Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Can't believe I'm waiting in line for my Nintendo Switch, thanks Nintendo you fucks.

:same:

Local GameStop is packed, but that might just be because the store is, like, 3 ft by 3 ft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

deadwing posted:

Lol just Prime Now'd a Neon switch for delivery tomorrow after work

Five Switchezzzzz

Sorry to say, but you're what's wrong in the world.

Neon Switch obtained, coffee for MAXIMUM ZELDA pending.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Maybe I have less big, meaty hands than other goons, but the joycons feel good both in the grip and on the console.

Console itself feels more like a handheld then, well, a console.

Would give Zelda impressions, but my update is stuck at 0% since I'm in line with all the other east coast plebs :v: I also bought I am Setsuna because I am weak to JRPGs and I wanted something not Zelda for when I get Zelda'd out.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

shyduck posted:

Switches are already being sold on Ebay for 420-450. If you can't get one, just be patient, this is not gonna be another NES Mini situation

I mean, it might take a month, but after a month supply should be fine. And you can play Zelda on your Wii U in the meantime.

I don't get people who pay scalpers.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Auron posted:

they're not mild frame drops. dropping to 20FPS in most areas is laughable.

As someone who was just playing the game: it's only the Plateau. Really. I was just running around somewhere where it's pouring while my Switch was docked and had no drops.

The framerate issue really isn't that bad. Pokemon X and Y's framerate is more annoying imo.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Am I just dumb? I've literally noticed no slowdown playing while docked after the tutorial area. I mean, it sucks that the tutorial area has noticeable slowdown in some of the grassier patches, but it doesn't interfere with playing. And it isn't even the whole plateau. I would say 90% of the time on the plateau I had no slowdown and 100% no slowdown afterwards.

Also, considering the Wii U version has the same slow down issue, I think the problem is the game optimization, not the console.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If this means I get Chibi Robo on the Switch worth it

Me, but FE9.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A Pokémon game with the scope / size of breath of the wild would be pretty loving neato

Game Freak is too small a studio to do that without a ton of help so I doubt it.

It would be really loving cool though.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ChocNitty posted:

I feel like Nintendo's challenge is that the switch really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. People have to see Zelda running on the handheld and on the TV. I just don't think youtube videos do it justice.

Yeah, what clicked it for me was my brother kicking me out of the den so he could go to bed on the pull out couch and it taking me less than a minute to slide the Joycons out of the grip and onto the console and pick it up and press the shoulder buttons to get back into the game. It's really easy and seamless, but there's no real way to show it in a video or describe it adequately.

As for Splatoon 2, I loving loved Splatoon 1 but was always bummed I would miss Splatfests because I couldn't use my Wii U or forgot. If I get this digital on the Switch, I can literally pick it up and play it wherever and whenever and damnit, that poo poo's cool.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Do people not put their Joycons back on their Switch when they're done with a session? That's what I do and I don't think mine have been even as low as 50% since I opened the box.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kashuno posted:

I will say it's fair that most Americans don't have a major use case for the portability. I live in a major city and take the subway so it's great for me, and sometimes I want to just kick back in bed and play the handheld, but I know that's not for everyone.

Yeah, the latter is my case. I really like lying in bed playing Zelda like a chump or sitting by my computer listening to an LP or podcast while playing. It's nice.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

FIFA on a toilet

I mean, that is where poo poo goes.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Why would you sell your Switch if you are, in fact, planning on getting more games for it???

I don't understand goons?????

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Scratch-O posted:

Imagine going to a store, you're in your 20s or 30s, you don't have a kid with you, and you actually tell the clerk "I want the Rabbids SRPG, sir"

Imagine a store where you can buy the Rabbids SPRG from the comfort of your own house while still in your underwear without seeing or speaking to a single person.

It's called Amazon because this is 2017.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Scratch-O posted:

No one's judgment matters but the Lord's, friend. Do you want to look Jesus Christ in the eyes and tell him you bought the Rabbids SRPG?

Some other dude probably looked Him in the eyes and said he murdered someone in His name at least once, so I don't think He particular cares about your video game consumption habits.

Unless you actually liked *INSERT GAME I PERSONALLY DISLIKE HERE*.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

That XC2 trailer is even more anime than XC or XCX but I'll still play it.

Lack of Ike in the FE Warriors trailer was disappointing.

The only games being represented are FE1, Awakening, and Fates. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hi my name is hopeandjoy and I unironiclly love the Super Mario theme song they are playing and want a full version on Youtube, like, yesterday.

• Locked thread