his 3ds but he really wanted this switch.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

Nobody has any stock around here what's the best alert tracker to use?

Nowinstock

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The wifi in the switch is indeed poo poo. It has a weaker signal then any other device I own. It's not a huge issue but it is weird.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I appreciate this link. This is crucial.

Also, what's the recommended, must have travel case for this thing? If somebody could provide an Amazon link, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm making my Wishlist so I know what's the best for when I get this thing.

I'm getting the Hori case from amazon today. Not sure if it's any good but we will see when it gets delivered.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So since Zelda only lets you have one save (I guess) does it save on the system or the cart?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

not 100% true. i have all my saves and screenshots on my sd card.

edit: i did double check too, putting the sd card into my pc and i have a nintendo folder with "album" "contents" and "save" all my screenshots are jpgs in the album and my save folder has two files of various sizes. while theres no date modified i assume the lower size file is my brothers from the start of the game and the larger one is mine ive been playing so far.

my switch lists no save data on my system at all. nothing is getting used by the system memory.

Does anyone know if there is an option to change this? Although I guess it might be better to have them on the SD card if the system goes tits up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Milkman posted:

Playing it handheld is so good I haven't bothered to set up the dock yet

:same:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really like the Hori one on amazon for 20 bucks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR63I6F/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

I bought this because it seemed small and basic. I needed something to throw in my work bag but not junk up the rest of my stuff.
It'll be here soon. I'll report back.

That's the one I bought and I really like it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I still love my switch and still haven't hooked it up to my TV because I like having it all over the house.

Also MK8 was a trash port.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harlock posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/842030740120449024

Legit upset this doesn't have a switch version.

Yeah same. I have every other platform listed but drat this would be great on the switch.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mega man something something

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My switch is ready for some golf on the go.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Eh. Just get the iOS version. Its better anyways as it has real leaderboards.

So it's better because it has leaderboards? Like that's the one thing that automatically makes it better?
:chloe:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Universe Master posted:

Store had one left.
Drive 24 miles
Work day lunch
Few around
It's gone
It's gone

Best Switch Haiku

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm at work and my office partner hasn't left for the day. You all are my only hope for updates.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did they give release dates for Minecraft or Payday 2?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

From what I've heard hasn't part of the scarcity of the NES Mini been disputes between Nintendo and the physical manufacterer?

That sounds like the most logical explanation for it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BoI is good on the switch. I'm terrible at the game but it's good. I dunno about $40 good but....

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just get nintendos

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am buying Minecraft for the 5th (?) time when it comes out for the switch.

Thanks for listening.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Meridian posted:

Holy poo poo who cares?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Pack-in with XC2 limited edition

Day 1 buy for me if they did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU