Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Switch releases in 2 more hours. I really wanted one but I still have games I need to finish and also lots of school work and shiz.

Pour one out for me. Semi-adulthood has got me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So what's the consensus on screen protectors? Get one? Which one?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Utnayan posted:

Scratches have already been documented after a week of use from reviewers.

In other words, get a protector. :)

Real hurthling! posted:

Only at the bottom from what i saw during set up. That said, plastic shouldnt be hard enough to scratch the glass unless they really hosed up

See, this is what I find puzzling. I've heard the screen is glass, and I'm almost certain that plastics can't scratch glass because of their hardness rating or whatever, right?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

khy posted:

Please convince me not to buy a switch right now and why waiting would be better

The only good game for it right now is Zelda. Maybe Shovel Knight if you haven't played it yet.
The next contenders of good games for the Switch are 1-2 Switch, a 50 dollar tech demo and Let's Dance 2017.

The next real game is probably Mario Kart 8 at the end of April.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Uggghhhnnnnnggghhhhh.

I can't even focus on doing my work because I want a Switch so bad but I know in my brain I'll regret getting one right now.

Edit: All the fun looking games (Ultimate Chicken Horse, Overcooked) only look fun because you play it with friends and god knows I don't have friends.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i mean if you're trying to talk yourself out of getting a switch you realize that overcooked is already available on ps4/xbox/steam and ultimate chicken horse is on steam early access and will show up on all three at full release, or is that :thejoke:

Yeah, I mean. I'm gonna get it eventually. I'm just sad that everything I'm looking forward to outside of Zelda is some kind of multiplayer game and many of them are already released for other platforms.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Sounds like everyone is having a ton of trouble with the Switch. I haven't bought one yet because Walmart had like 50 in stock (online inventory checker) but they had nobody working electronics this morning and everyone I stopped was like "ohh,..... no...... no Switch. No Switch." So I just kinda gave up because I had to get to class.

I did order Switch Zelda, though, today. So I guess I'm gonna get one? But I keep hearing all these problems like screens being straight broken to scratches to sync issues and Joycons not working and poo poo and I dunno. Like, I dunno, guys. But I already loving bought Zelda.

But that's like the only game right now. And SnipperClips (obv.). I want 1-2 Switch to play with my nephews but gently caress 50 dollars for it. I'd be comfortable at 20, 30 MAX.

I don't even know what I'm asking here. Can someone just assuage my fears about the Switch being a lovely console? I mean, I already have a PS4 and a really old computer.

Does the scratching on the Switch (from the dock) touch the screen where gameplay happens?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Played some two-player Snipperclips at a food court today and nobody snatched the Switch off the table!!

Yeah, 'cause if they had to buy a dock, charger and joycons they could've just bought a loving Switch!

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Switch buyers, have any of you had buyers remorse yet?

How hosed up of a person would I be if I didn't bother getting a screen protector for my Switch which I do not own yet because I can't find one?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

eonwe posted:

can we have a google doc in the 2nd post with friend codes

Hey man, I followed your harrowing journey of not having a Switch pre-order. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you found one. Also, gently caress you for finding one.

:negative:

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Just tried with my earbuds and there's definitely a very faint interference noise. It's almost imperceptible if you're not in a quiet room with nothing happening in the game.

Fake edit: Did some more testing and I get the exact same thing from my New 3DS. Not from my phone though. So uh, thanks for making me notice this annoying thing that I never previously cared about, I guess :v:

You just got Shallow Hal'd.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

enojy posted:

Lots of negative posts the past few pages, but I did play Zelda for like 10 god drat hours today, and it just keeps getting better. I haven't played a single game for that long since World of Warcraft came out. Then I capped the nerd day off with some portable Puyo Puyo Tetris and Shovel Knight. I really hope the Switch gets a bunch of good games because it's a rad platform.

God drat it. I keep waffling between "eh, I can wait until they're widely available. I gotta focus on my classes and senior project anyway." to "I NEED THE SWITCH RIGHT NOWWWWWWWW!" and you're not really helping, buddy!

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tried it out and that was total BS (unless they were talking about DQXI.)
Also, it's one of the most poorly preforming games I've ever seen.

Edit: Okay docked looks way better here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbfUtSQzz8
I was on handheld with maybe half that framerate.

So is it just a Musou game or whatever? You just run around killing like 1000s of slimes and then pursue Lu Bu?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Well, if you didn't get a Switch by now I guess they're all out forever because I don't have one.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
ffffffuuuuuu.

I want a Switch but now the internet is telling me that Switches are broken as fuuuuuck. Not being able to put your save data onto the memory card sounds dumb.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Boy, this looks fun. I wish I had a Switch.

Edit: I know people were making GBS threads on the Switch for not having enough games but I seriously think I'm going to have a backlog of games to play by the time I manage to get one.

Edit 2: Give me some loving Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 10, 2017

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

I bought Zelda from Amazon because of the Prime discount without knowing when ill get an actual Switch. That thing is going to sit and taunt me.

Haha, I did the same loving thing. I hope I get to play it one day.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So I guess it was just one production run and that's it, huh? Man, I wish I got a Switch. Oh well.

Is Nintendo working on the New Switch U XL yet?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So, legit questions. Does anyone have an idea of when more systems are going to hit? It's sold out in about a 2000 mile radius from where I am.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

it's a neat little thing but unless you're really itching to play zelda it can wait, there's really not much else to play on it right now

I know this is a complete shot in the dark but does anyone know when they'll be making Switch 1.01? Like, with 0% chance to get a wonky joy-con and other Day1 issues the system has had? I mean, I couldn't get a switch if I wanted to (still sold out everywhere for me) but if the wait isn't super long I'd prefer to get one that works great out of the box.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

The joycon issue was solved at the factory. All the switches that could have had the issue have been sold. Even if you do get one, Nintendo will replace your joycon for free.

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah they claim that the joycon issue has already been addressed at the source. i'm not sure about other issues like dead pixels, but i would expect those to be within acceptable levels for electronics. i don't know anyone personally who has had that happen yet. you're never going to get a 0% chance of encountering problems but i wouldn't worry about it too much.

Cool. That's good to know. Yeah, the dead pixel thing is unfortunate but it seems like it's just a thing that happens. Did Nintendo ever come out with a statement saying how many pixels would be enough to get a change of Switch? I think industry standard is usually around 5 or so, right?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Hey, so have they started selling Switches yet? I really wanna get one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
They still making Switches? I've been calling my local stores, and by local stores I mean pretty much every Walmart, ToysRus, GameStop, etc. in the state, and no one ever has any Switches.

Like, there are no Switches within 2500 miles of where I am. What the gently caress.

Edit:VVVVV

A$$le loving the consumer again!

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 31, 2017

• Locked thread