Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm officially in line at Best Buy. Apparently they got like 100 in stock. Quite a line, but far from that number. Godspeed all you goons out there looking for a switch tonight. Wish me luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm inside Best Buy about to buy my Switch and Zelda

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hey so why is the wifi on this thing such poo poo? It won't find my network half the time, and when it does, the connection is so slow and unstable that I can't even update the console.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Zelda is incredible you guys

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm never going to play this thing undocked, so it's sad to see that it's not a very good TV console. Starting to feel a little buyer's remorse. Zelda is good and all, but I could've played it on Wii U and been fine I guess. Damned if I don't want Mario Odyssey though.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it bad as a TV console?

Because it looks and runs better undocked, apparently. Which is cool and all except the battery life is poo poo, and I have no interest in taking this thing on the road anyway.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

The framerate on Zelda is worse docked because it upscales from 720 to 900

Like, I kind of expected native 1080p at this point. C'mon Nintendo, what are we doing here?

I guess my beef is that this thing really doesn't serve well as a handheld OR a console. Both sides are compromised.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My hot take on the Switch so far is that it's gimped as a TV console because it's spec'd to be a handheld, yet it only has like 3 hours of battery life so what's the point. Therefore it's not great at being either one. I hope time proves me wrong but man Zelda ain't even runnin' at 1080p and gets slowdown in TV mode. I'm perfectly happy to just leave this thing docked and only use it as a TV console but it's sad to see that games might not run as well on that mode. Even the home menu is 720p.

Oh also the joycons are rear end. Good thing I picked up a way overpriced pro controller.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Is it just me or is the wifi on this thing rear end?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The wifi on this thing sucks, yo.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well, I beat Zelda. Guess it's time to leave my Switch in sleep mode until Mario Kart comes out. :negative:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Mahoning posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Wii U have literally every Zelda game available on it? Between Virtual Console, remakes, and backward compatibility, that covers everything right?

It didn't have the gameboy ones.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

well why not posted:

super weird that Link's Awakening isn't on it. It has eight other Zelda games in the VC.

I'll be glad once 3DS and Wii U are buried and there's just ONE singular VC list. Fragmentation needs to go.

I just hope the VC on Switch isn't a trickle feed of releases like it had been on 3DS and Wii U. This is the console to start rolling on that service.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I wish this thing had Miiverse. Or streetpass. It feels so bare.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

enojy posted:

I own maybe 8 amiibo. Half are Animal Crossing. Two of them are Isabelle. My roommate thinks I want to gently caress her. It's like Isabelle is sweet & kind shih tsu. I do not want to have sex with the cartoon anthropomorphic dog. if we're laying it all out on the table in this here nintendo thread, I'd most def go on friendly platonic dates with her though.

:yikes:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I will buy Nintendo games and play them on my Nintendo Switch

Hell, same.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Why can't my switch find my wifi

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sort of a known issue. Power off your Switch completely (not sleep) and turn it back on.

Tried that multiple times. Even stood right next to the router with the switch in hand and it couldn't find the son of a bitch. Finally tried changing the security type on the wifi and now it seems to find it. Geez.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm not interested in either of those games but I'm holding out hope that they'll announce something cool.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That direct sucked and nothing in it made me excited to own a 3DS or a Switch.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

patonthebach posted:

Does the switch have Netflix support? And does it have a decent web browser?

It has neither of those things, friend.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Out of that entire direct the only games I am going to buy are Mario Kart 8 and Street Fighter 2 and I've already played both of these games on other platforms in the past.

Arms looks really bad. Splatoon is a no go because I'm not really in the market for a team based shooter. If I were to play Minecraft or Payday 2, Switch is certainly not the platform I would do it on.

Other than that, get hype for Monopoly and Rayman Legends again I guess.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bill Barber posted:

I've cracked the code. You never leave your house and as such, are continually discounting the #1 thing that makes Switch versions of games extremely desirable; portability.

I would be more excited about portability if the battery life was worth a drat, but as it is, it's not very effective as a portable system. Besides which, when I'm out and about, it's not usually to play video games. That's something I do when I'm at home.

I'm glad there's people that are excited to play 2 hours of minecraft outside of their house, but I can understand people being pretty underwhelmed by what was shown today.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It's the year 2017, no console should be rolling 720p anymore, let alone the successor to the Wii U.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I bought Mario Kart 8 on release as well as all of its DLC and I traded it in so I could buy the Switch version when it comes out.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm going to buy Street Fighter II for the insane asking price, sorry in advance.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think that during E3 Nintendo will announce the debut of VC titles on Switch with the surprise release of Mother 3, available on eShop right now! :)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Still heartbroken that the Switch doesn't have Miiverse. Can't believe they abandoned it immediately after introducing it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

For your hilariously unlikely E3 leak toss-up, Boy Scouts of America may or may not have leaked that Animal Crossing is coming to Switch.

This better be true, because I got mad hosed over on not getting an Animal Crossing for Wii U.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I can't believe I woke up at 7 am for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nintendo has made me very happy to own a Switch this E3.

• Locked thread