Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I want an arms that's a good game. :/

I have good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wandle Cax posted:

Actually, it is. Very much so.

:yeah:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Youtuber may of accidentally spoiled something about ARMS due to Hedlok being in the testpunch. Possible spoilers follow.

He was surprised to see Hedlok as the guy is "one of" the bosses in the game and he was told not to talk about him. He figures it's fine to talk about him to some extent but isn't sure how much and lets slip something along the lines of "Yeah I dunno why he's here, you can't play as him normally from what I can tell."

Possible hidden mode or something where you get 6 punchy arms?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm really happy with the direct, not because it's what I wanted but because I can finally gather up the folks who wouldn't stop yelling ITS STARS!!! and dunk them in the garbage where they belong.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

http://i.imgur.com/zbTDYWG.mp4

It doesn't have the outlines at least so it's not anything in-engine. Maybe a cut-scene?

It's the same style as the demo cutscene and when big events happen in sun/moon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

that ivy guy posted:

A metric heckload of coins can be gained through 4 player local multiplayer.

It only counts player 1's coins for whatever reason.

Least that's how it was on the Wii-U version.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Melee is the same 4-5 dudes showing up and nothing else.

It's pooptrash

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm 28 and I'm gonna go into Gamestop and preorder stupid rear end rabbit game because it looks fun and I want to play the fun game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I went to gamestop and preordered the Rabbid game

Sadly I could not preorder game of the show: Kirby yet

I hope my good friend Pitch is in the game since Nago returned

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had this weird dream that Nintendo announced 2 metroid games today

like, I'm not even the biggest metroid fan but it was weird.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't get it. Metroid for years has had fans screaming "WE WANT THIS SERIES REVIVED!!! PLEASE, NEW METROID NINTENDO!"

Nintendo finally announces 2 and the first reaction to one of them from the same fans is "lol why should I pay for it when I can play fan games :D".

I wasn't a fan of DMCA'ing projects but kinda making it valid now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm seeing posts here talking about how XC2 has no ties to 1

Was that confirmed? Like why even call it 2 if it has nothing to do with the series once again? Why even have a similar energy sword? Lame.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tender Bender posted:

Without spoiling anything, just based on how the first game went and what we've seen of the second, I would be very surprised if you'd need to have closely followed the characters and plot of the first game instead of just reading a summary.

Oh I know, massive ending spoilers for Xenoblade 1 and what I thought was going into 2 when whatshisface protag mentions a architect part of me thought it might be a term given to Shulk seeing how he kinda overthrows the mechonis and bionis and is told he can shape the world.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TFRazorsaw posted:

But then people would see their rose tinted memories of TTYD don't hold up.

I played it recently and it seemed just fine to me?

Like TTYD is still easily the king?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's not that. I just think that if it's part of an established franchise, why NOT take the time to flesh out characters who really, really need it and use them as party members and villains?

A few original characters are fine but the overwhelming focus on them when they just vanish in the sequels makes it hard to remember anything about them. There's also a fact that ultimately a lot of them just feel... there. The two koopa party members in PM64 and TTYD are especially interchangeable, and in the end I really only think Bobbery, Bow, Goombella, and Vivian made a lasting impression on me.

Heck, Color Splash did more with a single Shy Guy on a train than some of these guys.

The Paper Mario Cast sucked rear end except Bow because they usually only had one or two lines of dialogue and then never spoke for the rest of the game (except Bow who oddly had plenty to say).

TTYD's only super weak party member was the koopa dude like I can't even remember if he's Koops or if that's the 1 dude. The rest of them had a lot more going for them so it was fun.

For the record I think the games go: TTYD > PM = Color Splash > Sticker Star = SPM (and I'll even add that I think Color Splash has the best boss fight in the entire series with Roy's battle.)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I was playing ARMS and my right joycon just stopped working entirely. Like it's not taking any inputs, not reading any punch motions, it's just dead- but the light on it is still on.

Any advice? I have no idea what caused this.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Restarting fixed it thankfully.

Also got me a perfect on the final boss so it was worth it??

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

nobody tell them that the upgrades on your ARMS don't carry into ranked

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

puking pentagrams posted:

I think I'm gonna pick up ARMS tonight based on these here forum posts. Any negative reasons to not buy the game?

Honestly it's Splatoon 1's situation again and that's the main negative. It has a small amount of content in it right now and getting the arms you want is extremely grind heavy and luck based.

Other then that I don't have any real issues with it personally. Gameplay flow is fun and I like using the motion controls which is a first for me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Strawberry Panda posted:

Who is the OP Arms champ?

Max Brass

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wish BotW wasn't a boring and bland game but what are you going to do. Hopefully when they make a sequel they can remember making the game fun and not entirely reliant on "haha I abused the physics engine."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

iajanus posted:

I'm just assuming it's a transparent attempt at trolling :shrug:

I posted my genuine thoughts awhile back, it's just a ultra dumbed down version.

I think the games okay but it's just that. Outside of climbing there wasn't a lot fun to it for me personally due to the lack of enemy variety and how braindead easy it was once you got armor that stopped you from getting one hit.

Really terrible boss fights, really boring dungeons (outside Hyrule Castle), lack of any new trinkets or stuff to mess with- it totally failed me on just about every level.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zelder posted:

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but I don't know how you can walk away from botw and describe it as bland. I don't even know how to rebut that because I can't even understand the language gap between us

I like the overworld and that's about it, all the fights were vs the same 3 sword and board mooks just colored differently and every nonstandard enemy outside guardians only had 1HP. It made combat super dull and uninteresting to me really, and the fact the game gives you all of your "items" in the first hour and there's nothing new introduced other then the ghost powers there wasn't much else to do to spice fights up in the insanely long game.

Like yeah I froze a enemy and pushed it off a cliff, or threw a metal object in a storm to zap enemies and it was neat in a "Haha it's cool I can do that" kind of way but it wasn't like it was a new wrinkle in combat.

There just wasn't anything there really :shrug:

E: If you like fighting the same exact bokoblin 1000 times while going across open fields into samey shrines then that's fine, you do you. It just wasn't for me and I'd just barely put it above Skyward Sword.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Takoluka posted:

Are you the kind of guy who takes a trip through the mountains and complains that the car ride there isn't a VR Six Flags roller coaster?

The game is about exploration and discovery. If you found it dull, it is probably because you actively dislike exploration and discovery.

BotW just isn't for you, and that's okay.

Seeing as I said I liked the overworld and the climbing I... don't follow your logic? Like that's the one thing I think was handled really well.

It's just everything else in there is boring as dirt.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Harlock posted:

Kirby has been pretty much the same game for a while and it keeps getting new entries. If be ok if they just kept making Star Fox 64 over and over with different graphics and routes.

If it counts they do try to add a new gimmick to each game that work to varying degrees so maybe that's good enough?

Returns to Dreamland had 4 player co-op with Dedede/Meta Knight/Waddle Dee
Triple Deluxe had Hyper Nova form to solve puzzles
Robobot had Kirby jack X's ride armor

:shrug: I'm not gonna complain either way as all of the games are great.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

E: Beaten by a wide margin. I didn't even see the post above me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What happened to that new thread

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If we don't get a W101 on the switch or god help us a sequel I'm gonna be so loving upset now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My favorite part about the W101 teaser image is the fact Green and Black have W101 on their jackets

During the first game they all had W100, the 101 didn't happen until the epilogue so I'm choosing to hope for a sequel.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wendell posted:

Based only on the ghost hands image I like Callie more because she's happy and energetic looking. The other one looks mopey and lame.

Yeah they're basically the extreme opposites so whichever you like better (if you even care lol) is pretty clear cut

Callie is super energetic/happy/kind of a ditz
Marie is super cynical/moody/sarcastic

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Marina owns and has me curious to what the LORE of this game is going to be. Like was she just that good a singer that the squidkids said gently caress it and let her leave the octo slums

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

EpicNemesis posted:

Someone TL;DW the direct for me. Can I go out and buy a neon switch with splattoon 2 bundled with it in North America like the rest of the loving world has? I want to buy a second switch for its accessories and might as well get it packaged with splatoon 2 if possible.

It was basically talking about how the game works for the most of it.

-Salmon Run is limited time only, you can set your phone to give you alerts when it's up though. It looks like Horde Mode mixed with City Trial from Kirby's Air Ride (lots of random events to spice things up)
-New updates release frequently like in Splatoon 1, they showed off a few new weapon types that'll release in time (A Umbrella that has a shield charge and a giant Bubble Blower)
-Callie and Marie are retired from Splatfests and a new duo is taking their spot as the games idols. Pearl a small white bratty looking squid kid and Marina a older looking octarian
-You'll still have ways to draw in game
-Splatfest is happening on the 15th and lasting for 3-5 hours, Cupcakes vs Ice Cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Marina > Pearl I'm ready to stand by that and fight you if you disagree

Judging by every post I see on every site I don't think that's a very threatening position to put yourself in.

• Locked thread